Kforce "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kforce Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Oct 23, 2019

3.8
Kforce CEO David L. Dunkel
David L. Dunkel
Pros
  • "Work life balance but what you put into the job you get out of it(in 55 reviews)

• "Great people driving the hiring and on-boarding process(in 55 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun culture, endless earning opportunities, community service involvement, helping to provide individuals with opportunities that they might not have otherwise known about, ability to expand your personal and professional network exponentially.

Cons

You will work long hours, but you reap what you sow!

Advice to Management

Benefits are not as competitive as other employers.

Kforce2019-10-23

"Kforce is Not just a Company But a Culture"

Current Employee - VSD Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Kforce is all about the culture here and it feels more like a family than a team of co-workers. You have a generous Paid time-off Package. You can play Ping-Pong on your free time and workout on your lunch with their gym being located on the first floor. I have enjoyed the support of learning and training from my supervisors while I have been here. We work hard but we play hard too!

Cons

I really don't have any cons other than the long hours. But again it's like family so it makes it tolerable.

Advice to Management

Keep improving and always look to your employees for feedback and how to keep making Kforce a great place to start or continue a career.

Kforce2019-08-06
  3. "Great company - you have to work hard to reap the reward!"

Current Employee - Client Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

compensation, family-like atmosphere, team building events

Cons

sometimes long hours (but this is necessary for success)

Kforce2019-08-05

"Do not entertain if you want career growth or to be anything besides a number"

I worked at Kforce full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Over my tenure working with the company the associates are the only thing positive that I got out of the company.

Cons

Expect to work long hours. They used to value work life balance but that is a thing of the past. 60-70 hours weeks are the new norm. If you have a life outside of Kforce, say goodbye to it now. They only care if you make excessive amounts of calls. The company is turning into a call center environment and people are leaving right and left for this reason. VP level leadership and middle management are now only... focused on numbers and give little to no direction on how to build your book of business. I was left with empty promises from my director informing that they would assist me in my professional development as I had worked with the company for a few years and I did not receive any support. Not to mention, the monthly one on one's we were supposed to have didn't happen over a 4-5 month period. Where was that support I was promised? Nonexistent. Management will let people go if they do not like their personalities. The culture of an office that used to be great turned into the kind set of "who is next to go?" Everyone is walking on eggshells. Fortunately everyone at the associate level felt the same and we got through it together. Commission structure and annually salary structure desperately needs to be relooked at. It is not competitive. Especially since the company wants you to work 60-70 hour weeks, pay us for it or we all will leave due to burn out. The company promotes people that are NOT meant to be leaders and have no positive influential impact on individuals in any way. Instead middle management gets on you about your numbers but doesn’t help come up with a road map on how to get there if you are struggling, or taking in account that business is slow. Repetitive trainings and meetings can be cut in half. Half the days are spent talking on subjects that are completely irrelevant to what we do.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate who you bring into management. Look to bring in people who motivate you to do better and truly want you to succeed, not someone who sees you as another replaceable number. Re-evaluate pay scale and structure. Work life balance. The company used to value this and there has been a drastic switch in the culture. People are going to leave if this is it relooked at.

Kforce2019-07-31
  5. "Great first job out of college"

Current Freelancer - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

Fun environment with young and great people

Cons

Low base and long hours

Kforce2019-07-11
  6. "good money"

Current Freelancer - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Kforce

Pros

the pay was really good

Cons

very long hours of work

Kforce2019-05-19
  7. "Good Start"

Former Employee - Recruiting in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young Team, Good Culture, PTO

Cons

Long Hours, Not Great Pay

Kforce2019-04-29

"Valuable Skills and Knowledge, but No Future"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at Kforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

Recruiting can be a very lucrative career, especially in the IT space. Decent training program, both introduction and ongoing. Great structure and organization. Long runway. Good office location. Friendly employees.

Cons

Cut-throat. People stealing candidates from one another. Grind, long hours to be successful. Management isn't knowledgeable in IT. Strict on metrics. AMs with no relationship so good candidates never see the light of day. A lot of throwing resumes to the wall to see if it sticks. Not efficient.

Advice to Management

Balance recruiters out on priority reqs, give a good mix of A, B and C reqs to give everyone a shot to be successful, don't just favor the reps who've been there the longest. Limit the trash-talking, it can go too far.

Kforce2019-05-08

"High turnover sales job with long hours"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most people in each office are recent college grads or young people trying sales so it’s easy to make office friends

Cons

Long hours. On the phone all day long cold calling people. They pitch a “work hard play hard” culture but it’s really just “work hard and play on your own time”. You work a minimum of 10 hours a day and they still expect you to complete unfinished work after hours/on weekends if you have it and because recruiting/sales is so crazy that happens a lot

Advice to Management

Stop making young kids work 60 hours a week and maybe some of them will stay for more than a year

Kforce2019-02-06

"Talent Manager"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kforce full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, opportunity to network with a lot of people, never-ending learning opportunities, uncapped earning potential

Cons

long hours - can be hard work because you are dealing with people a lot and people are unpredictable - constantly putting out fires

Kforce2018-12-17