Kensington Management Services Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2019

4.4
Kensington Management Services Executive Director Michael Thomas Jr.  (no image)
Michael Thomas Jr.
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Thanks

Aug 30, 2018 - Tss in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent staff. Very knowledgeable about services.

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

Director

Thanks for taking the time to write this. As you know, everyone in our office, including me, has worked in the field ourselves. I appreciate the compliments and look forward to getting even better! -Michael Thomas Jr., Executive Director

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Flexible hours to fit your schedule!

Oct 5, 2017 - TSS & DSP in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

KMS is one of the best jobs I ever had. The hours are so flexible and you can pick and choose whatever case or shift you want. It is so convenient to work closer to home. The staff there are so understanding because they started out in the filed themselves. They re-ensured me that I am welcome to return and pick up hours outside of my full-time job. Great way to gain experience in the behavioral health field, especially if you do not have any experience at all!

Cons

You must be ready to start the case or shift right away once you show interest.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Awesome Company

Jan 31, 2018 - DSP
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Hours! A great staff at the KMS office!

Cons

There are no cons !

4. 5.0

Human Resources

Sep 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best reasons to work at KMS is the friendliness of the staff and the open door office atmosphere. There is an opportunity for growth here and a flexibility with schedules. It is a pleasure to come to work.

Cons

The new location poses a longer commute from home for me.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great, flexible place to work

Jul 27, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility is great What I work is my choice Staff in the office are always nice and helpful Pay is on par for the field

Cons

They are only in Philly and the surrounding pennsylvania counties. Not in other states if you plan on moving.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A first step job to a better career

Sep 10, 2014 - Therapeutic Staff Support in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company provides a huge service to the welfare of children and the staff is very helpful. The pay is great for people who want to get the feet wet and help children with behavior issues.

Cons

Under the surface they care more about the Paper work than the progression of the child. They don't provide pay to employees when the child is unable to attend school. Most of the time the company as a whole tries to maintain face value.

Director

Hello! I am not sure if you are still currently with us, but I apologize for KMS taking so long to respond to all of these reviews. I have certainly read them! I appreciate both your kind words and your critique. I am sorry you feel that way about us appearing to only care about paperwork. I assure you that is not the case. I am currently a Mobile Therapist part-time in the evenings working with children, I do whatever I can to make sure KMS keeps their focus on what is truly important. -Michael Thomas Jr. : Director https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-thomas-jr-56989074/

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A friendly atmosphere

May 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back, calm atmosphere No micromanaging if you get things done Management is supportive

Cons

Small, but growing Not in a great area

Director

Hello! As I stated in above review, I apologize for taking so long to respond to get approved and to respond to your review. However, they were certainly read. I am proud to announce we have since moved to a much safer area, in Upper Darby, PA. I appreciate your comment on management, I strive to achieve this feedback, Thanks for being a part of KMS and sharing your experience with others. -Michael Thomas Jr. : Director https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-thomas-jr-56989074/

8. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Therapeutic staff support

Jun 22, 2018 - Behavioral Health Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always work available if your thoroughly gifted and serious about working with behavioral needs . The company will provide you with employment.

Cons

I lived a distant from where the company onced was located and although I enjoyed working for them I preferred a closer school near my home in upper Darby.

Director

Thanks for taking the time to write this! I also appreciate the kind words you provided about me and also about KMS. Thank you so much for being a part of KMS and helping us build our reputation to what it is today. - Michael Thomas Jr., Executive Director

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Stuck at lowest pay

Mar 17, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to apply Easy to get hired Pay for required trainings Respectful staff

Cons

Pay the lowest rate for Therapeutic Support Staff ( only $13 hourly where other companies pay at least $15 hourly) You cannot gain a pay increase unless you become a contractor or get a new job

3 people found this review helpful

Director

Hello! I am sorry it has taken so long to respond. KMS has just gotten on board and approved to reply on Glassdoor. I am happy to announce that we have taken heed of your voice and others voices and raised the TSS pay rates. I appreciate you being a part of KMS and taking the time to share your experience with others. -Michael Thomas Jr. : Director https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-thomas-jr-56989074/

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Eh

Aug 3, 2016 - Therapeutic Support Staff in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can set your own schedule, pick up as many cases as you want within reason. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Being a contractor sucks, no benefits, no guaranteed work depending on the absence of your clients and no paid training.

Director

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am happy that all of the KMS administrative staff are helpful and nice to you, I stress this every day. I understand your feelings in regards to contracting and I appreciate your being a part of KMS. -Michael Thomas Jr. : Director https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-thomas-jr-56989074/

Viewing 11 - 20 of 21 Reviews