Kestler Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kestler Financial Group CEO Jason Kestler
Jason Kestler

1. "Great People, Process & Products"

Former Employee - Marketer in Leesburg, VA
    Former Employee - Marketer in Leesburg, VA

I worked at Kestler Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, leadership is strong and fantastic colleagues to spend time with in and outside of the office.

Cons

Some middle managers that may no longer be needed.

2. "Get a Life"

Current Employee - Sales in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Tom and Jason do an amazing job in providing a safe, comfortable and fun work environment. Those who do their job well are recognized and rewarded. The office location is convenient and close to many amenities.

Cons

It's disappointing to see employees who have been let go for NOT doing their job attack the company. They should look in the mirror and perhaps they will be able to keep their next job.

"Keep looking"

Pros

Fair growth potential at best for the industry

Cons

Welcome Home is a great tagline

"Been here a long time, worth the ride"

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I've been with Kestler for years, and they've come a long way! In the past few years, they've started hiring seasoned and skilled employees from the industry, which has made a huge difference. A lot of smart people and positive energy in this office. They've recently invested in a new marketing/design department, which is something we've been asking for. And a new 401k match program! Just a few examples of some great improvements.

Cons

Our business is growing really fast, so we need to hire more staff to keep the pace. But I know it's something they are working on.

6. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President Operations
    Current Employee - Vice President Operations

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been working here for over five years, and have loved every minute of it. The CEO and leadership team have this company strategically positioned to take full advantage of a rapidly changing market place. The opportunity for growth (personal & business) is endless around here.

Our culture is one that is healthy, fun and productive. Employee feedback and ideas are welcomed, and critical to the long term success of our company. As an example, each quarter - employee staff members and Senior Management meet to discuss what is working well, and what is not working well. Life work balance, personal growth opportunities, etc... This all designed to make our culture and working atmosphere more collaborative, productive and fun. Many ideas and suggestions from staff members have been implemented with outstanding results.

We are in the financial services business, which means we're in a very emotional business. Needless to say, people are very emotional about their money, and rightfully so.
    It's takes a special and committed employee to understand this dynamic. We have a boat load of these wonderful employees. Through thoughtful and considerate conversations , we are positively impacting the long term financial health of people. How cool that !!

Cons

Not a con, but with strong and ongoing growth comes the opportunity to exam process and procedures. Always on the look out for ways to become more effective and efficient.

Advice to Management

Continue to share your and articulate your vision. It's a fast moving business climate.

7. "Culture Shift"

Pros

I just heard about Glass Door. In reviewing prior comments by current and former employees, It's obvious that some negative reviews were from employees who were let go due to poor attitudes or poor job performance. I've been here long enough to recognize that people who do their job well are protected and rewarded.

No one will ever admit that they were asked to leave because they had a bad attitude or work ethic. It's easier to blame it on someone else.

Cons

I can't think of any. As with any group of people there are sometimes disagreements or personality conflicts. But management goes out of their way to make sure everyone is treated fairly.

8. "If you want an honest review, read this"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

KFG is truly a great place to work. It's a bustling environment filled with positive energy and encouragement. Personally, my job in the marketing department has grown to more than I expected. It's a job where there are no limits to your success. I've steadily grown my salary over the years, sometimes by giant leaps. It's a place where you control your own career path but with the support of a team.

Cons

At this time I have no cons. I love my job and I don't know many people who can say that. I see other negative reviews, but I know EVERYONE in our office and I know we are all happy with our jobs.

9. "I don't understand the negative reviews?"

Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Internal Wholesaler in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been at here for two years and have more than doubled my salary. Where else could I have done that? In my two years only one person has been fired; and rightfully so. The culture is awesome and the people are even better. Business is currently very good! My sales are up over 50% of last years.

Cons

I really don't have any. I'd just say keep the distractions away. Because I am so businy I could use some additional back-up support.

Advice to Management

Thanks for the opportunity and time invested in me. I am ready to help you take this company to the next level.

10. "Outstanding Place to Work!!!"

Pros

Kestler Financial group is an awesome place to work. You can truly be yourself in a relaxed, upbeat environment. We work hard here and play hard as well. If working hard to reach your full potential is difficult for you, then this is not the place for you. For the past 4+ years we have constantly evolved and improved in areas where there was an opportunity. We are still mindful of the need to improve and do so in a logical, systematic manner.

Cons

Everyone doesn't have the servants heart and are as customer focused as us. Therefore, it's difficult to communicate how important it is to put the customers needs first before all else. internally, we get it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"breath of fresh air"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

I have been working at Kestler Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Kestler long enough now to have a well-rounded perspective of the company. I have had a decent amount of work experience, and this is the most unique company I have ever worked for. They really have a "chemistry" about them, which comes from the quality of the staff. They take their hiring process very seriously and you go through a probationary period to make sure you fit their culture, goals and expectations. This process helps to ensure the harmony of the office which I think is very important. I can say my last company was full of lazy, negative, complaining,"bare-minimum" types who basically sucked the life out me. Kestler FG was a breath of fresh air.

Though there has been some turnover, not all has been with the older employees. My perception is that they expect the best out of you, and if you don't give your best, they will find someone who will. No matter your age. You have to stay hungry there. Be willing to step outside your comfort zone and learn things on your own. I think some of the older employees may have become complacent in their duties. And they don't just get rid of you with no warning - you are given notice of your performance. They are very open and upfront. They don't micro-manage, which I appreciate. You have to be the type to be able to work and grow independently as well as with the resources they provide.

I welcome the challenge because you are surrounded by positive and motivating people who want to succeed. The culture is very forward-thinking, upbeat and hardworking. Work hard, play hard. We have a lot of fun! I have seen some of the reviews that speak ill of the CEO. I don't know his financial situation in detail, but he is the CEO and, yes, of course, does very well. But my impression of him has not been that he is greedy at all. He is very generous, as well as a fantastic person in general. He has been through humble times but now enjoys his success - nothing wrong with that. Easy to talk to and would help me in any way I think I would need him to.

Maybe when the company went through hard times, there were some setbacks and layoffs. Happens to the best of them.

Cons

It is a VERY SMALL company, so you do have to "fit in" to enjoy your day-to-day life there. I know I could make more money elsewhere, mainly because they are so small and have to run as lean as possible.

Advice to Management

Most of the focus is on those who actually "sell." It would be nice to see some time, planning and training put into other roles there.