KeyStaff Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Amy Clary & Jason Stoneberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Long term jobs available here"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I registered with KeyStaff when I moved to Austin and they placed me at Capital Metro. I've been there for over a year and enjoy working for both CapMet and for KeyStaff.

Cons

I haven't had any issues with either.

Advice to Management

Thank you for finding me a job so quickly.

2. "Appointment Setter"

Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Tampa Palms, FL
    Current Employee - Appointment Setter in Tampa Palms, FL

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay for the amount of work required

Cons

Low upward mobility. No benefits. Temp-to-permanent with no guarantee of if/when you'll become permanent.

Advice to Management

More consistency with training

3. "The real of it!"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at KeyStaff (More than a year)

Pros

Got the job with little to no experience. I am very grateful for that! I learned a lot and am glad I was able to turn it in to a career (but it was outside of KeyStaff). Amy (the owner) is extremely busy.. she does make time to chat with you, and will listen to you but only on rare occasions. I know she is a good person and it made me happy to work for her. The other owner I rarely saw him/ heard from him. He was not too much of a people pleaser and you only felt like he was money hungry... guess what an owner should be! Haha! But he could have been warmer in the office maybe..

Cons

There is a lot of internal turnover.. especially for Keystaff being so small. Maybe they arnt hiring the right people? But mostly, I think it's the lack of advancement (my issue) or management (another of my issues). Someone previously mentioned the training.. It was adequate but a lot left to be desired (although I didn't know at a time- at the time, I thought it was great!!).
    -Biggest "knockout" for me: no advancement! I get it, you guys are smaller.. but I had no where to go and a hunch for progression! I'd come back if there was more waiting for me!

Something that really bothers me is that the OWNER is having an attitude in her response to someone writing a review... kind of makes you think... are these "bad" reviews speaking the truth?

Advice to Management

Don't respond back negativity and so pointedly to reviews. Work WITH your emoloyees instead of against them. There is a huge disconnect between owners and employees... put the right people in place. And on that note, don't force your employees to write 5 star reviews. (Viewers: THIS WAS A THING)

ALSO- Dont have your temps write reviews.. come on now!

"Terrible and volatile work environment"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of hands on experience because the training is poor and you're forced to learn quickly. You can also move up rapidly because turnover is so high and they constantly need to backfill for roles like a Recruiter.

Cons

Even though I'm a former employee, I was compelled to write a review after seeing the absurdly high rating KeyStaff has on Glassdoor (which is largely due to the fact that KeyStaff asks their current employees to write reviews to increase their rating). I have never experienced a worse company culture that doesn't value their employees. This is clear by the revolving door of team members who come through and are terminated for sometimes meaningless reasons--or because they realize there are much better career opportunities. The owners make careless decisions and base important things like metrics off of guesses versus fact, gossip with other employees, and don't invest into important things like training.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing so much on yourself and your own image, and worry about your employees more.

Apr 13, 2017 – Owner

You haven't worked for KeyStaff in years. I don't know why you feel the need to continue to write bad reviews. It seems like that is a waste of time to me. Anyway, I hope you're able to move on... More

"Great Company"

Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at KeyStaff (More than a year)

Pros

Alot of the negative reviews are from past employees who did not do things by the book, who forged client documents and lied about it once they got caught and/or they did not like to be held accountable for their mistakes (audits) and that is why they probably did not get commission. We are actually very lucky to be getting commission every quarter, in comparison to other staffing companies, they really don't give their constituents any type of bonus. KeyStaff is a good company to work for, it is very stressful at times because we are in the staffing business so yes it is like babysitting adults and we are in the customer service industry so put that together with everything = stress. KeyStaff is run by hardworking people who do everything by the book. Although it does stink as a recruiter to lose commission off of one detail, that detail can actually cost us several clients, and that is what some people fail to realize when they complain about how awful the commission plan is. Well tough, everything has repercussions and if you miss something on your audit that is not one else's fault but yours.

Cons

The stress is overwhelming SOMETIMES, but other than that it is nothing a recruiter can't handle.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing, keep allowing your constituents to grow!

Mar 17, 2017 – Owner

Thank you so much! You are such a valuable member of the team. We're so lucky to have you!

6. "Not to bad at all"

Former Employee - Janitorial in San Marcos, TX
    Former Employee - Janitorial in San Marcos, TX

I worked at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay if u like $9.50 per hour

Cons

Quick to terminate instead of investigating.

Advice to Management

Should investigate instead of assuming

"Great Management Support"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

KeyStaff is a growing company that outlines the steps for success at every level. this transparency allows employees in all roles the opportunity to know and understand the expectation and meet the guidelines in place to grow within the company. Being a smaller company the owners are available to reach out to for support.

Cons

Staffing is a challenging industry and it is a job that does not fit into the traditional 9-5. to be in staffing one has to be willing to work beyond those traditional hours to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Management has done a great job providing a platform for growth and success!

8. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Austin, TX

I have been working at KeyStaff full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Team, best Manager in my branch!

Cons

Recruiting process to on boarding the temps is detailed, must complete everything or you don't get your commission

Advice to Management

We are taken care of because our manager said you do the same thing to her!

9. "Really Going to Miss Working at Keystaff!!!!"

Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator/Recruiter in Austin, TX

I worked at KeyStaff (Less than a year)

Pros

Started working for Keystaff in March of 2016. My wife found a job in my home town so I had to leave. Even though I was so excited to move home, I have to admit it was bitter sweet. I don't think I have ever worked anywhere where I truly enjoyed everyone I worked with. Everybody really works well together and it is definitely a team environment. The owners and management have always been very helpful and supportive. Not going to put anything in the Cons section because I just can't think of anything negative to say. Really going to miss everyone at Keystaff!!!!

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

We're going to miss you too!

10. "Great Company, Great Boss"

Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Sales in Dallas, TX

Pros

I just wanted to thank you for my job. I never thought that I would be this successful at a sales job. When I took this job I had never done sales before. I am feeling more confident every day. Thanks for the raise and all your support. KeyStaff is my home and I am proud of it. I also love everyone on my team.

Cons

None that I can think of. I don't really like my commute, but it's worth it to commute in to a job that I love.

Advice to Management

Also thanks for pushing me to grow and get out there and go to those networking events. I appreciate you both and love you both very much.

Anyway, thanks, I never thought I would love my job so much!!

Dec 12, 2016 – Owner

Thank you so much! You're a huge asset to the company!