Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics Reviews | Glassdoor

"Amazing"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

It's like family, great moral, values and above all you have a great support system. I love coming to work everyday knowing that i work with people that care about our patients and team members.

Cons

I do not have any cons i can think of at the moment it is a great pleasure to be apart of this amazing company.

Advice to Management

I want to thank everyone for being such a great influence and for sharing your experiences with me and not holding back on knowledge for wanting everyone to succeed.

Dec 8, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

We really appreciate all of the kind words about Kids Care Dental. Thank you for all that you do!

2. "Experienced leaders creating great teams"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With 5+ years of work experience, it's refreshing to be part of a company where one of the leadership's main goals is to foster a culture where employees can be recognized for their contributions, be mentally stimulated by their work and receive career growth opportunities within the company. It's apparent that employees (from all levels) really believe in the company mission and care about their work and patients. This makes Monday mornings sooo much better. Managers are smart, fun and respectful. They even participate in ongoing trainings -- normally it's just the newbies or younger employees who do trainings. I can go on and on about how this company is amazing but I'll just keep it brief:
    - All are committed to professional development
    - Managers welcome feedback and encourage transparency
    - Colleagues are team-oriented, committed and accountable
    - Gives back to the community and participates in many local events
    - Awesome work/life balance (work hard, play hard)
    - Company is goal-driven and business-minded
    - Exciting time to be part of the team
    - Diverse all around

Cons

This isn't really a con but the company is growing and becoming better so, naturally, changes have been made to outdated processes. This is important for all businesses that want to thrive and be at the top of their game.

Advice to Management

Keep implementing best practices for businesses. Know that employees are behind you, we depend on your expertise and want you to lead the way to a healthy company - internally and externally.

"This place is depressing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Pros

Coworkers are nice because we all have to get along to get everything done. What we have to get done however is more than a normal person should have to do while being told "No overtime!". I'd ask that if you expect 50 hours worth of combined work for the day to get done by 5 people you do some simple math and realize that it will require overtime. Pushing your employees to the brink is a horrible practice that's forced and encouraged. This was supposed to be a Pro but, take it for what it's worth

Cons

High stress, low pay, lack of flexibility, no respect for a personal life nor a work life balance. Communication from higher ups is either nonexistent or only a portion of it gets handed down. The portion that gets handed down is so dilated that not even the person telling you knows what they are saying. Massive amounts of confusion with a 'behind the scenes' ownership approach leaves many employees confused, eager to leave or scared for their position. The company has had a lot of people leave under the pretense that they willingly did so. Well, I was disgusted to find out that wasn't the case. The new higher ups let go some of the greatest people this company had ever known and then lied to us about it. Gave them all packages to keep quiet as not to disturb the "minions".

This place used to be ran very well with some great people and some great leaders. Moral was high and everyone was happy. This company has sold out big time for the sake of profits over people and it's truly saddening and disturbing.

I'd like to comment on the rating so I can justify my responses to them.

Career Opportunities - Nonexistent. There just isn't enough positions in the company to allow it. They've introduced this tier system for each position but it comes off as more of a method to make us think we are further in our career than we really are and will ever be allowed while employed here.

Compensation and Benefits - For being in a medical industry, our health care plan is horrible and very expensive. Compensation is below what I'd consider average for the amount we have to do and put up with.

Work/Life Balance - Also nonexistent. Schedules change often and you are forced to work weekends or different hours. Unless you like to get drunk with your coworkers after work, in an effort to compensate for all of the days stress, there really is no balance to be had.

Senior Management - I guess I couldn't tell you much. They seem like they care but finding out how they lied to everyone about terminating so many people all the while telling us, and force the ones leaving to say, that they were leaving on their own accord is despicable. Not sure how anyone is expected to trust anyone that's able to lie to the masses so easily.

Culture and Values - Each location is different but overall the patient experience is paramount and has been great. As for the company it really doesn't exist. Unless you personally reach out to others we are all treated as if we are an island of our own and only hear anything whenever something the higher ups disagree with.

Advice to Management

I wouldn't know where to start and honestly feel that I've wasted enough time telling my side of this story as is. I guess the best thing I could say is that you should stop forcing/"Encouraging" people to give positive reviews under the pretense that our livelihood is at stack if we don't. The reviews should be honest and truthful, not misleading to entice new blood into a company to replace those you so actively discard or fail to appreciate and hold on to.

Feb 10, 2017 – Talent Manager

Thanks for sharing your honest feedback. We take candid feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to write the review in such detail. Please know that we are actively involved in ... More

5. "Patient Coordinator"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for kids care dental! This is a great company and if you work hard you get promoted. I have actually seen many people recently get promoted from their current positions due to the hard work that they put in to their job. I've seen people from call-center promote to patient Coordinators, patient coordinator's become practice managers, and practice managers promote to higher leadership due to the dedication and the work that they've done to prove themselves. I've been with the company for a little over three years now and this is definatly a great company to be with. If you have any concerns and you address it with management they take care of their people.

Cons

Over the past eight months management has changed quite a bit, however, it has all been for the growth and improvement for the company. The company has actually gone in a very positive direction and I'm very fortunate to be working for this company. The changes were concerning, but it has all been a positive movement.

Advice to Management

If I were to say anything to management, just continue to listen to your employees as it continues to boost morale. Thank you for believing in me as an employee and giving me the opportunities that you've given my family.

Dec 8, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

We are so glad that you have had such a wonderful experience with us. Thank you for being understanding with all of the changes in our company.

6. "Dream job!!!"

Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Lodi, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Dental Assistant in Lodi, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

Love my job! I've been working @ Kids Care for over 7 years & have built amazing relationships w/ staff and with our awesome patients & their families. Positive work environment, understanding & motivational management, they promote from within, they encourage fun & patient care is their top priority!!! I've worked at several locations & all the offices are fabulous!

Cons

None that I've experienced over the past 7 years.

Dec 8, 2016 – Marketing Coordinator

We love to hear that your experience with us has been positive. Thank you for taking the time to write about Kids Care Dental.

"Don't Believe The Hype"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

Pros to working here are that you can get to know some cool people and the kids are sweethearts

Cons

Management and those employees striving to be managers. They get new employees to write great reviews but the fact is those employees will have moved into a more organized, better managed office within months of writing the review. Executive officers are so out of the loop and fail repeatedly because they don't know what really goes on in the offices.

Advice to Management

Get organized, be truthful, treat employees with respect and don't just fire people for no good reason.

Nov 15, 2016 – Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We’re happy to hear about your positive experiences with the team at Kids Care Dental. While we love receiving great reviews, we encourage our ... More

"Former doctor review"

Former Employee - Dentist in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Former Employee - Dentist in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends among the staff. As opposed to the management, a lot of the employees do actually care about children. You can pretty much take as much time off as you want (unpaid). Great stepping stone job for someone fresh out of dental school. Depending on your ethics, you can make a lot of easy money.

Cons

Everyone is expendable, including doctors. I didn't go to dental school to be threatened, abused, and taken advantage of by corporate greed. Upper management is very secretive. You only hear from them when the clinics aren't making enough money. Management will reply to this post but nothing is different after a change in CEO and his deplorable underlings. The culture and values are fake. They only care about money.

Advice to Management

1. Stop asking your employees to make fake reviews. It's a bad look and very obvious. 2. Treat the employees with some respect. It is not a good feeling to feel expendable. 3. Be honest.

Nov 15, 2016 – Talent Manager

Thanks for sharing your honest feedback. We are happy to hear you’ve made some great friends among the Kids Care Dental team. Please know that the company is under new leadership and we are actively ... More

"Dentist"

Current Employee - Dentist in Elk Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Dentist in Elk Grove, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working with the children. The back staff is amazing when not being controlled and left alone which isn't often. Management too controlling.

Cons

The management is unskilled and makes poor decisions. They use words like "hi friends" to cover up. Nobody is your friend here.

Advice to Management

Get out of it. Get some experienced skilled managers.

Oct 12, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Kids Care Dental. We value your perspective and are actively working to create an environment where our entire team can thrive. We are ... More

"PATIENT COORDINATOR"

Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Coordinator in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

Fun place where the focus is really on the kiddos. Great flow in our office and teamwork. In the last couple years I've seen major improvements in the benefits and we feel more valued. Dental and ortho is free! Great company party, the last 2 years have been the best ever.

Cons

Better health coverage for families. Working Saturdays still stinks.

Advice to Management

Since I've worked here we have had 3 CEO's and rotating management. Our new area manager is controlling and only listens to the back office not the front. The only top management that I see ever is human resources - which we love - but why doesn't anybody else visit?

Sep 8, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to business at Kids Care Dental is our commitment to not only our patients, but to our employees. We are constantly ... More

11. "FUN"

Current Employee - Rda in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Rda in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Kids Care Dental & Orthodontics (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great comradery! Amazing dentists that are doing the right thing! I'm in the dental field & get to work on kids all day. Love my co-workers.

Cons

It gets busy- but that's a good thing, I get bored if its slow.

Advice to Management

More parties like our dinner/dance- black & white themed party that we just had!

Sep 8, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We love to hear that your experience with us has been wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Kids Care Dental.