Keter Environmental Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 26 reviews

2.8
Keter Environmental Services CEO Steven Schlussel
Steven Schlussel

"Great people at all levels of the company!"

I have been working at Keter Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Great people at all levels of the company. There are amazing opportunities for learning and career growth. The company’s mission which encourages empowerment resonates with me. Our values which stress humility and passion for what we do are also easy to rally behind. There are new challenges each and every day and the organization encourages collaboration to create efficiencies and to find solutions.

Cons

We have grown fast and communication has not always been strong. Leadership has focused on its communication, and I have noticed significant improvement.

Keter Environmental Services2018-08-24

"Nothing but favoritism"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Keter Environmental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good location, but moving eventually - Many nice co-workers - Some really really great managers, some of which are gone

Cons

Executives make favorites and those people get everything they want and get held accountable for nothing. Underqualified and manipulative people (eh, lets say 1 or 2) get promoted and management is blind to how much work the people under them or in the same position as them do. The mentality seemed to me to be very “with us or against us” and I think that those who tried to make change were fired or voluntary left... after having the positivity drained out of them. Multiple employees left after realizing they will never be able to make any positive change and felt like they weren’t included in things that they should be included in because the "favorite" people were allowed to exclude whoever they wanted with no repercussions. Many other issues, but this is what bothered me most.

Advice to Management

Stop letting one person ruin it for a bunch of others. You lose valuable people and years worth of knowledge from being blind to the damage that some peoples' attitudes and actions have on the company. You can do as much as you can to create a good culture, but people will always leave where there are uncontrolled, under-qualified, childish, conniving, toxic people who are basically given the power to do whatever... they want. SEE BEYOND THE EYEBALLS before other people do.

Keter Environmental Services2019-06-14

Keter Environmental Services Response

July 1, 2019V.P. of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that your experience with Keter was less than satisfactory, and we take your concerns very seriously. Our company is committed to promoting a welcoming and inclusive culture. In fact, culture is a strategic focus for Keter. We strive to ...

"Unprofessional and Frat House Mentality"

Former Employee - Accountant in Stamford, CT

I worked at Keter Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Nice luncheons. That is it.

Cons

Management was terrible. The communication was non-existent and they would spend money to hire people and then refuse to pay on contracts.

Keter Environmental Services2019-03-15

"Empowering business mission, solid place to work"

I worked at Keter Environmental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worthy and empowering business mission, pay, good benefits, talented people throughout organization, engaging coworkers

Cons

Growing pains, confusing directives at times, priorities can shift relentlessly

Advice to Management

Upper management does care what employees think and they want to build a thriving atmosphere. Their reactions to surveys in my time there reflect that. However, with every fledgling company there are growing pains and challenges. But overcoming growing pains and challenges with dynamic solutions are what can make a company great. Believe in your people and your mission and Keter is poised just to do that.

Keter Environmental Services2018-07-19

"Understand the culture and atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Keter Environmental Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I do not have an ax to grind — I willingly left Keter after many years and having seen tremendous growth in such a short time. I served in multiple functions — whatever they asked, I did. There are many pros, such as: location, co-workers (what’s left of them), office recycling, autonomy, and paid parking.

Cons

Lack of career advancement. Huge disconnect between upper management and employees. No honesty. Lack of empathy. Not a team effort.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees. Appreciate them. Reward them. Treat them how you would like to be treated. It’s rudimentary advice, but also a tried-and-true method I highly recommend.

Keter Environmental Services2018-07-10

"Heed 1 & 2 Star Ratings/Reviews, Sincerely Long Term Employee"

I have been working at Keter Environmental Services full-time

Pros

Office location, south downtown. Paid parking. Benefits, the norm. Being Regional Manager or Remote not having to deal with daily circus of office

Cons

Advancement: If you are willing to put in 11-12 hour days , stroke egos and divulge co-workers ideas(management likes the entrepreneur spirit) to management. Eliminating a work/life balance. Communication: Comes only after employees confront managers or complain. When communication comes to the forefront of employee surveys or due to complaints, management then tries to have weekly or monthly communication and it... becomes awkward as they do not really know what to communicate. Teamwork: Not possible. C-Suite has 5 people from different areas working on pieces of something or investigating a new process. None of the 5 know each other is working, when discovered it produces fear and competition among employees. Inexperienced COO and some VP's creates an inefficient workplace. Actions are not always done based on business merit and credit is not always given to correct area. Tendency to promise employees positions filled by current employees. Environmentally Conscience: No, not practiced internally so they do not practice what they preach. I decided to finally place a review due to all the ones I have seen recently. The negative ones tend to be true. Some truth to the positive ones as well but most positive ones have been highly encouraged by c-suite to place. They have allowed some great people to walk out the door because to them it is not possible to care about the employee or what they have given. Everyone is always worried they will get let go simply because upper-management does not like them on a given day. To put in perspective the company started in 2011 but really took hold in 2013, so young company.

Advice to Management

You ask for loyalty and integrity from your employees, show this in return to the ones giving. You have created a cut throat employee against employee atmosphere and this comes from the top down. You are messing with people’s lives not just careers with knee jerk reactions. Do not be so eager to believe and follow the new advice because you remove your checks and balances upon doing so.

Keter Environmental Services2018-06-23

"Toxic"

Former Employee - Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Keter Environmental Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paid Parking, Location is cool, Benefits are not too bad. First tier leads and managers

Cons

Inexperienced COO, and some VP's. Decisions made from emotional standpoint at times. Change direction and policy on a whim or an outcome of prior situation. Expect long hours with no resolution of project. Communication, competitive high school level environment, core values are a joke

Advice to Management

Humble yourselves. You started out great but have lost sight and become greedy. You have damaged a lot of lives with games you play.

Keter Environmental Services2018-06-21

"Great people and mission"

Current Employee - Operations in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Keter Environmental Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for a company that’s focused on helping both the environment and their customers is rewarding. I also enjoy having the autonomy to do what’s needed to get the job done. They have a unique office space in downtown Indy which is a nice perk also.

Cons

The office space is cool but it’s starting to get a little tight. I hear they’re looking for new office space and I hope they can figure that out.

Advice to Management

It’s working, keep doing what you’re doing.

Keter Environmental Services2018-03-29

"High growth company with great people and great opportunities"

Current Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Keter Environmental Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the entrepreneurial spirit here. There are many opportunities with how quickly Keter is growing, and individuals are given the chance to make an impact in their role. It's really cool to be part of a company that is making a positive environmental impact by focusing on increased recycling and program efficiency with clients. Managers are very committed to and empower their direct reports. Executives are... accessible and want to hear ideas from any level; they keep everyone informed about company direction. Everyone is bonus eligible, and Keter rewards the hard work they expect of everyone. There are fun perks, like internal company competitions with prizes, weekly fruit delivery, surprise free lunches for the whole company, and company-sponsored social outings. Pay, health benefits and 401K matching are generous.

Cons

Keter tends to hire at a slower rate than its current growth trajectory, which causes high workloads at times until the new hires are fully trained. Some processes and structure aren't fully defined yet. Working from home is totally frowned upon. Sometimes promises given to clients create "all hands on deck" situations to meet them. This would only be a con if you are expecting to skate along in an easy job, but... Keter won't keep you around if you are mediocre or aren't performing to expectations after being given a few chances to improve.

Advice to Management

Hire more proactively, knowing that we will need the additional people sooner rather than later.

Keter Environmental Services2018-03-02

"RM"

Pros

Pay competitive Management is helpful Strong support net in corporate

Cons

Workload can swing from 0-60 in no time

Keter Environmental Services2017-09-03