Kewill Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Douglas Braun

Pros
  • Good for Freshers as they pay Descent for Freshers initially (in 3 reviews)

• you get to learn a lot here and make good contacts in the industry of supply chain and logistics (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Work pressure, don't expect work life balance, they will fire the employees frequently, dont give time to analyse the issues (in 4 reviews)

• No recognition/rewards from management for the people who are doing very good and hard work (in 5 reviews)

"Dance for Prizes instead of raises"

I have been working at Kewill full-time

Pros

No pros at this time.

Cons

Expected to be available 24-7, especially when in customer facing positions. No raises but more than happy to offer you a prize if you are included in a company dance video. Trying to act like a Google corporate culture but FAR FROM IT.

Advice to Management

Freely allow transferring between the many "companies" that you really are. Stop hiring your "boy's club" - getting a little too incestuous at the upper level of management.

2. "Was great, hopeful future"

I worked at Kewill full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very flexible in work hours and working from home
    - Most of the company is dedicated, hard-working people that want to make a difference
    - Good local office communities
    - Solid Benefits

Cons

- Can overwork employees
    - Management changes happen quickly, but don't have replacements for long periods of time

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what your employees are actually doing so you can see how many go above and beyond their typical duties to make sure the engine keeps running and you'll go a lot further.

3. "Program Manager"

Pros

Company is going through a big transition now but if management continues to be transparent, it will be worth it in the long run. Great co-workers and environment.

Cons

Top heavy. Great to be hiring well know experts but still need to focus on more worker bees to actually do the work.

Advice to Management

Remember the strength of your company is your employees. Even those that have been there for 10+ years. The knowledge lost once they are gone is irreplaceable.

"Advisory Software Engineer"

I worked at Kewill (More than a year)

Pros

Arrived at Kewill via a divestment from a large IT organization of an engineering team supporting a large Saas application. The group was pretty much left to continue on in the same fashion it had been operating, using Agile methodologies, on the path to a continuous development process.

Salaries were good, but probably due to the result of prior ownership. Kewill was extremely fair in making up for differences in compensation package due to differences between prior and new ownership.

Cons

About a year into tenure at Kewill, the company decided to not build out a development office when temporary space lease with prior ownership ended.

Kewill decided to convert everyone to a Work From Home (WFH) arrangement. Unfortunately, with this change, most collaboration slowly ground to a halt, and productivity of the team suffered. We were not putting out the same quantity and quality of releases prior to being separated from each other.

In late 2015, the venture partners made a change to the top level management group. The new management group does not seem to understand Saas, and that there is more to a Saas product that just building the software, including hosting, customer satisfaction, and service to the customer.

The focus of new management is to simply increase profitability at all costs. To this end, they acquired a competing product to the one I was involved in. Shortly after that deal closed, they laid off over half of the engineering team that was supporting our Saas product (and over 75% of the development team).

There is a general lack of understanding the Software as a Service (Saas) model. Unfortunately, the competing product acquisition is also a Saas solution...., perhaps they will have a better track record.

I've heard from the survivors of our resource adjustment that there is major unrest in the customer community, and continue to have to field requests to add capabilities and features to the product, but are unable to do so due to the severe lack of resources.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn what a Saas solution means in terms of customer service. What they did to the product that I worked on hurt the customers far more than what it did to the group of highly skilled professional people who have now been scattered to the wind.

The group we had was extremely talented, and capably of many things well beyond what we were directly tasked with. Had they taken the time to get to know the group, and the talent that they had on hand, they might have made different decisions on the resource actions. Unfortunately, they made a choice based upon $$ only, and what was easy to accomplish.

I feel bad for those left there, as they have been put in a terribly difficult situation, having to support a customer base with an extremely depleted set of resources.

6. "Kewill in flux."

I worked at Kewill full-time

Pros

Kewill has acquired Lean Logistics, making it a larger and more formidable company.

Cons

The risk of overlapping roles and responsibilities between the two companies.

Advice to Management

Transparency with employees and clients is the key to success.

7. "Ok"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kewill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for freshers.
    On time salary

Cons

Work culture
    No work life balance

"Watch out for changing product strategies"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Credit River, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Credit River, MN

Pros

I worked with a great group of highly knowledgeable people. We had a very successful software product used by over 100 customers with nearly a 100% retention rate.

Cons

Management bought a company with a competing product, then within three weeks decided to lay off nearly everyone maintaining the existing product. This is coming as a surprise to existing customers because there's no plan or path for onboarding them onto the new system. One customer, a car manufacturer, may not be able to convert at all because the competing product doesn't have the capabilities they need.

Advice to Management

Think carefully about making product decisions, especially if existing customers will be affected negatively. (Or employees, come to think of it.) I noticed that the newly acquired company with a competing product is hiring people just after I got laid off from working on the current product, which is a real kick in the teeth.

"Manager"

I worked at Kewill full-time

Pros

opportunity to help customers solve complex problems, slow but sure improvement in products

Cons

company has been in a state of change for and needs to continue changing for some time to come

Advice to Management

good programs started by former management, hopefully new management can continue

"CEO"

Current Employee - Management in Chelmsford, MA
    Current Employee - Management in Chelmsford, MA

I have been working at Kewill full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CEO Bob Farrell FINALLY fired. All he did was travel and surround himself with his loyal friends. No communication at all to troupes

Cons

Development back in India. Frequently changing strategy. Poor acquisitions and worse efforts to integrate products and cultures. Weak sales will cause Franciscan Partners to dump this place. All domain knowledge lost by hiring friends.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

"not so great"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Kewill full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees that I interacted with were all very nice people trying to make things work in a difficult environment.

Cons

They sacrifice long term health and viability for short term improvements to the balance sheet. My team was acquired by Kewill in 2014. We were already understaffed but they started making cuts within 9 months. They also closed our office and made everyone work from home.

Advice to Management

Virtualizing the entire company hurts communication, collaboration and isolates people. If you want people to be their best, they need to be together in the same place with frequent face to face communication.