KeyStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

"Great Management Support"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KeyStaff is a growing company that outlines the steps for success at every level. this transparency allows employees in all roles the opportunity to know and understand the expectation and meet the guidelines in place to grow within the company. Being a smaller company the owners are available to reach out to for support.

Cons

Staffing is a challenging industry and it is a job that does not fit into the traditional 9-5. to be in staffing one has to be willing to work beyond those traditional hours to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job providing a platform for growth and success!

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Team, best Manager in my branch!

Cons

Recruiting process to on boarding the temps is detailed, must complete everything or you don't get your commission

Advice to Management

We are taken care of because our manager said you do the same thing to her!

3. "Great Company, Great Boss"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

I just wanted to thank you for my job. I never thought that I would be this successful at a sales job. When I took this job I had never done sales before. I am feeling more confident every day. Thanks for the raise and all your support. KeyStaff is my home and I am proud of it. I also love everyone on my team.

Cons

None that I can think of. I don't really like my commute, but it's worth it to commute in to a job that I love.

Advice to Management

Also thanks for pushing me to grow and get out there and go to those networking events. I appreciate you both and love you both very much.

Anyway, thanks, I never thought I would love my job so much!!

KeyStaff Response

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

Thank you so much! You're a huge asset to the company!

5. "Started off a job and now it is a career!"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff took me in with no experience and really taught me the staffing industry. I really have not come across anyone that I did not like at this company. They set clear metrics for you to meet from day one. The ones that do not meet the metric they agree upon are typically the ones that quit or get terminated. Having worked with many people that come from the staffing background are pleased with the metrics because they are often easier than any other agency they have worked for. Not just that, but have a better commission structure. They are the first small staffing agency to actually offer benefits that you would receive at most mid to larger size companies. I am confident once they grow even more, they will grow their benefits as well. If you do not want to work for a living and if you are not motivated by money and free vacations each year then this is definitely not the position for you.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. All the other small staffing agencies fail in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep reevaluating year after year and you will keep up and exceed the competition

6. "Branch Manager"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working here at KeyStaff because the owners are nice and supportive. Personally, they trust the Managers to make the decisions but of course you just have to make the good ones! My coworkers in Austin are great people. The sales and recruiting team are amazingly competitive and in a very healthy way. The money you get is what you worked for. So if you are a hard working one, you know you get more besides from your base pay. Sales has an uncapped commission. Recruiting has a clear path and levels on where to go and good % in commissions. KeyStaff is definitely growing and will continue to shine in the Staffing Industry.

Cons

If you are not detail oriented, and don't work hard, you can't work here.
    You don't want to see yourself failing.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust the good and excellent workers. Thank you!

7. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Contractor - Customer Service in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Customer Service in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company who truly cares and is compassionate about there employees.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this

Advice to Management

Keep up the good word and special kudos go out to Amy Clary for her continued help and amazing staff

"Excellent Company!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I would 100% recommend this agency to anyone looking for a career and help obtaining employment. I constantly recommend Keystaff to business owners and managers as alike. From the receptionist to the recruiters, I have seen nothing but respectable and professional people. I have worked with 2 other agencies and they do not compare to Keystaff. They are thorough and work very hard to place strong candidates. I appreciate the fact that they are looking to find the perfect match for their candidates and their customers. Do yourself a favor and give this company a try.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Recruiting/Sales"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Advice to Management

Thanks for hiring me!

10. "Working with Keystaff has been a good experience."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Work with many companies
    Multiple options
    Payment every week

Cons

Temp work
    Benefits could be better

"not bad, not great"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

Pros

I feel lucky to have been given the opportunity to gain so much experience, as you do EVERYTHING here (recruiting, sales, account mngt, even back office stuff like writing procedures and dealing with payroll/invoicing issues and resolving problems created years ago in the company's fledgling stages). The small company has a work hard play hard atmosphere, but more of the former.

Cons

There is very little recognition for a job well done. Commission is a joke at 2% of gross margin, and selling a large new account would result in so much more work that it would be nearly unmanageable. All recruiters in the company feel really maxed out at any given time. There is no desire to move up in the company as "branch manager" is the only step upward and the co-owners micromanage branch mngrs to death. With no benefits, no 401k, and no opportunity for upward mobility, anyone would be stupid to spend too much time working here towards nothing.

Advice to Management

A giftcard and a snide remark do not create feelings of recognition and appreciation. Set tangible goals, and stop saying "when you prove yourself of value to this organization we will reward you." That is ominous and devaluing. ESPECIALLY don't say: "if I could replace you with a robot I would." Thanks. Keep those thoughts to yourself.