Keypath Education Reviews | Glassdoor

Keypath Education Reviews

Updated August 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is a great work life balance as well (in 8 reviews)

• There are some really great people you'll work with, if upper management doesn't scare them away (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is lacking and upper management is more than happy to take away any perks like flex Fridays or telecommuting if they feel like it (in 14 reviews)

• Work life balance could be improved (in 6 reviews)

"Great Start-Up. A Ton of Potential."

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Keypath Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Keypath for over a year now. I work in the Admissions Department. I have worked in higher education for over 14 years and I can say that Keypath has been one of the best companies I have ever worked for and I plan on being here for many years to come.

Pros:
    - Great Culture! We have the Culture Club which host a monthly company wide event, which usually involves food!
    - Everyone has an open door policy and all managers are very supportive
    - Our CEO rocks!
    - The fact that it's a start up is exciting. Many of us have been able to launch new schools and programs and work closely with our partners.

Cons

We aren't perfect but we strive to be great!

- We are very lean. We need more levels built into the admissions team.
    - There is very little accountability.
    - More flexibility with hours
    - Compensation needs to increase and be more competitive to draw in the best

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I think we are doing some amazing things here at Keypath! With that being said, please take the time to make sure your teams are healthy and functioning properly.

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Really appreciate the kind words. Since you are in Chicago I assume you are speaking about our OPM group. I agree this has been an exciting beginning. In less than three years we have added... More

"Avoid."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They try to do cool things for their employees? I guess?

Cons

Super cliquey employees
    Frequent layoffs
    Everybody is looking out for their own skin, and will throw you under the bus.

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for comments and sorry you feel this way. We are always trying to improve the experience. Good luck in your future endeavors.

"Why be so defensive?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pro of working at Keypath is that there are some good people who share a strong work ethic.

Cons

The EDU industry is in turmoil, and they are so late to the game in shifting into online program management, that it's going to be very hard to sustain over the long haul. Most of the smart people who were poised to go get better jobs have left the company. I hope that management takes care of the loyal people who are still riding the ship. They deserve to be treated well.

Advice to Management

I'm reading some of the reviews, and I find it odd that the CEO takes time to comment, but his answers are quite defensive. My advice to management is to really hear some of this negative feedback and try to use it to make the company a better place to work.

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

I really don't want to come across defensive, but appreciate the feedback. Hard sometimes to balance being passionate about our plans and defend what is sometimes inaccurate. I do take these... More

"Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Intern in Lenexa, KS

Pros

They give you real projects to work on instead of busy work. They also looped me in on long-term projects and invited me to meetings even though I was only there a short time.

Cons

Pay is low. Full-time employees had even warned me of it. It's a great place to gain experience but not stay long-term because of the pay.

Jun 13, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for comments

"Amazing Place To Work"

Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Enrollment Advisor in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Keypath Education full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Keypath for a few months now and so far it has been the best company I have ever worked for. There are many reasons that I love this company and I have brought a few employees over from my last place of employment. Coming from the for profit education cut throat industry this is a wonderful change. Some of the main reasons I love this company are listed below.
    1. The lower cost of insurance benefits
    2. The overall low stress work environment
    3. The vacation plan
    4. The 95210 program
    5. The ice machine ( I know it sounds funny but people love the ice machine)
    6. The monthly events
    7. Weekends off ( well now only having to work 1 Sat. a month)
    8. The friendly and welcoming staff
    9. Paid time off for the holidays without having to use vacation time
    10. No micro managing
    11. Extremely supportive upper management
    12. Very competitive pay
    13. Being able to somewhat create your own schedule
    14. Working with a Christian non-profit University
    15. The simple fact that everyone here truly cares

Cons

The only downside that I can think of is that it is in Palatine and it is a long drive from where I live but to work for a company like this it is completely worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Wow, very nice comments. 15 things! I will continue to strive to build this company and keep adding to your list. Thanks again and good luck

"It's fine. Just fine."

Former Employee - Client Services in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Client Services in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's marketing. You will work with, yes, "fun people!"
    Free soda.
    Free candy.
    Free parking.
    Many employee engagement events.
    Pay is low compared to other agencies in KC.

Cons

--This isn't exactly working in higher education for say, Harvard or even UMKC. This is placing radio spots for Brown Mackie College.
    --Read up on the type of client for-profit colleges/schools are. See if you agree with the business model. This will be how you spend your days and sometimes nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

None really. We had a good quid-pro-quo relationship. I did good work for you while I was there. You paid me on time, every time. It's all fine. I hope the company does well.

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for feedback. We do value our clients even though many of the schools are places you may not have heard of. While there are some bad actors in the For-Profit space, many of these schools... More

"Great company with great people"

I have been working at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

- You don't just feel important or that your work matters, you ARE important and your work mattes. I've worked at many companies before that talked a lot about team but didn't deliver. I truly enjoy Keypath for valuing me legitimately.
    - Fun industry. Higher education has a lot going on. Lots of changes and interesting things taking place. Gives you the chance to be more involved and grow with the industry.
    - Office atmosphere. Casual dress, open space for interacting. Never have a seen someone be told anything close to "get back to work" and you're empowered to manage your own time.

Cons

- Can get a little loud sometimes since we're mostly in cubes, but the environment isn't different than any other business. We just have a lot of us and lots of activity.
    - Hard pressed to think of others. All depends on your situation. But hours can be flexible. It's located in downtown Palatine for better or for worse. And we keep growing so the office is getting full.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing. Hiring self-starters and letting people take initiative to move things forward.

Nov 22, 2016 – CEO

Appreciate the feedback and kind words about Keypath. We are so proud of our team and even more excited about the possibilities in the future. Keep up with the great attitude and looking forward to... More

"Apply, but don't expect much"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people, the casual environment, and the fact you can get a ton of good experience and wear a lot of different hats are all pros. I loved that Keypath let me experiement with some different roles and get some good experience. I would say to anyone considering a career here to apply, get a paycheck, but focus on building your skill set and keep an ear out for any additional opportunities. The best way I could describe the place is that it's a good 'first job' or a decent place to work if you just need a paycheck, but keep in mind that despite how nice the people in Lenexa are, to the staff in Chicago you're just another number and can be thrown out at anytime.

Cons

Impossible profit targets, chronic understaffing combined with layoffs and then hiring blitzes. Doesn't seem to be a clear business strategy. Prepare to work a lot and not expect much help in the form of additional team members, and when you do get them, they will nearly always be 22 year olds out of college with no experience, so you'll have to train them on top of your job.

Thanks for you comments

"Transform or Crash into the Iceburg"

Former Employee - Traditional Media Buyer in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Traditional Media Buyer in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Keypath Education full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-You learn the necessary skills to advance your career elsewhere.
    -Your manager will care about your career & personal life.
    -Good work/life balance.
    - Free Pop
    - Summer hours

Cons

- Majority of Keypath Education's clients are for-profit, which is being challenged by the current administration. Because of this, Keypath lost a lot of clients, which led to major layoffs.
    - The layoffs are so common, that the next day it's business as usual.
    - The Healthcare plan is well below average and caused people to quit that had conditions that required medicine on a monthly basis.

Advice to Management

Advertising is about telling a story and reaching an audience. That needs to be the transformation you take as an agency. You've been working on perfecting the lead generation part of the business for so long, you about the creativity side.

Nov 16, 2016 – CEO

Thanks again for your comments. I am not sure what company meetings you have been to but we certainly talked a lot about how to transform our company. The art is to maintain your base while... More

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

I worked at Keypath Education full-time

Pros

Fun environment to work and well organized, although it's rapidly growing, the communication on this team is fantastic!! Melissa Stec does a great job leading her team, I've learned a lot from her different facets that I can apply in my daily routine.

Cons

It's a fast paced environment, if you're not willing to go with it you will be left behind

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work business unit 1!!!

Sep 30, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback! We are very excited about our growth. While I agree pace is fast, those employees that like that environment, Keypath is a great place to work.

Thanks for all you do... More