Key Risk Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Robert W. Standen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Key Risk Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Key Risk really cares about the associates, our community, and providing opportunities for professional growth. Our culture is one of the best aspects of Key Risk. We work hard, have fun, and work with good people. It's a place for people who care about their work results, career, and being accountable.

Cons

Nothing but great things here!

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your associates who have good ideas and providing opportunities to learn.

2. "Great experience"

I have been working at Key Risk Management Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team / positive environment

Cons

Have not found one yet

3. "LP rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Pros

good supervisor and easy schedule

Cons

no room for advancement form this position

4. "Key Risk is the Best Employer"

Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Key Risk Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working six (6) other insurance companies/TPA's over the past 21 years, I truly found the best one. Key Risk values experienced hard-working employees and always leaves those employees alone to perform their jobs. The management at Key Risk is always available for input and guidance and happily offer same when requested. I currently work in the litigation unit for the City of Baltimore account, so there is only one set of service instructions and one risk manager. The service instructions are very reasonable, and the risk manager is a pleasure. Turnover has been an issues at each of my prior six (6) employers, but I am still one of the newest employee after two (2) years, which is truly amazing,

Instead of having a matching 401K as some employers do, Key Risk contributes at least 5% yearly in a profit share 401K account dependent on the company's performance. The profit share amount in 2015 was 12%! The health/dental insurance company is in line with other companies and better than the last I worked. There are 3 weeks of vacation. Coming to the company two years ago, there was an initial concern about parking, There are numerous parking garages in a short walking distance, and Key Risk gives each employee $135.00 monthly to put towards parking. The lot in which I park is one block away and costs $135.00, so this is a wash. Key Risk allows all employees to set their own hours ranging from 6:00 - 2:30 to 10:00 - 6:30. Working a shift from 7:00 - 3:30, I am able to avoid most traffic.

Cons

In the two (2) years I have worked at Key Risk, I have yet to discover a con.

Advice to Management

My advise to Key Risk is to keep doing what they are doing to continue retaining its best employees.

"Stay. Far. Away."

I worked at Key Risk Management Services full-time

Pros

I agree with another post--the only positive thing here is that some of the non-management people here are genuinely wonderful; unfortunately, I can't say the same for most of the managers, or most people in supposed "control" of things here, or HR, or anyone who has power to decide how much you get paid.

Cons

If you want a place that crushes your creativity, constantly seeks to brainwash you with corporate kool-aid, makes your work week resemble nothing about your job description, and sucks the soul out of you—this is the place for you! This place is full of negativity because so many people hate their jobs (not that I blame anyone), yet the upper management continues to act as if everything is bright and peachy. It’s constant talk of how great Key Risk is doing, while in reality, they push through their agenda no matter what.

People keep leaving, but they refuse to wake up. They push through new systems without knowing anything about them, and of course, it leads to chaos—but hey, it doesn’t matter as long as a deadline is met on a piece of paper, and the people in charge can act like they finally did something—when in reality, it’s a handful of harder workers keeping the company afloat—that is, until they leave because they get better, higher paying jobs elsewhere.

It’s a wonder how most of the managers know how to drive every day, let alone how the heck they got into the positions they did. Maybe reality will hit them when the company collapses from everyone who knows what they’re doing getting the heck out of dodge. Most of them have no idea what the people under them do, or what their true roles should be.

As someone else here alluded, the IT department is the worst I’ve ever seen. Don’t expect
    them to ever do anything useful for you; in fact expect the opposite—they continuously mess things up, and their knowledge of technology is about on par with a second grader. One thing that rivals their worthlessness is the HR department—which lives in the stone ages, except that’s probably an insult to cave men because at least they knew how to survive, unlike the HR area here, which seems to want to destroy the company.

The “benefits” they purport are atrocious; to say the salaries are laughable is an understatement—and don’t expect to get much of a raise unless you plead for months. If you want to get paid what you’re worth—do not come here. If you want to move up in the world—do not come here. If you want to get real rewards for hard work—do not come here.

All in all, stay away!

Advice to Management

Go back to college and learn about the world--we live in the year 2016, not 1916. Also, learn how to actually manage--usually that means having some inkling of what the people you're managing actually do--or better yet, what they're supposed to do according to the job descriptions they signed on for.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

I worked at Key Risk Management Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits used to be pretty solid. Profit sharing bonuses were nice. The CEO in place before Robert Standen took over actually cared for KRMS employees.

Cons

CEO is aloof and has gutted anything good about working for this company. Managers should be retitled Micro-managers. Benefits have been stripped to nothing special. Look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Learn the difference between being a leader and being a boss. Improve the culture and, by proxy, the morale of your emplyeees. If that fails, quit your job.

"Employee beware"

I have been working at Key Risk Management Services full-time

Pros

The non management personnel are some of the most caring people I have ever worked with. Salary isn't bad but get what you can when you start as annual raises are almost insulting especially with what management is asking employees to do for it.

Cons

While they made the list of the best places to work in the insurance industry it was at the bottom of the segments they were rated in. And it seems to be that anyone by participating was automatically named to the

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Live your culture statement. Create a team environment not a destructive environment. Especially the employees that are willing to speak to you in a professional manner.

"Bad Place To Work"

Pros

There are no pros to working here

Cons

Micromanagement, hostile work environment, low pay

"Fiction tales"

I have been working at Key Risk Management Services full-time

Pros

Small to medium company backed by WR Berkley company

Cons

During the interview process they make it appear to be very open environment, team oriented; however, once you get in they slate you for failure. Always wants more rate with higher pricing no matter how good the performance of the account. Never promotes from administration pool up. Ran very thin, work loads are enormous and pay scale is the lowest.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees. Value the employees and their desires to learn more and move up the ladder.

"Claims Examiner"

Current Employee - Claims Examiner
    Current Employee - Claims Examiner

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here. Management is ineffectual and negligent. No support whatsoever.

Cons

Horrible environment and this is why claim staff walked out.

Advice to Management

You have once again maimed the clients. No wonder they are miserable with your service.