Kent Landsberg Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Decent company to work for."

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are pretty decent and the pay is ok. The company is very safety oriented and really focuses on safety.

Cons

Long hours. 12-14 hour days and a lot of weekends. The staff are not team players and everyone is working against each other. A lot of turnover. It's tough to be a manager when you are constantly thin on people and you have to jump in as a dock worker on a daily basis.

2. "Have to be one of the boys"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great healthcare benefits. good 401k/profit sharing. employees are nice.

Cons

extremely difficult for women to get ahead within the company no matter how good they are at their job. management tends to promote their friends instead of the employees that are qualified. pay freezes happen all the time and for no real reason, but those freezes only apply to the people not currently in management's favor (even if it's supposed to be a company wide freeze, if you're buddies with the boss, you'll get a raise). raises are small as can be when you do get them. no HR in memphis location, so all HR issues have to be sent to California, or handled via local management, which makes it hard on employees if HR issue is WITH local management. you can't have a confidential meeting with management b/c they'll tell their friends what you said, and if you have an issue with fellow employee, they will tell that employee everything you said - they seem to like to pit employees against one another. being in customer service or purchasing for certain high earning sales reps means that you will need to be on call 24-7, but you won't get paid for it.

Advice to Management

promote the people that are worth it and not just your friends. keep HR type conversations confidential. playing favorites does NOTHING for morale.

3. "Great product/ poor communication"

Former Employee - Driver, Warehouseman, Shipping/Receiving in San Marcos, CA
    Former Employee - Driver, Warehouseman, Shipping/Receiving in San Marcos, CA

Pros

Good crew to work with in warehouse. good pay, great benefits 401K, paid time off and major holidays off.

Cons

Seniority doesn't matter for layoffs, lack of communication.

5. "Inside Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kent H Landsberg and Amcor are principled and great environments in which to work with competent support staff.

Cons

Sales management was not in touch with the reps daily routine and requirements.

Advice to Management

Keep your new inside sales management.

6. "Warehouse Associate"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Newark, CA

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time

Pros

I was able to evolve and pursue goals much simplier to lead a better life. I am generally much happier when I am satisfied researching.

Cons

Job uncertainty and an unclear structure because their perception had unrealistic expectations about working long hours, hostility, their education was outdated which complicated technical material.

Advice to Management

Have good corporate leadership and be helpful to employees capabilities, support the workforce, and observe things more in satisfactorily using psychology by reasoning and convincing intellectually.

7. "Inside Sales Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, people are nice to work with

Cons

if you're working in Inside Sales there is no where to move up in the company except Outside Sales.

Advice to Management

Management seems to play favorites...

8. "Corrugated Buyer"

Former Employee - Buyer in Grapevine, TX
    Former Employee - Buyer in Grapevine, TX

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Co-workers & Benefits Pkg.

Cons

Poor management team-Poor people skills

Advice to Management

Hire someone with people skills

9. "Great"

Former Employee - Customer Service/Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service/Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Customers were awesome, co-workers were like family, easy to work for. Benefits were ok! Time-off policies were great.

Cons

Training was below average! there was very little personal growth!

Advice to Management

Train new employees before you throw them into the job they were hired for.

"When the overall "customer experience" gives way to corporate greed, it's a sad day indeed."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Kent Landsberg full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, Matching 401k to vested employees, Good retention

Cons

Poor overall management with "Good 'Ol Boy" mentalities, Nepotism, Equal-opportunity issues, Unrealistic goals, No vision or creativity, Very hard to climb up the ladder

Advice to Management

Here's my advice to management...
    After working with the company as a sales rep for several years, I've seen plenty of interesting things overall from all areas that can be worked on heavily. I think the main one to start with is that they need to broaden their mindsets on giving other "lesser known" entities a chance to prove their worth with the company by giving them the same type of chances that they're continuing to give the more well known commodities. In order to expand, you need to accept change and "share the wealth" so to speak. If all of the top accounts are continued to be handed to your top reps and they continue to advance... what happens to everyone else? Diversify! Those top reps can leave and take that knowledge somewhere else and leave you high and dry while you are left with decent accounts and people who are unqualified to work them as well. Also rookie outside reps have to kill themselves for over a year just to be able to make ridiculous goals so they can hope to qualify for a salaried structure. They lose a large percentage of these reps who could bring something to the company if they just lightened up on them a little.

Another huge issue with the company has been on the equal-opportunities stance. I've been with Inside Sales in Arizona for over 5 years and found out that over the 10 years of existence, only 4 African American reps have been hired full-time (0 in the last 5 years) and 2 Hispanic reps (0 in the last 5 years). There's a huge problem with that. Not only on the management stance, but on HR's as well. Even though the attrition rate has slowed significantly over the past few years, there have been several hundred reps passing by and only a few non-whites? The same can be said for OSR's in other divisions as well. It's extremely few and far between that you find a Hispanic or African American outside rep. There is just as much talent waiting there guys! What's the problem here?? Inside Sales is based in Arizona and you're telling me that you can't find a qualified Hispanic rep?

Lastly, the overall customer experience within the company I eroding completely. The same can be said for The Wal-Marts and Targets of the world, sure... but this was the Kent H. Landsberg Company. Well, then they changed it to just "Landsberg" because that tested better or whatever. This was a company that was strictly based on our service and what we can do for our customer. We'd probably be a little more expensive. But, the customer would know our name and always feel secure with us (much like Nordstrom's). Now, greed has set in and U-Line (the major competitor in packaging supplies in the nation) has moved in with the best website/bells/whistles and took over. So, here comes the (male adult member) measuring contest and we completely forget our corporate culture. Up pops a website that's not competitive, more divisions pop up everywhere, more company cutbacks keep happening, more demands are made... and they still see that we're falling behind. Why? We're not U-Line. We're Kent H. Landsberg Company and we should embrace our past and not try to be U-Line.

If these setbacks keep happening to the company, I seriously shutter to think of what the future will hold for the employees.

11. "supervisor employee flexability on appointments great safety work enviorment and team players great open door policy"

Former Employee - Production Laborer in Wilsonville, OR
    Former Employee - Production Laborer in Wilsonville, OR

Pros

worth daily drive fill in time off board think like your the costumer respect the costumer

Cons

extra fuel money extra mileage no perks or bennies no promotions no raises I drove 20 extra miles longer more detailed traing

Advice to Management

consider employees travel time wear and tear on vehical date of hire employment lenght rotation and training on all equipment and all aspects of different [all] projects listen consider evaluate reason{s} employee hasitates to be a team player on must have in trailor before close of buuisness instead of sending him or her home two hours into the work day give incentives better production look listen find a place better suited for emplyee