Cover image for Khoros
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Khoros Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 2, 2021

77 Comments

Tech

571.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Khoros~482039
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Khoros? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Khoros employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Khoros and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Excellent Learning Opportunity

Apr 30, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Even at senior level, you would be able to find enough time to keep learning new things. Good Payscale and benefits. Excellent work life balance

Cons

Not any for now I can think of

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jun 18, 2022 - Application Operations Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good xomaony to work. Good work life balance

Cons

Company is good if you're really focused about what you're doing. Management gives you options to get into the things you love.

Khoros Response

Thank you for sharing! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time working with us here at Khoros. We pride ourselves on building a healthy culture for all our employees, while empowering them to take charge of their career development. Good luck in all of your future endeavors!

3. Join the Khoros team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work life balance needs to improve

Jun 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning, but reduced work life balance.

Cons

reduced work life balance at Khoros

Khoros Response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We pride ourselves on developing our employees, and giving them the tools to take charge of their development. While occasionally times can be stressful within any job; Khoros does provide unlimited PTO and encourages the use of it for mental health days as well. If you are feeling a work/life imbalance I would encourage you to reach out to your manager to discuss, and utilize PTO to enjoy your time outside of work. If your uncomfortable speaking directly with your manager you can always reach out at glassdoorteam@khoros.com

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to work at that time.

Oct 26, 2022 - Sr Technical Support Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Health Insurance: Vision & Dental Wellness Allowance Flexibility of work Work life balance

Cons

opportunity for growth. Leadership could have been better in making decisions. Employee Value/Recognition.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great team players

Sep 14, 2022 - Senior Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance Great focus on inclusion Positive team members Sharp technical leaders

Cons

New C-level team leaders are a concern Some functions have salary concerns Very poor customer focus by the Engineering teams (all products), very siloed and not customer friendly

Khoros Response

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience working here at Khoros. Authentic insights around both Pros and Cons help job seekers and employees understand what it’s truly like to work at a company, and are vital to helping us fulfill our mission. We are on a path of transformation and that ultimately drives change and therefore, some turnover across the organization including our C-Level team. Thanks again. If you would like to continue this conversation, please reach out at glassdoorteeam@khoros.com.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Jun 20, 2022 - GL Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Management Good work life balance

Cons

No negatives about the company.

Khoros Response

Thanks for sharing! We're happy you're enjoying your time here at Khoros. We look forward to continuing to grow together.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company has been on a downward trajectory & no real sense of culture

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Many of your coworkers will be pleasant to work with and are very smart and you can develop a good camaraderie with your direct peers -Some of the perks are nice -You get to work with well-known brands -Work/life balance was good

Cons

-The private equity company (Vista) pretty much drove this company into the ground -A lot of the senior leadership folks that have been brought in (and some that have refused to leave) have created a bad employee experience -Executive leadership is unapproachable and not very inspiring -Culture of the company was never figured out or re-established post-merger. -The company states they have their core values but does not really live by them or seem to care about them -Pay is low here compared to the rest of the market -HR has brushed off complaints of harassment resulting in employees not wanting to approach HR for any of these types of issues -There are several departments with huge issues at the senior leadership level that are only concerned about covering their backs and not looking out for the interests of the customer -There's been an exodus of some of the top talent in the company across all departments since the beginning of the year. A lot of people have lost faith in the organization and are frustrated with Khoros continuing to not fix issues within the product and delivering poor experiences for customers. Not worth it to stay and deal with it all when the pay is bad.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Apr 18, 2016 - Software Engineering in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of smart people at this company and they provide a fun atmosphere to work in. They provide lunches four days a week and breakfast one day a week. They provide a free exercise class 3 days a week which will transform you into a superhero if you attend regularly. They try to maintain the culture of a startup company as much as they can while the size of the business continues to grow. They value transparency and personal responsibility. Working at this company will open up a lot of career opportunities for you and you will likely see a large increase in the amount of contact you have from recruiters.

Cons

The onIy one I can think of is the work life balance not having a lot of weight on the life half of the balance. Although this does vary by team.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great environment!

Nov 6, 2019 - Social Media Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Catered lunch, unlimited vacation -Fun and relax working environment -Collaborative and kind teams -Work/life balance is GREAT

Cons

-Career-pathing is pretty much determined by whose projects have access to Directors -Bad 401k matching -Managers are either great or horrible

11. 5.0

Great place to work!

Jul 22, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to learn, explore and grow Flexible Good pay Work life balance is excellent Great teams

Cons

None that I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews