KentuckyOne Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Chuck Neumann

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "upper management is clueless, wastes money, never follows through and no feedback" (in 6 reviews)

• "A very hostile work environment with psychological intimidation and manipulation, and malicious environment to work in daily" (in 5 reviews)

"Great Place to Work!"

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

Great leadership, people, benefits with lowest premiums I have ever had. Good work environment with opportunity to grow. Not perfect, but close. I fully recommend working at KentuckyOne Health.

Cons

Every job I have been in has had issues, I can't find anything to complain about at Jewish Hospital.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating with employees, we believe in you!

2. "Rn"

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

Feels like a family after awhile. Meet great friends. Many opportunities to develop education and build on to your craft.

Cons

Cliquey. Hard work. Short staffed. Company going through buyout morale down

3. "Overlooks important things you do while nitpicking the little things"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Maybe some staff are nice to work with, but it’s like being back in high school with how people form cliques. And if you don’t fit into those cliques, they torment you and push you out.

Cons

Don’t care about you. They don’t care about the actual work you do unless you’re an “untouchable”. If you work here, make sure you brown nose your bosses. The pay is horrible as well. And no where to move up in your position unless you get some kind of board certification or licensure. Turnover rate is so high.

Advice to Management

Pay people more. Care about your employees more.

KentuckyOne Health Response

Nov 26, 2018 – Talent Sourcing Strategist

We’re sorry to hear you’re not please with KentuckyOne as your employer. We work very hard to ensure all employees have a positive work experience as it directly relates to the quality of care we... More

4. "Manager"

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

good doctors, good benefits, good coworkers

Cons

5. "Miracles are happening"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KentuckyOne Jewish Hospital is a great place full of people that love their patients. We all strive everyday to make our patients lives better. There is nowhere in Louisville where you will get the specialized clinical opportunities as you will at our hospital. It is a priviledge to work among the best clinical teams in Louisville.

Cons

KentuckyOne has had many obstacles in the way of negative press.

Advice to Management

It is great to work among leaders who are not above rolling up their sleeves and helping their staff out. My advice is keeo your heads up and keep supporting your staff.

6. "Human Resources"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits; including 401k, education reimbursement and paid long-term and short-term disability.

Cons

Low salary for very competitive market.

Training was frenetic and obviously unplanned. Hours were wasted within the first two weeks as new hires were given large gaps of free time with no access to training materials or systems. Manager was also on PTO which added to disorganization and overall lack of effectiveness. Important information that was missed during training was still being discovered and taught in the 8th week, well after we were “on our own.”

Teamwork is severely lacking as co-workers are pitted against each other and often encouraged to “tattle” or gossip to management. Professionalism in the workplace is severely lacking in the HR department as gossip behind closed doors between co-workers and Managers happens on a daily basis, providing an often hostile work environment.

This is the first and only company I’ve ever worked for in my 15+ years in HR that a meeting had to be called to discuss “feelings” and respecting your co-workers.

More focus needs to be placed on the quality of work being accomplished and recognizing each individual (on every team) for their successes, instead of petty drama between middle-aged women.

Advice to Management

Managers should not be spending their days listening to complaints from subordinates about other employees. You’ve hired adults and all should be expected to act as such.

Also- Management should take note of ALL of their employees, not just the squeaky wheels or those in “high-profile” positions. If you don’t recognize the successes of your hard-working and dedicated associates, you stand a great chance of losing them to a competitor who will treat them with the respect and recognition they deserve.

Finally, NO ONE needs to meet every single day! Especially when you’re all on the same floor! Please learn the value of a well-written e-mail. Read up on some of the new research on how much time is wasted in an office during meetings and socializing. Productivity could skyrocket if you could simply allow people to stay at their computers and do their jobs! Instant Messenger and Email are miraculous ways to communicate, if you’ll just give them a chance!

7. "VP"

I worked at KentuckyOne Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benifits there are no other pros

Cons

There are leaders but no leadership

Advice to Management

C suite needs to be replaced along with the VPs

8. "Registered nurse"

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

Learning experience, large hospital, sign on bonus/ school reimbursement

Cons

High turn over, under paid, outdated technology

9. "Human resources"

I have been working at KentuckyOne Health full-time

Pros

No plans to close Jewish Hospital, being part of a legacy is rewarding and I intend to help carry it forward.

Cons

Negative media which is a distraction

Advice to Management

share all the great things about our organization more regularly and broadly

10. "MRI Technologist"

Former Employee - Radiology in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Radiology in Louisville, KY

I worked at KentuckyOne Health part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having the ability to continue working to help make a difference in others lives. I love what I do and strive to give all my patients the best job and care I can.

Cons

No support or cooperation from direct management. A very hostile work environment with psychological intimidation and manipulation, and malicious environment to work in daily.
    The main focus is not customer care like they preach. But to complete exams as quickly as possible regardless that it takes away from the ability to make pts more at ease. No teamwork. HR does not support the workers only the management regardless of the situation.

Advice to Management

Need to appreciate those that do you and the company a reputable job performance under any situation. Believe in your employees and concerns when addressed about possible concerns in a department. Be able to see the signs and proof that management is not always the one doing things in a professional manner as expected.