Cover image for Valley Strong Credit Union

Finance

2m

a

Commercial Customer Service Representative

What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.

12 Comments

Finance

140.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Valley Strong Credit Union~436760
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Valley Strong Credit Union? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Valley Strong Credit Union employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits / 401k(in 8 reviews)
  • "The people I worked with are amazing and want you to grow within the company.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Many Great Opportunities to Progress Through Your Career

Oct 4, 2022 - Centralized Operations Servicing Specialist I in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You can work your way up with or without experience. - The company really does care for both the members and Team Members. - Great Benefits for Full-time positions. - Good Pay to start either part time or full time. - Can transfer to any of the branches.

Cons

- Depending on your methods of learning, you don't learn everything during training. You learn along the way.

2. 4.0

Great Place to Work at!

Jan 5, 2023 - Senior Msr
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, flexible with schedule, great benefits

Cons

Pay could be more and their's lack of training

3. Join the Valley Strong Credit Union team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Fix it before it breaks

Jan 1, 2023 - Undisclosed for Privacy
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company loves their employees, designing programs to illustrate this across all levels. People with sustained tenure genuinely care for each other. Company compensates people very well. Not only do they care for the team, they care for members too.

Cons

Enterprise-wide modifications (overall performance program, dei and erg) are causing shifts that should be addressed earlier to avoid negatively affecting the enterprise.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Not as great as they appear

Nov 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits Good salary Good members to work with

Cons

High turnover/Low staffing Strict attendance not great for parents Micromanagement Poor training Senior team doesn’t address needs as expressed by staff

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 16, 2022 - Contact Center Officer in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly and fun place to work

Cons

I have no cons here

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great coworkers and benefits

Aug 19, 2022 - FSO II in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great, co workers were nice, business casual attire accepted. Jeans on Fridays and Saturdays. Christmas bonus, small, but at least it was something.

Cons

As an FSO you have to work Saturdays. Depending on the office you may have to work at a different branch from your home branch on weekends. When an employee in your department leaves they tend not to replace them, but rather disburse more work amongst those remaining. Not enough coverage when someone is out of office for vacation or sick. I had multiple times where I had to run the whole lending side as the only FSO the entire day and had to take lunch at 2pm or later when someone could come from another branch to cover my 1hr lunch.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Work Life Balance Poor Management

Sep 2, 2022 - IT Support in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and people are friendly.

Cons

Poor management and the IT department lack skills in todays technological space.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

An excellent place to work

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Valley Strong is an incredible place to work. I have never felt more valued and supported in my employment and progression. Leaders have always been approachable and friendly. I'm proud to work here!

Cons

I honestly have no cons.

10. 5.0

Core Values

Jun 13, 2022 - Branch Service Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company truly cares about its teams and members, and embraces its core values/roots.

Cons

Depending on the position, pay can be on the lower side and sometimes difficult to negotiate. However, there are plenty of opportunities for promotions and bonuses.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

May 31, 2022 - Organizational Development Officer in Bakersfield, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking for a company that knows how to treat it's employees fairly and provides opportunities for those that are seeking them then come work for Valley Strong

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews
</>Embed

Valley Strong Credit Union Reviews FAQs

Valley Strong Credit Union has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 55 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Valley Strong Credit Union to a friend and 87% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Valley Strong Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Valley Strong Credit Union. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

85% of Valley Strong Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Valley Strong Credit Union 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Valley Strong Credit Union to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Valley Strong Credit Union Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Valley Strong Credit Union? Share Your Experiences

Valley Strong Credit Union logo

Reviews by Job Title

Valley Strong Credit Union Photos

+ Add Photo
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: A piece of the puzzle - Our teams like to have fun and destress through the act of team puzzle building.
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: We love giving back to the communities that we serve.
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: We are honored to have been named Community Partner of the Year by the Greater Bakersfield Chamber Awards
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: Our COO 'embracing the fun' at our ribbon cutting ceremony
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: Porterville Ribbon Cutting
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: National Wear Red Day 2022
Valley Strong Credit Union photo of: Our Team supports local Chamber of Commerce Young Leading Professionals Mixers and Events

Expert Career Advice

AltaOne Federal Credit Union Logo
AltaOne Federal Credit Union

3.9

Compare

Glassdoor has 55 Valley Strong Credit Union reviews submitted anonymously by Valley Strong Credit Union employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Valley Strong Credit Union is right for you.