Kerkering Barberio & Co Reviews

Updated Nov 18, 2019

3.6
Kerkering Barberio & Co CEO Robert Lane
Robert Lane
Pros
  • "Excellent pay, fantastic colleagues, room for advancement, great perks (meals during tax season, give always, acknowledgements)(in 9 reviews)

• "Great managing Shareholder and COO(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "The cons about working at KB is that tax season is very busy and at times this can be stressful and affect your work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "Long hours during tax season, could have better training (sink or swim attitude)(in 13 reviews)

1. "Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Largest independent firm in Southwest Florida Employee experience-driven workplace Excellent internship experience Straight pay

Cons

Public accounting is not for everyone.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2019-11-19

"KB is for real"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

KB has a great culture and good hard working people. I don't think there is a smarter group of people working together in the state of Florida.

Cons

Compensation is much lower than the national average. There is a very high turnover given the nature of tax season.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2017-07-29
  3. "Staff Accountant, CPA"

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

Great environment, overtime pay during tax season and breakfast on Fridays!

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2017-06-24
  4. "Good and bad"

Receptionist/Executive Administrative Assistant in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Cons

Lack of training by management

Kerkering Barberio & Co2016-05-29

June 15, 2016Managing Partner

Thank you for providing insight on your personal experience in working with Kerkering Barberio. We work hard to create an environment that is rewarding to our team members, and many of your positive statements point to ways we recognize and honor a job well done. Continuous learning is a lifelong process, regardless of where you are at in your career. We appreciate your feedback regarding training challenges that you may have experienced during your time with us, as we can use this information to help us to improve our training program for future KB team members. We wish you the best in your future endeavors, and if you would like to discuss any of your concerns in further detail, please contact Managing Partner Rob Lane directly at rlane@kbgrp.com.

5. "Average"

Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co for less than a year

Pros

HR team is one of the best, most professional out there. They put in maximum effort to keep employees satisfied and relations smooth.

Cons

None nothing not a thing.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2016-05-24

June 15, 2016Managing Partner

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your employment with Kerkering Barberio, and thank you for recognizing the efforts of our HR team, which works hard to make our company one of the leading accounting firms in Southwest Florida. Inclusion of all team members is very important to us, and we ascertain from your brief comments that you did not experience the team environment that we strive for during your time with us. If this is something that you would be willing to elaborate on to help us better understand, we would appreciate the additional feedback. You can contact Managing Partner Rob Lane directly at any time by phone or at rlane@kbgrp.com. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts on your time with KB. Best of luck to you in the future.

6. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible work environment; opportunity for growth if you are hard working and passionate about your job; and large firm with great resources / people for complex accounting work.

Cons

None. Great place to work.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2016-02-23

June 15, 2016Managing Partner

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your career with KB. We agree that there are many opportunities for growth and are pleased to facilitate an environment of both personal and professional development for our employees. We value your input, and thank you for your dedication and hard work in supporting our clients!

7. "great work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to work remotely; production bonuses; rebates for generating new work

Cons

some lack of communication; isolation of "teams"

Kerkering Barberio & Co2016-02-13

June 15, 2016Managing Partner

Thanks for providing this feedback of your work experience with Kerkering Barberio. The points you identify help us to know what our team members value and areas that we may look at to improve. We appreciate your insights and invite you to discuss in more detail with your team leader or KB leadership at any time.

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time for more than a year

Pros

They want you trained. They care about their employees and retaining them for the long term. The perks are extremely competitive.

Cons

Tax Season. If you can't handle the pressure probably not for you.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2015-10-23

"Very good company to work for"

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

KB is a company which strives to keep its employees happy. Effort is made during the busy seasons to keep employees positive & motivated: dinner provided at times, massages, special events like lunches & contests, a supportive atmosphere. HR makes an effort to seek out issues and resolve them. Management seems honestly concerned with keeping a work-life balance to help avoid burn-out & turnover. Also, the company is extremely flexible during slow seasons, and even during busy season to a reasonable point. Open door policy is great for bouncing ideas around. If you are a self-starter, your career path here will be very bright, with lots of opportunities. If you need to be micro-managed to accomplish things, you may have a harder time with the culture. There is no "good old boys club" at KB; if you work hard and well, you are rewarded.

Cons

401k match could be a lot better/bigger. Like any public accounting firm, work during the busy seasons is intense. However, KB does a great job at trying to make things easier on employees.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2015-08-31

"Good company, good benefits, some retention issues"

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

A company that gets many of the small things right when it comes to employees. Recognizes birthdays, has cookouts on the parking deck, no "mandatory fun" events. There is a strong focus on using best practices and tools that are usually not seen except in larger corporate settings, this is good. Development is provided not just on technical skills, but on soft skills also. Offices are nice and working schedule is flexible according to each employees needs. Employees are treated respectfully, fairly and professionally. Lots of room to grow, if you are a self-starter.

Cons

Largest issue currently appears to be retention of long-term and upper level employees. This raises the question if employee concerns are not being addressed appropriately with each individual to avoid loss of talent. More structured and targeted training and development plan/system could be developed. Some perception issues may be being caused because higher levels have become too separated from the front-line preparation and don't have a feedback system in place to address items that don't affect them directly.

Kerkering Barberio & Co2015-08-05