KeyBank "sales goals" Reviews | Glassdoor

KeyBank Employee Reviews about "sales goals"

Updated Nov 15, 2019

3.4
KeyBank CEO Beth E. Mooney
Beth E. Mooney
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management will comment on maintaining work life balance but be prepared to do far more work than living if you want any attempt to be recognized(in 50 reviews)

• "Hitting sales goals and always being hounded got old(in 38 reviews)

Reviews about "sales goals"

Return to all Reviews

"Good compnay overall. Pay is decent."

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Denver, CO

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sales goals not excessive. Employee match 401k up to 6% of salary. Health benefits ok not great. Promotion opportunities are there with good performance.

Cons

Upper management seems to care more about production numbers than the actual people that work for them. The good thing is that the sales goals are pretty attainable.

KeyBank2017-08-05
  2. "Decent job, but high stress"

Former Employee - Lead Teller

I worked at KeyBank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoyed the team I worked with. The customers were awesome! Decent pay but getting time off was hard. They made you feel guilty for needing a day off. Pretty good benefits too.

Cons

Management and the ability to use your time off was a struggle. Hitting sales goals and always being hounded got old.

KeyBank2019-11-15
  3. "Good Benefits for Part-Time Employees but Too Much of their Retail Employees"

Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at KeyBank part-time for less than a year

Pros

-They offer insurance benefits to Part-Time employees that work over a certain set of hours. -The employees that I worked with were very nice and helpful. -Everyone helps each other. -The company gave fairly helpful training.

Cons

-Clients can be very nasty and put a lot of stress on all retail employees. -Have to work every other Saturday. -Corporate Management have unrealistic expectations on their retail employees. -There are way too many tasks given to bank tellers, one task isn't too much but all together it is very stressful, ie. sales goals, strict regulations to follow, customer service expectations.

KeyBank2019-07-22
  4. "Fine"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at KeyBank part-time for more than a year

Pros

Management works with my schedule, clientele nice to work with

Cons

Very high sales goals, cutting staff hours makes the job stressful and hard to complete tasks

KeyBank2019-03-17
  5. "Good so far"

Current Employee - Float Teller in Columbus, OH

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very positive environment, great training experience

Cons

Lots of sales goals to hit

KeyBank2019-02-03

"Personal Banker"

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Aurora, CO

I worked at KeyBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO. 401K match (to be vested you need to stay with the company for over 3 years, most employees leave within their first year). Pay for a banker role is higher than most banks (reasons are below).

Cons

Management is very incompetent and is only concerned with hitting their sales goals. Prehistoric systems that are constantly crashing, which makes doing your job extremely irritating. Sales calls with upper management 4 days a week and micromanaging branch managers reviewing your production numbers throughout the day. "Boiler Room" mentality. Lack of career opportunities as most openings are either for a teller or a... banker role. Taking time off is challenging due to the fact that branches are always short-staffed. Turning into what Wells Fargo used to be prior to the lawsuits, and is getting only worse.

Advice to Management

Offer career growth opportunities, provide training and support to new employees. Realize that the new "Financial Wellness" model is very intrusive into customer's privacy and most bankers do not agree with it. Reduce weekly one-on-one's to monthly. Hire professional employees instead of temporarily filling staffing gaps. Work on reducing constant turnover.

KeyBank2019-01-07
  7. "Decent Job"

I worked at KeyBank part-time

Pros

Lots of paid holidays off.

Cons

Very little incentive to achieve sales goals.

KeyBank2018-08-04
  8. "Personal Banker"

I have been working at KeyBank full-time

Pros

Upstanding leadership team, strong culture, local feel with national scope

Cons

Retail banking with very sales goals oriented. Must cross-sell at every opportunity

KeyBank2018-05-20

"Key Bank"

Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at KeyBank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Make good friends with your fellow tellers at the branch

Cons

Have to deal with angry and argumentative customers. Lots of rude customers. Sales goals are tricky and they're even harder if you are the window teller. Senior level management was awful, had no idea how to answer any of your questions but would always tell you in meetings "you can come to me and ask me anything any time". but when you did ask something they would say "well have you looked for the answer yourself... yet? I can't answer everything for you"... can't believe they keep their jobs to be honest, they are terrible at it. lots of talking behind backs and scheming and manipulating. just not very nice management to work with, especially the higher management that are over multiple branches.

KeyBank2017-05-03

"Stressfull"

I have been working at KeyBank full-time

Pros

Great co-workers and love my job. I truly enjoy helping people manage their money and build wealth.

Cons

Poor training and incredibly high sales goals. Cumbersome systems to get my job done in a timely and efficient manner. VERY STRESSFUL

Advice to Management

Lead by example.

KeyBank2017-04-07