KeyLogic Systems, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jon Hammock

"Still a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

KeyLogic continues to grow and more and more opportunities are becoming available. The success of the company has only increased it's committment to the empoyees. After recently celebrating another anniversary with KeyLogic, I happy to be a part of the team.

Cons

Groth can be difficult, I hope we can continue to keep our culture in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Great company that has made it through several key hurdles and has emerged stronger"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

As many companies in the federal consulting business, KeyLogic has experienced several long award decision processes and has emerged successful and stronger than before. Over the past few years, the company has been recognized by peers and clients for outstanding/exceptional performance. Well deserved. The company is still really a small business and operates in a lean and agile manner. There have been several recent key leadership hires and those individuals will accelerate the growth and development of the company. Jon Hammock is a true American success story and is leading the company to even greater success and will attract additional "A-Team" hires. For those potential employees considering KeyLogic, I encourage you to take a serious look since you can make a significant positive impact and participate in the success of the company as it grows and supports a growing base of clients. Very strong client relationships. The company also still looks out for the interests of former employees and in this business, that is a very rare attribute. Although I departed the company, I (like many other former employees) will remain a fan of KeyLogic and Jon Hammock.

Cons

Comp is lower than DC based peers - especially if you functioned at the level of "senior manager" or above in a Big 4 or similar company.. The experience level of the staff had been somewhat limited to certain clients and solutions but that is changing. Current offerings are not unique in the market place but the company is improving this position. A few of the other company reviews mentioned that the stress of waiting for contact awards had caused some significant employee and corporate anxiety but that is not unique to KeyLogic. Simply put, KeyLogic has done an outstanding job leveraging "cons" into strengths.

Advice to Management

Recent contact awards are the enablers for great continued success. Continue to hire "A-team" leaders and staff and (to use a KeyLogic phrase) empower them. Think of differentiating solutions and services and own the IP. Continue to think big and lead big teams. KeyLogic is definitely on the path to greater success so continue to broadcast that message.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keylogic is a great place to work. The company culture/work environment is very good and management is great.

Cons

Hardware infrastructure is a little behind the times.

5. "Small Company"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to be around, good work ethic

Cons

Promised a job after internship but did not fulfill due to funding and did not communicate until the last week of internship.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep trying to make right for our government

"Great place to work for"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Morgantown, WV

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good supporting developers who understand how to get the job done.
    * A good team environment
    * Great benefits.
    * Remote when needed.
    * The owner is in the same building, and his door is open for discussions.
    * Friendly group of people all around..

Cons

* Some decisions on training. Not all training is needed for all employees.
    * Hardware infrastructure is beginning to age and becoming broken. Sometimes you have to knuckle down and pay for new hardware, else you end up with broken equipment that slows everyone down.
    * A certain stubbornness about allowing employees to become fully remote. Old school thinking of EVERYONE has to be in the office does not fly in the changing world and can cost the company employees that love working there but have other opportunities available.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to the changing world. If you fall behind as the company has in some areas, it can eventually undercut all of the companies success.

"Keylogic"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Management Consultant in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Management Consultant in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Top management is very responsive to employye needs
    Management is always accessable to all employees
    Repeat client business has made Keylogic consistently grow
    Creative and Innovative in approach to clients. Client is always first priority
    Company culture is excellent for the employee

Cons

Company is based in Morgantown and is part of the community
    Company works hard with employees and has quaterly meetings to retain the sense of family in the company.
    The only company that I have worked for, the CEO and CFO have met me and know me by name
    All comppany managers regardless of location stay connected to the Keylogic family
    Keylogic is the Morgantown, WV company that satifies the Washington, DC clients the best with the most repeat customers of companies I have seen

Advice to Management

I Hope in these tight budget times in the Washington, DC metropolitan area you will keep up the great work you do.

"Outstanding Entrepreneurial Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has experienced consistent growth since inception some 15 years ago. Very entrepreneurial environment fosters an innovation lab type of environment. Company is launched in the right direction and is attracting like-minded teaming partners and employees. Focus is on providing clients outstanding support, while nurturing staff and providing opportunities for growth. Very dynamic experienced CEO and leadership team. Very smart and collaborative consulting staff who are deftly supporting some of the largest federal agency clients on high-impact programs. Strong local community commitment.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-to-5, check off the boxes, go with the flow environment, then you could fit in here.. But, the company is in smart growth mode so personnel are asked to contribute ideas related to not just growth but a better working environment. So, shrinking violets may have a slight difficulty. There have been a few expected hiccups associated with growth as the company transitioned from a small business to a larger business but those are being aggressively addressed.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering the "can do" environment. In addition to continuing to harness and leverage the outstanding network the CEO has built/is building, leverage the overall ecosphere network of all employees. Constantly promote brand awareness in the business community.

"a Great company culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pitts, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pitts, PA

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They care about the quality of work, the customer, and the employee.
    And they invest the time to maintain a steady flow of improvement to our processes.
    Their concern for the employees is both genuine and very comprehensive.

Cons

None for me, truly. Maybe I don't have enough time in yet.

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Developer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Developer in Columbia, MD

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place! Really enjoyed working there.

Cons

None, thought it was a great place.

Advice to Management

None

"Miserable Place to Work"

Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Management Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The checks didn't bounce. Decent work\life balance, stemming from there not being a whole lot to do.

Cons

Where to start.

Senior Management is a group of absentee landlords. They are far more concerned with their handicap on the links than the performance, or lack there of, of their employees. This left a group of miserable and unqualified middle management that did nothing pass their misery along to their subordinates. I was unfortunately saddled with the worst one; a miserable bully, who enjoyed sending angry, insulting, and sometimes profane emails, berating employees over the smallest thing. I was actually admonished for an improperly placed comma in an 18 page procedural document. It was the type of abuse that one would normally report to human resources, if the company had a functioning human resources department.

The pace was also extremely slow, leaving you with stretching of nothing to do or being saddled with busy work. Being government contractors, the only goal was to bill hours to clients whether anything productive was being done or not. Our tax dollars at work.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on in your company.