Keystone Quality Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Barr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It's ok"

I worked at Keystone Quality Transport full-time

Pros

You are your own boss, just you and your partner.

Cons

They will run you to the ground with calls. You can be done at 7 and will give you a call at 6:59

2. "Driver/aide"

I have been working at Keystone Quality Transport full-time

Pros

Good peopl to work with

Cons

Don't pay enough and you do a lot of work for a lil pay check

Advice to Management

Everybody is nice

"Easily the WORST Company I've ever worked for."

Former Employee - EMT in Port Richmond, PA
    Former Employee - EMT in Port Richmond, PA

I worked at Keystone Quality Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay rate for EMT's, but you have to sell your soul for it.

Always have overtime available.

Cons

Where do I start?

All ambulances receive the bare minimum maintenance to keep them on the road. Many of the trucks are severely unsafe to drive. Many of the ambulances do not have air conditioning.

The majority of Dispatchers and Supervisors are extremely rude with zero sympathy for the well-being of the crews. You are just a truck number with two slabs of meat onboard that happen to have EMS training. They will run you into the ground, and then stack more calls on top of that.

Going along with the previous point, they are severely understaffed. They do not have enough personnel for the amount of contracts they have. They will have you anywhere from Philadelphia to Springfield to Bucks County.

Dispatch will run you well beyond your end time. Get off at 1900? Be ready for that long distance transport that will take an hour and a half to do at 1830.

They only schedule two weeks at a time which makes it very hard to plan things in your personal life. However, it is a consistent schedule so I will give them that.

They will blatantly deny your time-off requests because they can. Even if you submit it well before the planned day off.

The company executives are not on the same page. One side will encourage you to take a lot of ConEd classes, and the other side will deny the days off for you to take the class.

Will get upset with you for calling out on a certain day every week, even though you told them when you were hired that you can't work that certain day.

Dispatch will harass you to go in and make patient contact well before the pickup time. This frustrates both the nurses and the patient who thought they had an hour to get everything together; to now feeling rushed because they think we are waiting on them.

Dispatch will then harass you asking you what your status is, even when they know the patient is not ready, paperwork is not ready, etc.

Patients are just customers to them, which is why they try to rush you as much as possible so they can make the most money. They will often ask you to try and pressure the nurses into speeding things up so we can leave with the patients faster. I can tell you that both nurses and patients do NOT appreciate this and will not end well for the company as it leaves a bad taste in their mouth.

Once signed up for the scheduling website they make you use, all messages will be automatically forwarded to your phone and email. Be prepared to get constant messages about shifts they need filled. They like to send them three at a time, and about 5 times a day.

The Port Richmond location keeps it's ambulances inside. You may think, "Oh good, they are keeping them out of the elements!" which technically they are, but the warehouse is infested with pigeons and there is fecal matter everywhere; along with that the occasional dead and decaying pigeon. Which, I happened to see not even two feet from a car seat that is meant to transport infants. Would you want your child sitting in that?

Dispatch often forgets or fails to verify important information, such as... What equipment is needed, addresses (confusing the billing address with the address the patient is being discharged too), and getting the room number of the patient incorrect. So not only have I almost taken patients to the wrong address, I have almost taken the wrong patient. Luckily, I verify my patient’s information, but it shouldn’t be up to me to do the dispatcher’s job correctly.

Coworkers are hit and miss. Some love their job, some are burnt out and overworked, and others are just there for a paycheck and could not care less about anything.

If you work on a "dedicated" unit, and I use that term lightly, be prepared to be sitting in the ambulance all day because they do not have anywhere else for you to relax between calls. That is, if they aren’t slamming you with calls.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like dirt.

4. "EMT"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Springfield, PA
    Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Springfield, PA

I have been working at Keystone Quality Transport (More than 3 years)

Pros

ROLLING OFFICE. Semiindependent. Learned. Good teamwork

Cons

No real end time. Can't speak about much else. Things did not affect me personally

5. "Keystone "Quantity" Transport"

Current Employee - EMT
    Current Employee - EMT

I have been working at Keystone Quality Transport part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of over time available
    Flexible scheduling

Cons

Unstable management
    Unreliable vehicles
    Old equipment/ lack of equipment
    Rude/useless dispatchers
    Sometimes youre done hours past your end time
    Pays not great

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about the volume of calls we get and focus on buying safe equipment and hiring employees who know what theyre doing

6. "Quality is a joke. Don't waste your time."

Pros

A paycheck. And there are always hours available because so many people call off.

Cons

They have no respect for their employees. They trim hours on your paycheck. They won't schedule you consistently. Their trucks aren't safe. This place is the complete opposite of "quality" in many ways.

Advice to Management

If you treat your employees like you care, then they will be willing to do more for you.

7. "Transportation coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

I worked at Keystone Quality Transport (Less than a year)

Pros

A Good company to provide transportation services to hospitals and community centers.

Cons

CEO and CFO don't care about the workers, and treat employees badly and unfairly.

Advice to Management

No advancement

8. "EMT"

Former Employee - Emergency Medical Tech in Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - Emergency Medical Tech in Springfield, PA

Pros

I enjoy helping people it was a bonus to meet/interact with different patients in various circumstances.

Cons

They continuous downsizing increasing the staff shortage

Advice to Management

Better communication

9. "Keystone no quality"

Former Employee - EMT in Springfield, PA
    Former Employee - EMT in Springfield, PA

I worked at Keystone Quality Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some of our fellow EMT ' S are great to work with. Overtime was pretty much mandatory, hours weren't too bad

Cons

Where do I start, let's see the trucks are flagrant safety hazards, all but one dispatcher is rude and condensing toward staff, most basic equipment required on ambulances are missing, when a locked ambulance is broken into the crew is forced to pay for the replacement of the stolen items, HR is a complete joke, I personally was sent on a long distance transport out of state, and when the gas card was denied by the gas station management asked me to pay for the fuel which I never received reembursment. The company does not pay for continuing education but refuses to adjust your schedule to allow you to get the required continuing education and worse of all the schedule is done daily so you don't have the opportunity to make any sort of plans because you never know if you have to work the next day and by the time you get to see the schedule it's 9 or 10 at night or later when management has left for the day so you can't get it changed. I could go on but you get the point

Advice to Management

Fire all your upper management be a hands off ceo when it comes to operations and get new trucks, and in the very long time I've been doing this I never had to Earn a badge, I mean seriously it's down right insulting, I'm so glad I quit

10. "You get to meet with a lot of people and share a lot of thing with them I love working the"

Former Employee - Driver in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Driver in Phila, PA

I worked at Keystone Quality Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it a good company to work for but you have to be willing to get up in the morning around 4:00am

Cons

When my truck blow up on me and nobody reach out to me And when the doctors give me a ok to go back they didn't let me come back and the fight me for my employment

Advice to Management

They need to help there people out that love there job and stop being hard on them