Cover image for Kerkering Barberio & Co

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good work, good people, good location.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company

Dec 18, 2021 - Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overtime is paid, production bonus and manager bonus, good training and tech. Remote work.

Cons

Lots of overtime, but expected for industry.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

good

Nov 10, 2022 - Barber
    Business Outlook

Pros

good place and really nice people

Cons

get really tired sometime but it ok

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Kerkering Barberio. We’re so glad that you find our work environment enjoyable and have made positive connections with your co-workers! While working at a busy accounting firm can be challenging during certain times of the year, our administrative team works hard to ensure KB team members are provided amenities like firm lunches, in-office massages, and are able to flex their time to ensure personal needs are met. We hope you’ve been able to take advantage of some of these offerings when the work is more demanding. Thanks for being a member of our team!

3. Join the Kerkering Barberio & Co team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Departments Vary

Oct 1, 2022 - International Tax Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The firm as a whole, has good benefits, average pay, and they make an effort to help employees regardless of the situation.

Cons

The firm is broken into departments and each department operates differently. Some operate better and that shows via long-term retention, and other departments do not operate well and can be toxic, and that shows via employee retention issues. Although there are firm standards each partner seems to have their own rules to follow, so if you work under multiple partners, you can be getting told to redo work because one partner doesn't like what another partner likes. Can be very redundant and counter productive, especially since bonuses are paid out via billable time not exceeding budgets.

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience during your time with Kerkering Barberio. This feedback is valuable to us as we continue to grow the firm and make improvements in our operating strategy. We do hope that you took advantage of speaking to leadership directly about your concerns before your departure from the firm, as we believe that is helpful for everyone’s continued growth and development as an accounting professional. About a year ago, Kerkering Barberio’s shareholders adopted a practice called One Firm into our firm. This practice will help us to maintain continued excellence in client service while creating a more uniform experience across the firm related to operations, learning, and collaboration. We are proud to continue pushing toward a One Firm vision and acknowledge that it is not an overnight process and requires commitment and focus from our entire firm. We hope that you’ve found a better fit for your professional talents and offer you best wishes as you progress in your career. Thanks again for providing this feedback to allow us to continue to improve our firm for the entire KB team.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Nothing special in my opinion

Apr 25, 2022 - Tax Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was nice. Time and a half over 37.5 hours per week.

Cons

This firm is not the typical firm hierarchy. You are placed within a group and only work within that group. Groups don’t help each other out, even around deadlines. It’s each own group fending for itself. Also, as a tax professional with 15 years experience, I was not allowed ANY client contact because I had not proven myself. At previous firms, I had managed 40-50 clients myself with complete control. At KB, partners and sr managers handled all client correspondence and requests which really clogged down the process and put a lot of stress on them. At the end of a year of employment I decided to leave as I wasn’t being fulfilled and felt my career was going backward.

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your one year of employment with Kerkering Barberio. As we celebrate 50 years of serving our clients throughout Tampa Bay, we realize that feedback like yours will help make us stronger and challenge us to explore new ways to improve. We encourage all team members to offer suggestions and voice concerns, and hope that you took advantage of doing so during your time with us. During the first year of employment with KB, team members are offered increasing levels of responsibility as we get to know one another’s work styles. Our top priority is ensuring that our clients receive the highest level of service and expertise possible, and we work hard to prepare new Kerkering Barberio employees to deliver that standard. In 2021, we adopted the One Firm strategy in our firm, which follows many of the recommendations you offer in your feedback, including sharing client workloads and breaking down silos within the firm. We believe this model offers continued excellence in client service, while also providing opportunities for learning, collaboration and career growth within our firm. We’re pleased to know you’ve found a more fulfilling role to utilize your talents and wish you the best in future endeavors. Thanks again for offering your feedback on Glassdoor to allow us to learn from your experience.

6. 5.0

Great Culture and Work Flexibility

Dec 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

KB has been a great experience for me from a professional and personal sense. I was new to the Sarasota area when I started with the firm, and have had my colleagues inside of work quickly turn to my friends outside of work. The diversity amongst the roles and responsibilities really allow someone to carve their own path and grow at their own pace.

Cons

Public Accounting does come with overtime during busy seasons but, that is to be expected given the industry.

7. 4.0

Decent place to work

May 21, 2021 - In-charge Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to bank overtime or get paid

Cons

Base pay could be higher

8. 1.0

Most of the Positive Reviews are Fake

Apr 29, 2021 - Tax
    Business Outlook

Pros

Largest accounting firm in Sarasota.

Cons

Management and owners have no people skills. Training is inadequate. KB is a white-collar sweatshop. You better work fast because the owner's compensation structure depends on how much they can get from their staff. Don't accept employment at this business if you want to grow. Training takes away from the time you could be doing billable work, and that does not help their bottom line.

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thank you for your candid feedback. We acknowledge the demands of public accounting. While some of it is on-the-job, we are continually striving to enhance our training and professional growth opportunities. Again, we appreciate the time you took to provide your experience and wish you the best in your professional endeavors.

9. 2.0

former employee

May 7, 2021 - Accountant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees were helpful and pleasant to work with

Cons

Did not receive training for job

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thank you for your feedback. We provide many opportunities for training including on-the-job, webinars, seminars, conferences and more. We strongly encourage you to reach out to your direct Shareholder and/or Human Resources to address your specific training needs.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Some Shareholders need to retire

Nov 18, 2020 - Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits and good place to learn if you are under the right shareholder

Cons

Horrible place to work if you are under the wrong shareholder

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thank you for sharing your personal experience as an employee with Kerkering Barberio. We understand that sometimes employment situations don't work out due to personal differences. Kerkering Barberio maintains an open-door policy with our human resources team and managing shareholder to allow team members to work through personnel challenges in a productive manner. We hope that you took advantage of this opportunity and wish you the best in future endeavors.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Can be a stressful environment

Oct 20, 2020 - Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pays fair wages, nice people to work with

Cons

Strong emphasis on billable hours which results in stressful employees

Kerkering Barberio & Co Response

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your work experience with Kerkering Barberio. As trusted advisors to our clients, we strive to balance managing work time with opportunities to help lighten the stress levels of our team members. We understand that working at an accounting firm can be stressful and is not a fit for everyone. Again, we appreciate your feedback, and we wish you much success in your pursuits.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Reviews
</>Embed

Kerkering Barberio & Co Reviews FAQs

Kerkering Barberio & Co has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 69 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Kerkering Barberio & Co to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kerkering Barberio & Co employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kerkering Barberio & Co. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

61% of Kerkering Barberio & Co employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kerkering Barberio & Co 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kerkering Barberio & Co to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, culture, management.