Kforce Government Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pat Moneymaker

Pros
  • They are making an active effort to try to incorporate work/life balance into the culture (in 7 reviews)

• You are allowed to work from home at times which really helps with the drive and when having doctor's appointments (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • KGS recognizes all 10 Government holidays - which is nice, but no day after Thanksgiving or Christmas which is a perk at other companies (in 8 reviews)

• Hard to build working relationships when not in the corporate office (in 2 reviews)

1. "Not the worst but not the best"

Pros

My pay is fair, the work life balance is 99% great. The managers are good people

Cons

The management is unorganized, The branch I work for is chaos

"Terrible Company Award"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at Kforce Government Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

There was nothing good about this company

Cons

When I started the contract my manager was unaware that I needed an active secret clearance to obtain a CAC card. Because that process took time I started working without a laptop from the DOD client. KGS didn't even think I would need a laptop, because the client would give me, but they did not consider the wait time so I literally went without a laptop. My manager attempted to train me at his desk while he was working, so my training was in the form of standing behind his shoulder watching what he did, which was extremely poorly explained. This was the worst experience I've ever had working with a company. What really sad is 2 months ago a recruiter from KGS tried to recruit me back to that hell hole. The first recruiter I had lied about the expected compensation for the position. So after I interviewed and wasted my time, the offer letter I received was about 7K less than what my current job was, but I took it hoping to find something new shortly after it. This was the worst place ever to work for!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Train your managers how to actually manage, not assume they are managing. My manager did not even know how to do his job. He tried to train me at his desk, which was in a cubicle on client site around other people working. He also never planned times to train me he just popped over at my desk. Also, be sure the on boarding process is handled correctly. Don't send someone on a DOD contract without making sure that individual had a government secret clearance, which should clearly be stated in the contract award document. I hope you all get no more contracts at all, you all are incompetent.

3. "Cyber Watch Officer"

Former Employee - Cyber Watch Officer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Cyber Watch Officer in Washington, DC

I worked at Kforce Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay, great management staff.

Cons

Communication tends to cease for long periods of time when you work at the customer site.

5. "Contracts Analyst"

Former Employee - Contracts Analyst in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Contracts Analyst in Bowie, MD

I worked at Kforce Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Location and free parking.

Cons

If management doesn't like you for know reason, they will find a way to make you quit.

6. "Bad company, run away"

Pros

Get experience or government clearance.

Cons

Company is so cheep, everything go to the management. Only who leave are honeybees management stay. No bonuses, salaries start in low 40K. Pay Raise is 1% to 2 %
    Holyday Party they have raffle give always that always go to the Executives by chance, right 5 years in the row.

"Great co-workers terrible Project manager."

I worked at Kforce Government Solutions full-time

Pros

The work is good, people are awesome.

Cons

The project manager has no idea how to talk to, or treat people. If he decides he doesn't like you he will avoid you like the plague.

Advice to Management

Get a new PM

8. "EDI Business Analyst"

Pros

depending on who your supervisor is, there is a lot of flexibility. You are allowed to work from home at times which really helps with the drive and when having doctor's appointments. Depending on who your supervisor is, the training is good.

Cons

KGS is a contractor. Sometimes part of the contract is to have a warm body in the position regardless if they are qualified for the position. Screen the new employees for the qualifications. Train new employees with the right training.

9. "Ok"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert II (Contractor) in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert II (Contractor) in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Kforce Government Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot here.

Cons

Environment, management, time off, environment.

Advice to Management

Be more involved.

10. "Business Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Architect in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kforce Government Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a work-life balance for most of the government subcontractors.

Cons

No bonuses, minimal raises, no career paths. People doing the same jobs may have very different salaries.

Advice to Management

In order to be competitive, you should consider offering better benefits.

11. "KGS Review"

Former Employee - QA Lead/Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Lead/Data Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Kforce Government Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits with KGS were good, compared with other companies. Also, there was much less overtime required, as compared with previous software jobs. By and large, other KGS people were nice and competent in their jobs.

Cons

Employment stability depended on the status of KGS's contracts.
    The job I actually did was very different from the job for which I thought I had been hired.
    The sphere of influence of contractors was very limited at the government office where I was working, and concerns about project risks/issues were largely ignored by higher-ups until the project failed.