Keysight Technologies "keysight" Reviews | Glassdoor

Keysight Technologies Employee Reviews about "keysight"

Updated Nov 3, 2019

3.9
Keysight Technologies President & CEO Ron Nersesian
Ron Nersesian
Pros
Cons
  • "no cons in my experience with Keysight(in 27 reviews)

• "Slow growth and comparatively less compensation(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "keysight"

Return to all Reviews

"Fantastic company to work for"

Former Employee - Marketing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

High degree of self-sufficiency but help available when needed Dual-ladder career path - ability to earn manager wages as individual contributor 401k matching, discounted stock purchase plan, profit sharing Current CEO is taking company to new level of performance "Manage by objective" is alive and well at Keysight

Cons

Company runs lean - experienced employees may not have others to delegate simple tasks to You must manage your work/life balance

Advice to Management

Continue to build a culture where growth & winning are celebrated.

Keysight Technologies2019-02-20

"Non-family friendly culture in Atlanta"

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful office. Very talented co-workers. Great opportunities to learn nuances in C++ programming.

Cons

Unlike rest of Keysight, work from home is STRICTLY looked down in Atlanta office. There is one of the senior managers in Atlanta who is disliked and hated by everyone. Everyone is waiting for him to retire. He banned work from home for all employees, and insists people work from office.

Advice to Management

Allow work from home and flexible hours. Be like rest of Keysight. Know that you are disliked by everyone behind your backs.

Keysight Technologies2019-11-03
  3. "We make great stuff, and a lot of smart people are your teammates but work is work"

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

You want access to a VNA that goes above 100 GHz+ to test something, go ahead. Some of the best SMUs, Spectrum Analyzers and more. Access to tons of design software that you’re used to otherwise shelling multiple grands for. All engineers have access to Keysight software. The legacy of the HP days is alive and well. You get to work on the either design, testing, modeling, production assurance of... ICs/Modules/Test Equipment that regularly exceed 50+ GHz. If you’re an EE and that doesn’t excite you I really don’t know what to say. Keysight designs the test equipment that determines the bleeding edge technology. Because of that, Keysights own equipment have to be even ahead of that. Keysight had the 8510 working at 26.5 GHz in the mid 1980s and they’ve continued to innovate. The things modern day Keysight does will continue to be used by the rest of the world for decades to come.

Cons

Manufacturing and Quality Control are really thankless and hated on jobs at most companies. Keysight is no exception. Data analysis and things like Statistical Process Control in Manufacturing Sciences are largely hampered by a total disinterest in using modern database and ETL systems. Computing services for non design engineers is really poor. Software developers who work in production environments and not in... external software development have setups that are largely lagging behind the industry, more reminiscent of the early 2000s. We might make some of the finest boxes and below in the market, but for some of the lower level material they way we manufacture it, while high precision, is still stuck in the 1980s, and with most managers either apathetic or actively rejecting modernization and change, whether using cost as an excuse or disinterest.

Advice to Management

Spend some money on big data compute, more than just for the design engineers or PathWave.

Keysight Technologies2019-08-14

"Their culture truly is outstanding"

Current Employee - New Product Introduction Manufacturing Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Keysight Technologies truly has an amazing culture. Their benefits are on par with similar jobs though the salaries can be on the lower side.

Cons

Their manufacturing site is in Malaysia and that can mean late night conference calls.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the amazing culture you have, be sure to maintain it.

Keysight Technologies2019-02-18

"Something Lurks Beneath the Facade"

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great corporate culture* Cares about their employees** If you're an engineer, it's the place to be***

Cons

*If you're actually employed with Keysight and not a contractor **Contractors not included ***If you're not, RUN

Advice to Management

Stop hiring contractors if you're going to treat them like second-class employees. Don't make them have to pay to go to office parties. Don't exclude them from company events. All that does is build resentment and reduce loyalty. For a company full of incredibly intelligent people, that's a pretty dumb misstep.

Keysight Technologies2018-12-17
  6. "Bad management"

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, good lower level engineers

Cons

I usually don't write reviews for anything, but here I felt that this may change the career path of people considering working at Keysight after me. My experiences are limited to the Santa Clara divisions and does not apply to other sites. I joined Keysight after a relatively successful PhD and on a product that I had lots of experience during my PhD research. The manager that hired me was a smart and good... person and he was the reason I joined. He left Keysight only after two months after I joined Keysight and this was the start for me to realized how disappointing the environment is. Here are a few cons I can list here based on my experience: - There is no appreciation for good work. The management doesn't care if you are doing a good quality work, and this was very disappointing for me. It just looks like they don't care about what the outcome of their product is. - The people management is also poor. I had a top manager with very clear unprofessional and rude behavior. I am not sure why they did not change her with many complains agains her management. - The atmosphere in general is also boring and laid back which is not interesting for young professionals. - The compensation also is also bad.

Keysight Technologies2018-05-23

"Great Company"

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Keysight invests in heavily in training for engineers.

Cons

Not as flashy as many of the tech companies in Silicon Valley

Advice to Management

Remember to keep investing in people

Keysight Technologies2018-03-14

"Interning at Keysight"

Former Intern - Software Marketing in Santa Rosa, CA

I worked at Keysight Technologies for less than a year

Pros

Great employees. Very friendly and willing to help. Positive work environment. Decent employee benefits (not for interns). I also appreciated the efforts from management to introduce interns to the executives.

Cons

Slightly confusing corporate structure. Also, Intern salaries for engineering students not very high. Keysight should consider renovating their intern program.

Advice to Management

Management should seriously consider welcoming back prior interns, especially ones who delivered quality work with enthusiasm for the company. As a former intern I’ve been trying to get hired again but have had a very hard time.

Keysight Technologies2018-02-02

"US Logistics Admin"

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent work life balance at Keysight

Cons

Once PTO has been exhausted employees can't take time off for childcare or school activities

Keysight Technologies2017-08-17

"Fun and interesting job with great work-life balance :)"

Current Employee - R&D Engineer in Santa Rosa, CA

I have been working at Keysight Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Almost no bureaucracy in R&D!!! Job allows for creativity and innovation yet is also challenging. There's always an opportunity to learn here! The benefits and time off are unreal, the Santa Rosa campus is beautiful, and everyone is nice and helpful. The work life balance is amazing too -- you almost never have to work overtime and no one is breathing down your back to know when you come in and leave each day.

Cons

The products we make aren't that interesting unless you're a die-hard electrical engineer; and you'll struggle to explain to your friends what the company does. Santa Rosa is also a sleepy bedroom community and is not the best place for recent grads to move to and try to make friends. Keysight is trying to create a better sense of community among the younger engineers, but it's not quite there yet.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and do a better job training new employees with formal classes when they hire on.

Keysight Technologies2017-04-30