Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "One of the best outpatient facilities in NJ."

Current Employee - Rehab Aide in Linden, NJ
    Current Employee - Rehab Aide in Linden, NJ

I have been working at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The therapist that work here are excellent. They can accommodate a wide range of different patient populations. The facility is state of the art.

Cons

There isn't much room for career growth. The salary doesn't really satisfy the demand of work. The hours are long.

2. "Therapist"

I have been working at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Resume Booster, good learning experience, a few good employees

Cons

Terrible management, terrible communication, treat you like a number not a person, you will have no life outside of Kessler, treated terribly with no time off, underserved,under appreciated, and under staffed... always...

3. "CNA"

Former Employee - CNA/Unit Secretary in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - CNA/Unit Secretary in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love working with the elderly and makung a difference

Cons

No team work with each other most of the times but overall was good though

5. "The best company"

Current Employee - Office Administrator
    Current Employee - Office Administrator

I have been working at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love working here. I left 10 years to move out of state. When I moved back I went right back to Kessler.

Cons

Weekend hours at outpatient satellites would be great.

Advice to Management

See con's. Patients would love weekend hours.

6. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Pros

Great staff, talented therapists, clean, organized

Cons

Communicating with some of the staff was sometimes difficult

7. "This place is only getting worse"

Current Employee - Support Staff in West Orange, NJ
    Current Employee - Support Staff in West Orange, NJ

I have been working at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

90% of your co-workers will be really good people. They will be the only thing keeping you from jumping off a cliff.

Cons

TERRIBLE management. New managers and directors are running employee morale to the ground. People are quitting left and right. The pay is LOW. No chance for advancement. If you're a minority ,management will treat you like an incompetent child. If you work in house keeping or are an aide and especially if you're a minority you are treated like "the help" 1920s style by racist managers (who are ALL white btw)

Advice to Management

Old managers were better. New management needs to be investigated

8. "Rewarding Experience"

Former Employee - Volunteer Yoga/Wellness Instructor in Lyndhurst, NJ
    Former Employee - Volunteer Yoga/Wellness Instructor in Lyndhurst, NJ

I worked at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a volunteer position so I did not have a supervisor to answer to, but the young lady in charge was extremely warm and helpful. I taught Chair Yoga and meditation/relaxation techniques to individuals with brain injuries and their families/care givers. Interacting with and getting to know these people was the best part of the job for me. It was very humbling and made me feel grateful for all that I have. I thought I was providing something special for the patients, when in truth they gave me so much more.

Cons

Some patients were difficult to manage and sometimes only a handful of patients would attend the session. Also, there were times I went home feeling a bit sad because some of the injuries were severe and their stories were often heartbreaking. I left wishing I could offer them more.

Advice to Management

Since it was volunteer work I really did not deal with Management much, but maybe they could promote these types of programs more and encourage the patients and their families to attend.

9. "Pt aide"

I worked at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange full-time

Pros

exposure to the most complicated injuries

Cons

treat way too many patients in each slot

Advice to Management

be more realistic in how well you can treat so many patients at one time

"Highly stressful!!!"

Pros

Benefits, co workers, and you meet a lot of new people

Cons

They lied about EVERYTHING. Overworked and underpaid everyday was a new surprise. They micromanage everything you do. Outdated systems and lots of tedious paperwork

Advice to Management

Explain the position in depth so there won't be unexpected suprises

11. "Office administration"

Former Employee - Office Administration
    Former Employee - Office Administration

I worked at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation - West Orange full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The patients you get to meet and the changes you see when they begin to get better.

Cons

Long days 12/13 hrs, micromanagement, no respect, always beaten down, no appreciation, no paid holidays, benefits are horrible, "half hour lunch break" you never get but have to clock out for, under staffed, consistent hate emails on how your not doing your job right.

Advice to Management

This whole company needs to be revamped from top to bottom. The higher ups in the company treat the people below them as if they are a number. No one cares about you and how hard you work. The pay is no where near what is deserved for the job you do. They constantly lie about everything. The job posting is the most deceiving thing ever making it seem like it's a easy receptionist position. No one ever stays and there is no staff. It's a pathetic horrible feeling stressful and will literally make you feel beat down and as though your crazy.