Kerkering Barberio & Co Reviews in Sarasota, FL | Glassdoor

3.4
Kerkering Barberio & Co CEO Robert Lane
Robert Lane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent pay, fantastic colleagues, room for advancement, great perks (meals during tax season, give always, acknowledgements) (in 9 reviews)

• This is not a boring place to work but a great place to build a career (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • KB is a great place if you want a career (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good and bad"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Executive Administrative Assistant in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Cons

Lack of training by management

Jun 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thank you for providing insight on your personal experience in working with Kerkering Barberio. We work hard to create an environment that is rewarding to our team members, and many of your positive... More

2. "Average"

Former Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Kerkering Barberio & Co (Less than a year)

Pros

HR team is one of the best, most professional out there. They put in maximum effort to keep employees satisfied and relations smooth.

Cons

None nothing not a thing.

Advice to Management

As with most smaller firms, more training.
    More team building for more group cohesiveness increased morale and less exclusionary behavior.

Jun 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

We appreciate your candid feedback regarding your employment with Kerkering Barberio, and thank you for recognizing the efforts of our HR team, which works hard to make our company one of the leading... More

3. "great work environment"

Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to work remotely; production bonuses; rebates for generating new work

Cons

some lack of communication; isolation of "teams"

Advice to Management

needs to be more inter-team communication

Jun 15, 2016 – Managing Partner

Thanks for providing this feedback of your work experience with Kerkering Barberio. The points you identify help us to know what our team members value and areas that we may look at to improve. We... More

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They want you trained. They care about their employees and retaining them for the long term. The perks are extremely competitive.

Cons

Tax Season. If you can't handle the pressure probably not for you.

"Great firm to work for!"

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time

Pros

I enjoy working at KB because of the variety of project opportunities offered. I also like the flexibility and the fact that I never feel like I am being micro-managed. KB has an open door policy and I can always go to my supervisor and ask questions. In addition, they provide financial assistance for the CPA exam and have fun events throughout the year. I also like the fact that we get paid for overtime hours and/or have to option to bank the extra hours for future use during slow season.

Cons

The cons about working at KB is that tax season is very busy and at times this can be stressful and affect your work/life balance. However, this comes with working at any CPA firm.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Kerkering Barberio & Co full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, you will learn a ton, reimbursement for CPA exam, bonus once you pass, overtime paid at time and a half, great health insurance (as long as it's only for you), birthday cake every month, lots of fun events, tuition reimbursement, jeans days every once in a while, 401k, vacation, holidays & other PTO good

Cons

Long hours during tax season, could have better training (sink or swim attitude)

"Great place to work and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Paid for every hour worked & bonus program.
    Great co-workers, smart and helpful.
    Flexible when you need it.
    Great paid time off allowance.

Cons

Expected to work long hours certain times of the year and have to schedule vacations, life events, etc. around those times.
    Health insurance for anyone with more than one person on the plan is very high.

Advice to Management

Hire the best and standardize training for new employees.

"SWEAT SHOP"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Some co-workers
    Some shareholders
    Location
    Provides education for the green ones
    Kerkering Barberio was known for it's name, now there is no Mr. Kerkering or Mr. Barberio involved in the company anymore. This is very sad as one in particular made this company what it used to be.

Cons

The ship is sinking and the shareholders have not even handed out the life jackets.
    I wish it was like the "old" days when every one got along with each other especially the shareholders. Why does one always want to be boss and act out? Some just can't be happy and want more and want others to be unhappy right along with him.

Too many chiefs. Too much gossiping. Too many secrets. Too many eyes.

Too many people think they can do or say whatever they please just because they are sleeping and/or are friends with their shareholder. It is a double standard around here.

Just let us do our jobs in our used small cubicles that the drawers won't even stay closed.

Advice to Management

People that are are blaming management, management can only do as much as the shareholders will allow. Remember who pays management. The shakedown has just started. Until they get control of one shareholder there will be problems. There is no respect for each other. It is all about the money. All respect went out the door when the last male shareholder retired. As we all know, each shareholder is in business for themselves. It's like executive suites, they hire their own team and pay rent and operate under the Kerkering Barberio name.

"YOU GET AND EMPLOYEE NUMBER WHEN YOUR START & THAT'S ALL YOUR ARE!"

Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Only the shareholders get the view. We used to have a nice view in the break room but the condos messed that up. Why do we even have a break room? You are always looked upon or check on when you go in there. Breaks are not deserved nor earned here in some eyes.

It is a known fact that you must be friends with your shareholder or else! See older posts and COMMENTS.

Cons

Like someone said previously, "If you aren't friends with your shareholder, you are basically on the outs to begin with.
    Lots of favoritism.
    Certain employees are allowed to act as bosses (and not even in management positions).
    Other shareholders turn a blind eye to the chaos of their department and just care about billing clients and getting their pay." WELL SAID!

Advice to Management

Do the shareholders really make a company? Perhaps some do and some don't. Stop walking on the female shareholders. Please listen to what we are saying, please.

"Be careful, beware and be prepared"

Current Employee - Accountant in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Name, location, reputation (you think) and coworkers.
    Free CE
    You can get your education here paid, get experience and then leave.

Cons

Not appreciated as to what you bring to the table. You have no voice in this company. If you upset certain people, you get let go. The break room is monitored. If you take a break, you are stared at when certain people enter the room. Only certain people are allowed to have fun at this company.

Shareholders are in business for themselves. They operate as they are in business alone not has a whole. They all just operate under the KB name. They each have their own practice. It is just not seen as such on the outside. This is a very broken company when you get inside. Eight years and there has been change but not for the better.

Advice to Management

Management keep up the good work. It is a tough market to be searching for a job.
    Leadership is great when you have full power.