Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Hyun-Jong Shin

"Specialist (Engineer)"

Current Employee - Specialist in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for less than a year

Pros

(Everyone is a specialist at Kia fyi) I'm a development engineer more specifically. Honestly the best benefits of any company of anyone I know. Medical is cheap. You can get up to 20% off Kia's depending on the time of year. An easy drive from Auburn / Opelika. Good pay. HUGE bonuses compared to what my friends in other recent grads are getting. Great company culture. Being eligible for overtime even on salary is awesome....

Cons

It's a big place so you'll never know everyone. Sometimes Koreans will be your boss (but they always have an american counterpart)

Advice to Management

The onboarding process is tedious.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2016-08-24

"Great benefits, not so great management skills"

Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall great company, good pay, excellent benefits, and cheapest insurance (good insurance) premiums in the state. Plenty of holidays and paid time off throughout the year.

Cons

Too much change going on with team members leaving, hiring freeze, and management lacking the ability to focus on REAL issues with production and instead more worried about manipulating internal data to make the Korean/CEO happy. Always a problem. Makes you feel like you’re doing excessive redundant work just to please management and not actually focusing on the problem. With so many people continuing to leave for better...

Advice to Management

Korean management should work to improve American management and work to blend the cultures better like Honda and mainly Toyota has done so well with.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2019-03-14

"Specialist"

Current Employee - Specialist in West Point, GA

Pros

KMMG is an awesome place to work. Great team, lots of career opportunities, extremely good benefits, etc. I have been at Kia for 7 years and have truly enjoyed working here.

Cons

Initially, I had a hard time adjusting to the Korean culture. However, I now enjoy learning about the Korean culture and have been given the opportunity to work on diverse teams.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2016-07-14
  4. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Specialist in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, excellent co-workers, and clean/new work environment

Cons

Location is out in the middle of nowhere

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2016-05-31
    • "Very nice place to work. Comfortable and easy to work with management."

Former Employee - Specialist in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Pros

Reasonable tasks set and very flexible environment

Cons

Less engineering related than what I wanted from employment.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2015-04-02

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Specialist in Lagrange, GA

Pros

Pay is great especially for the area. Management is easy going and is fairly hands off considering it is a manufacturing facility. No one in the plant makes less than $50,000/yr. and benefits are comparable or better than many companies in Georgia or surrounding states. OEMs standardly let employees off for a week at Christmas so that's a HUGE plus.

Cons

Rotating shifts every 4 weeks is tough but on the positive side you can get a lot of personal business handled without using PTO. This place is nowhere near civilization so expect to drive 40+ mins to work. Valley, Alabama is a joke and LaGrange is a crime infested slum. Civil residency can be found in Auburn, Al or Newnan, GA.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and proceed cautiously with new hires. I understand it is hard to find talent

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2015-03-20
    • "Great People, Not-so-great Culture"

Former Employee - Production Control Specialist in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia for less than a year

Pros

Pay is competitive People are honest, hard working and friendly I was put in a position of trust and immediate impact "Team" is the key there. They often took us to lunch, organized kickball and soccer games or other activities to help relieve stress. Benefits (free clinic for employees) are pretty great.

Cons

Culture is bland and hierarchical in nature, due to being Korean-oriented. Work schedule is tough and time off is hard to get unless your manager is friendly. Stress can be almost unbearable at times.

Advice to Management

Put some more color into the workplace. Everything is gray.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2015-02-24

"Reliant on exploitation of low-cost workers, lax labor laws"

Former Employee - Quality Specialist in West Point, GA

I worked at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunity for some of those in surrounding, impoverished community

Cons

High turnover in professional (engineering) positions and dilution of competence in technical and management positions. Integrity, professionalism, ethics not valued. Long hours and mandatory overtime. Very little cohesion between Korean and US management, leading to inconsistant decision making, and repetition of problems

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2013-08-01
    • "Good Hours; Paid every week; Family type atmosphere"

Current Employee - Welding Specialist in

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Pros

Good Hours; Paid every week; Family type atmosphere

Cons

Room for advandcement takes time

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2012-01-18