Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 8, 2019

Found 87 reviews

3.6
Hyun-Jong Shin
  1. "Assembly Line Worker"

Current Employee - Production Team Member in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Pros

Good pay with great health benefits and bonuses.

Cons

Rotating shifts are the worst. Every 30 days.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees who work on the line and not the upper management.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2015-03-18
  2. "I have enjoyed everything since day one."

Current Employee - Quality Control in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are great! Great workforce! Fast paced environment

Cons

The rotating shifts is a challenge. Not enough commutation between management and team members.

Advice to Management

A new pay progression for the future and a way to build pto days from Saturday work.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2015-02-25
  3. "No Potential Growth for Team Members, Engineers, Managers"

Current Employee - Team Member in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefit is great for sure, but other companies offer great benefit too. Food is fairly good and people are usually nice.

Cons

They offer certain number of vacation days, but it's difficult to have vacation when you want it. Usually, the upper management will decide if you can use your vacation on a specific time of the year. After giving a two-month notice about my vacation, I still felt like I was pressured to use my vacation earlier in the year. What's the point of giving vacation days if the upper management gets involved on this? I...

Advice to Management

Leaders lead by examples, not by authority. One of the managerial roles is to protect their employees, but not really have experienced that. We are not just a number of this company. If and only if KMMG values their employees, people will stay longer.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2014-09-20

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia Response

November 4, 2014manager

Thank you for your comments. Since each Team Member is important to our daily production, it is difficult to provide extensive time off in a manufacturing environment. We understand this is challenging work! Because our Team Members are our most important asset, we provide scheduled ...

"Rising Up out of Asia to be the Best in Quality, Value, and Dominate the Sales Market!"

Current Employee - Offline Repair in West Point, GA

Pros

Great Pay...Great Benefits(Health Insurance)....onsite Gym,Basketball Court, Soccer Feild, Medical, and Canteen.

Cons

Rotating Shifts can be hard on your family life but standard in the world of auto manufacuturing.

Advice to Management

Change to another supplier for Bumpers.

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2013-03-04
  5. "cool"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Pros

the pay is better than average, great benefits, and is close in proximity to a ton of recreational parks including west point lake

Cons

long hours are a drag, the assembly line process will have you on your feet all day, koreans make up a majority of management

Advice to Management

hire more local people, diversify your resume (majors) to make sure you acquire more well rounded employees, dont be so secretive

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2012-05-20

"Great place to work if you are single or an empty nester. IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY BEWARE!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA

I have been working at Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia

Pros

Great benefits and above average pay.

Cons

If you take personal days for ANYTHING you will be denied your regular raise. I am not exaggerating this if your child is sick and you call in one time or are late, you will have a "documented event" put in your file. Also most departments are seriously understaffed and employees are expected to do more work than one person can possibly complete SAFELY in a timely fashion. Equipment is horribly maintained and is very...

Advice to Management

Allow more flexibility for time off. Quit replacing Kia employees with lower wage people from Mallone staffing (they really don't care about quality) go to a fixed schedule. Hire enough people to do the job, and quit being so cheap! FIX BROKEN CARTS AND EQUIPTMENT!!! Someone is going to get killed

Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia2012-03-04