KeyLogic Systems, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Former Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Intern in Morgantown, WV

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive atmosphere and knowledgable people

Cons

No obvious cons in my experience

"Excellent company with a big heart"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

KeyLogic really cares for it's employees and is constantly doing things for their employees. They are genuinely striving to create a tremendous company for their staff and their customers. I've never seen a company that communicates as much as they do to their staff. Management understands that happy and motivated employees leads to happy customers. They create a culture of doing the absolute best for their clients and don't just do what's expected but do the absolute best. This creates a refreshing and energizing environment for the staff. This is especially important to high performers. The company does have a very good compensation and recognition programs for good performers. key logic knows how to have a good time and celebrate. Best of all, this company has a big heart and is constantly doing things for the staff and has a significant philanthropic attitude and is always contributing and supporting local and national charities. I am proud to tell my friends and family I work for key logic.

Cons

the company's high expectations can sometimes create an environment that not all employees like. If you're expecting to come here and coast this isn't the company for you. But I think that is a good thing. we have all probably worked for companies that allowed a sub par culture to exist and allows low performance to become the norm.

Advice to Management

Keep the energy going and keep the focus on company culture which will continue to drive high customer satisfaction. Continue to keep advancing and developing the company. It has been wonderful to see the company continue to grow and expand its focus on employees and culture. Keep raising the bar on upper management like good hires in the last year in HR and cyber. These hires show the employees the company is planning for many years into the future.

"Still a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

KeyLogic continues to grow and more and more opportunities are becoming available. The success of the company has only increased it's committment to the empoyees. After recently celebrating another anniversary with KeyLogic, I happy to be a part of the team.

Cons

Groth can be difficult, I hope we can continue to keep our culture in place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Improve HR"

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great people
    Growing company
    Stable
    Work-life balance
    Interesting work being done

Cons

The Chief HR Officer was an absolutely horrible hire and he is not good for the culture. He is faking his way through doing any work and everyone knows it.

Advice to Management

Make good hires at the Sr. level because that trickles down to all the employees and affects everyone.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

KeyLogic is overall a great place to work. It's a small (but growing quickly) business, so you're still not a number- upper management knows you by name and you can have a normal conversation with them. Hard work is recognized and rewarded more than you would expect in peer companies. The company tries to maintain a family like atmosphere, and succeeds considering how many locations employees are located. In my particular position, work life balance is easy to maintain and respected (although I would caveat that by saying I think that is position specific- others don't seem to have as much work life balance).

Overall- you don't feel like just a number here, which is a big deal with the way other companies treat their employees. I would definitely recommend KeyLogic not just for a job but for a career.

Cons

Compensation and benefits struggle to keep up with peer companies. The cost and value of medical benefits have taken a nose dive in the past few years (to be fair- that's more the fault of the White House than KeyLogic).

Compensation, including annual raises, sometimes require negotiation to get a fair amount.

Vacation time offered is less than what is offered by other similar companies This is partially made up by the ability to use flex time and to save holidays, but I think in general KeyLogic needs to give employees across all experience levels 5-10 move PTO days to remain competitive.

It's hard to get the proper equipment to do the job right sometimes. Computers aren't up to par, network and email experience frequent problems.

Advice to Management

Stop assuming that KeyLogic doesn't need to enhance it's benefits offerings to remain competitive- you're not going to attract and retain the best if you don't step up.

Make performance evaluation process more transparent- it has never been apparent what correlation performance scores have to salary increases.

Upper management needs to leave their offices and interact with employees more often.

Invest in employees- give them the best equipment and training opportunities to get the job done.

Drop the reluctance to working remotely that is evident on some contracts.

"Great company that has made it through several key hurdles and has emerged stronger"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (More than a year)

Pros

As many companies in the federal consulting business, KeyLogic has experienced several long award decision processes and has emerged successful and stronger than before. Over the past few years, the company has been recognized by peers and clients for outstanding/exceptional performance. Well deserved. The company is still really a small business and operates in a lean and agile manner. There have been several recent key leadership hires and those individuals will accelerate the growth and development of the company. Jon Hammock is a true American success story and is leading the company to even greater success and will attract additional "A-Team" hires. For those potential employees considering KeyLogic, I encourage you to take a serious look since you can make a significant positive impact and participate in the success of the company as it grows and supports a growing base of clients. Very strong client relationships. The company also still looks out for the interests of former employees and in this business, that is a very rare attribute. Although I departed the company, I (like many other former employees) will remain a fan of KeyLogic and Jon Hammock.

Cons

Comp is lower than DC based peers - especially if you functioned at the level of "senior manager" or above in a Big 4 or similar company.. The experience level of the staff had been somewhat limited to certain clients and solutions but that is changing. Current offerings are not unique in the market place but the company is improving this position. A few of the other company reviews mentioned that the stress of waiting for contact awards had caused some significant employee and corporate anxiety but that is not unique to KeyLogic. Simply put, KeyLogic has done an outstanding job leveraging "cons" into strengths.

Advice to Management

Recent contact awards are the enablers for great continued success. Continue to hire "A-team" leaders and staff and (to use a KeyLogic phrase) empower them. Think of differentiating solutions and services and own the IP. Continue to think big and lead big teams. KeyLogic is definitely on the path to greater success so continue to broadcast that message.

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keylogic is a great place to work. The company culture/work environment is very good and management is great.

Cons

Hardware infrastructure is a little behind the times.

"Good Company"

Pros

Good culture, great place to work.

Cons

No cons to report here.

9. "Small Company"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to be around, good work ethic

Cons

Promised a job after internship but did not fulfill due to funding and did not communicate until the last week of internship.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep trying to make right for our government

"Great place to work for"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Morgantown, WV

I worked at KeyLogic Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Good supporting developers who understand how to get the job done.
    * A good team environment
    * Great benefits.
    * Remote when needed.
    * The owner is in the same building, and his door is open for discussions.
    * Friendly group of people all around..

Cons

* Some decisions on training. Not all training is needed for all employees.
    * Hardware infrastructure is beginning to age and becoming broken. Sometimes you have to knuckle down and pay for new hardware, else you end up with broken equipment that slows everyone down.
    * A certain stubbornness about allowing employees to become fully remote. Old school thinking of EVERYONE has to be in the office does not fly in the changing world and can cost the company employees that love working there but have other opportunities available.

Advice to Management

Continue to adapt to the changing world. If you fall behind as the company has in some areas, it can eventually undercut all of the companies success.