KeyStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

"Recruiting/Sales"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff is great place to work! KeyStaff provides the right tools to be successful and allows growth within the company. I am fortunate to work for KeyStaff because I love to be independent and manage myself. If you truly have a great work ethic and can self-start. KeyStaff is the place for you.

Cons

If you have entitlement issues and do not work well with others, do not apply with KeyStaff.

Advice to Management

Thanks for hiring me!

"Awesome place to start a career in staffing!"

Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Keystaff offers a competitive salary and is a great place to start a career. They always reward a job well done and they are constantly recognizing members of the staff for their achievements. The owners are genuinely awesome people! They really care about their staff's well being. They even sent me on a cruise for excelling in my recruiting goals! What other company does that?!

Cons

This isn't really a con, but this company is growing really quickly, which means there is a lot of work to do! This definitely isn't a job for those without a solid work ethic.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing! KeyStaff has a lot to offer that other companies don't. It is also really awesome that you promote quickly and encourage your staff to take on new challenges. I appreciated that I never felt micromanaged while working here. Management really trusts their employees to make the best decisions for the company. KeyStaff was a lot of hard work, but there was also always someone to help and offer support along the way. This was a great experience and I would not change a thing!

"Excellent Company!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

I would 100% recommend this agency to anyone looking for a career and help obtaining employment. I constantly recommend Keystaff to business owners and managers as alike. From the receptionist to the recruiters, I have seen nothing but respectable and professional people. I have worked with 2 other agencies and they do not compare to Keystaff. They are thorough and work very hard to place strong candidates. I appreciate the fact that they are looking to find the perfect match for their candidates and their customers. Do yourself a favor and give this company a try.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Great team atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for KeyStaff in Austin for 3 years. Great company to work for, and they have plenty of room to get promoted and get raises.

Cons

Sometimes you have to work on Saturdays. No real complaints. Come to work and do your job instead of complaining all day is my advice for those that don't like it there.

Advice to Management

I do not have any advice for management.

Oct 19, 2015 – Owner

Thank you so much for this great review. It's folks like you who've made this company great and I can't tell you how happy I am that you were a part of our team. I'm always available to give great... More

"Excellent Opportunity for Everyone"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

KeyStaff offers everyone the opportunity to grow individually and works well with all employees to adapt to the ever-changing staffing industry. The offices all work really well together and there is a great team environment throughout the company. As long as you are willing to work, there is a ton of reward. There are quarterly awards and bonuses, monthly commission that is uncapped, and weekly contests with prizes awarded for both the sales team and recruiters. Every employee has the opportunity to make as much money as they work towards. This is a smaller company so each office is like a family with great culture. The culture is very positive, so someone that is naturally positive with a great attitude will excel here. As for the owners, I can tell that they are doing their best to offer the best environment, salaries, and opportunities for each employee while still ensuring that the business is successful.

Cons

There is a lot of paperwork and auditing done, however that will be anywhere that you go, since the paperwork is required by law.

6. "Branch Manager"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like working here at KeyStaff because the owners are nice and supportive. Personally, they trust the Managers to make the decisions but of course you just have to make the good ones! My coworkers in Austin are great people. The sales and recruiting team are amazingly competitive and in a very healthy way. The money you get is what you worked for. So if you are a hard working one, you know you get more besides from your base pay. Sales has an uncapped commission. Recruiting has a clear path and levels on where to go and good % in commissions. KeyStaff is definitely growing and will continue to shine in the Staffing Industry.

Cons

If you are not detail oriented, and don't work hard, you can't work here.
    You don't want to see yourself failing.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust the good and excellent workers. Thank you!

"Incredibly rewarding career opportunity"

I worked at KeyStaff full-time

Pros

As my first career out of college, KeyStaff afforded me an incredible opportunity to influence business decisions and customize my career growth. Within the span of 3.5 years, I was afforded the opportunity to explore business development, recruiting and management, while continually receiving great coaching and learning opportunities from Amy Clary, the founder of KeyStaff. I truly attribute much of my career success to all that I learned from Amy Clary and KeyStaff.

Cons

While I was there, we experienced traditional growing pains of being a start-up company: too few resources, not enough bandwidth, etc, but KeyStaff's leadership was always dedicated to putting both their full-time and contract employees first, so we were able to overcome these obstacles with time. Amy & Jason always had both their employees and the business' best interests at heart.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Incredible to see all the growth and success KeyStaff has had for the past 10+ years!

8. "Started off a job and now it is a career!"

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

KeyStaff took me in with no experience and really taught me the staffing industry. I really have not come across anyone that I did not like at this company. They set clear metrics for you to meet from day one. The ones that do not meet the metric they agree upon are typically the ones that quit or get terminated. Having worked with many people that come from the staffing background are pleased with the metrics because they are often easier than any other agency they have worked for. Not just that, but have a better commission structure. They are the first small staffing agency to actually offer benefits that you would receive at most mid to larger size companies. I am confident once they grow even more, they will grow their benefits as well. If you do not want to work for a living and if you are not motivated by money and free vacations each year then this is definitely not the position for you.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment. All the other small staffing agencies fail in comparison.

Advice to Management

Keep reevaluating year after year and you will keep up and exceed the competition

9. "Great Company, Great Boss"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

I just wanted to thank you for my job. I never thought that I would be this successful at a sales job. When I took this job I had never done sales before. I am feeling more confident every day. Thanks for the raise and all your support. KeyStaff is my home and I am proud of it. I also love everyone on my team.

Cons

None that I can think of. I don't really like my commute, but it's worth it to commute in to a job that I love.

Advice to Management

Also thanks for pushing me to grow and get out there and go to those networking events. I appreciate you both and love you both very much.

Anyway, thanks, I never thought I would love my job so much!!

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

Thank you so much! You're a huge asset to the company!

10. "Really Going to Miss Working at Keystaff!!!!"

Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff (Less than a year)

Pros

Started working for Keystaff in March of 2016. My wife found a job in my home town so I had to leave. Even though I was so excited to move home, I have to admit it was bitter sweet. I don't think I have ever worked anywhere where I truly enjoyed everyone I worked with. Everybody really works well together and it is definitely a team environment. The owners and management have always been very helpful and supportive. Not going to put anything in the Cons section because I just can't think of anything negative to say. Really going to miss everyone at Keystaff!!!!

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

We're going to miss you too!