Kidder Mathews Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey S. Lyon

1. "Good Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

The office I worked for enjoyed strong leadership and good camaraderie. I could tell that the agents in the office got along well and knew also how to stay out of each other's way. I also enjoyed the culture and environment of the office. They don't take things too seriously but also know when to focus.

Cons

No major issues. One thing to note: since it is a relationship-focused business, cracking into it as a younger agent would require quality relationship building and good work, especially in an office of older, more experienced agents who generally have their "system" set up already.

"SFEWFEAFAE"

Current Employee - Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kidder Mathews full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, culture, benefits for the industry, and supportive working environment. Ability to work on bettering yourself and your credentials during downtime.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career progression. Slow-burn progression structure without a clear roadmap for your career. Original job description not neatly aligned with duties when in job.

Advice to Management

Become more aggressive at offering promotion and career advancement opportunities for outstanding employees.

"If you are ambitious or the lease bit professional, beware. Name-calling upon resignation."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kidder Mathews (Less than a year)

Pros

This was one of the least stressful positions in my ten year professional experience. Very laid back atmosphere. I have worked for several brokerage firms all over the country and this was the best group of brokers I have ever worked with.

Cons

The office is way overstaffed, so the marketing team is often bored with the lack of work to produce-thus time is spent drinking at their desks and playing music loudly. There is constant turnover in the department and little is done to determine why. I was overqualified, and perhaps should not have even been offered the job I held. I am too hard of a worker to enjoy working in this lazy, unprofessional environment. Do not accept a position at Kidder if you are a go-getter and want to feel accomplished - you will not be fulfilled at the end of your day. Upon announcing my resignation, management referred to me as "a brat," and suggested that I could not handle the job at hand - such a joke. It was also requested that my leaving be "kept quiet" from the company - turnover is high and it is embarrassing to lose a good worker.

Advice to Management

Take resignations more seriously. Consider why the constant turnover. Hire the appropriate people for the position. Graphic designers will not stay here - they will get bored of being tied to templates and not being allowed to use their talents and be creative. Create a more professional environment in which people can thrive. I understand "loving where you work," but you also need to be fulfilled with what you do with your day...for some drinking and browsing the internet for 8 hours is not enough. Stop over staffing so that the good workers you do have, have projects to work on.

"real estate broker"

Current Employee - Vice President in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Vice President in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kidder Mathews (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is represented by passionate and committed professionals with a common goal of excellence for our clients. The team shows up each and every day to give their best.

Cons

Opportunity exists in all disciplines here at Kidder Mathews including ones in Washington, Oregon, Arizona, Nevada and California. Cannot report any cons with this caring, growth minded company.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Stable employment; generally good, supportive people & culture

Cons

Growing pains. Workload sometimes very heavy. Fast paced environment. Supervisor sometimes disengaged.

Advice to Management

More training & career path opportunities. Post available positions internally to foster career growth.

"Great for Brokers terrible for Marketing Assistants"

Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kidder Mathews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some co-workers were truly enjoyable individuals. Slight ability to create a niche for yourself in the department. If you are an admin who just wants to enter data into flashy programs this could be an ok role but for people with a design background steer clear.

Cons

So this company has such a good rating because many of the people who work for the company are brokers (independent contractors) but for the actual employees of this company its terrible. While working there all I heard was constant complaining about the working conditions and expectations, many of my coworkers had times where they cried at their desk because of how they had been treated by brokers or other staff. There was a glaring lack of respect and appreciation from many of the brokers to the marketing staff (or just women in general). Most of the time it was a sleazy and unprofessional environment. There was no team mentality amongst the staff/marketing if something went wrong, you got yelled at unless you had a paper trail that would throw someone else under the bus. If you actually wanted to stay with the company there is no structure for upward mobility or promotions, there is one job title and you will pretty much stay the same unless you become an office manager - so someone who has been there 5 years will have the same title and general pay range as someone who was just hired. "Raises" barely keep up with inflation unless you threaten to quit and then they get desperate and offer you more money to stay.

Advice to Management

Create an environment that respects women more because the one that is in place is deplorable. Make a better structure for people in non-broker roles to be promoted instead of having them become stagnate and actually appreciate the people who keep your company running instead of squeezing as much as you can out of them.

8. "Amazing Company to work for"

Current Employee - Data Specialist in University Place, WA
    Current Employee - Data Specialist in University Place, WA

I have been working at Kidder Mathews (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid training, flexible and amazing benefits.

Cons

There are no cons IMHO.

"Property manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kidder Mathews full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomous work environment, good management

Cons

Third Party management is challenging due to current environment where properties sell two or three times in 5 years,.

Advice to Management

Need clearer paths for growth and promotion

"It's okay"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Kidder Mathews full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company Parties, Overall work environment

Cons

Pay, Training, Communication, Not paying for over-time

11. "Awesome Company!!!"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Kidder Mathews full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are second to none, great people to work with, easy access to upper level management!

Cons

I have no cons. This was a great place to work! I would go back in a heartbeat!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, Jeff!!!