- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Bakersfield, CA Area
- - Bakersfield, CA
- - Visalia, CA Area
- - Visalia, CA
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - Fairfield, CA
- - Arkansas
Found 54 of over 55 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about Valley Strong Credit Union? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Valley Strong Credit Union employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 4, 2022 - Centralized Operations Servicing Specialist I in Bakersfield, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- You can work your way up with or without experience. - The company really does care for both the members and Team Members. - Great Benefits for Full-time positions. - Good Pay to start either part time or full time. - Can transfer to any of the branches.
- Depending on your methods of learning, you don't learn everything during training. You learn along the way.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 5, 2023 - Senior MsrRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Friendly staff, flexible with schedule, great benefits
Pay could be more and their's lack of training
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 1, 2023 - Undisclosed for PrivacyRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Company loves their employees, designing programs to illustrate this across all levels. People with sustained tenure genuinely care for each other. Company compensates people very well. Not only do they care for the team, they care for members too.
Enterprise-wide modifications (overall performance program, dei and erg) are causing shifts that should be addressed earlier to avoid negatively affecting the enterprise.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 19, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits Good salary Good members to work with
High turnover/Low staffing Strict attendance not great for parents Micromanagement Poor training Senior team doesn’t address needs as expressed by staff
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 16, 2022 - Contact Center Officer in Bakersfield, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great atmosphere, friendly and fun place to work
I have no cons here
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Aug 19, 2022 - FSO II in Bakersfield, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits were great, co workers were nice, business casual attire accepted. Jeans on Fridays and Saturdays. Christmas bonus, small, but at least it was something.
As an FSO you have to work Saturdays. Depending on the office you may have to work at a different branch from your home branch on weekends. When an employee in your department leaves they tend not to replace them, but rather disburse more work amongst those remaining. Not enough coverage when someone is out of office for vacation or sick. I had multiple times where I had to run the whole lending side as the only FSO the entire day and had to take lunch at 2pm or later when someone could come from another branch to cover my 1hr lunch.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 2, 2022 - IT Support in Bakersfield, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good work life balance and people are friendly.
Poor management and the IT department lack skills in todays technological space.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Valley Strong is an incredible place to work. I have never felt more valued and supported in my employment and progression. Leaders have always been approachable and friendly. I'm proud to work here!
I honestly have no cons.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jun 13, 2022 - Branch Service OfficerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company truly cares about its teams and members, and embraces its core values/roots.
Depending on the position, pay can be on the lower side and sometimes difficult to negotiate. However, there are plenty of opportunities for promotions and bonuses.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★May 31, 2022 - Organizational Development Officer in Bakersfield, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
If you're looking for a company that knows how to treat it's employees fairly and provides opportunities for those that are seeking them then come work for Valley Strong
I have nothing negative to say.
Valley Strong Credit Union Reviews FAQs
Valley Strong Credit Union has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Valley Strong Credit Union to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.
85% of Valley Strong Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Valley Strong Credit Union 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.