Kids II Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan T. Gunnigle

Pros
  • The CEO and CEO are great people and will treat you like a human being instead of a number (in 10 reviews)

• Fun work environment that allows you to be yourself and unleash your inner kid (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The workload can be overwhelming at times which can interfere with work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• There's a lot of turnover but the company is constantly evolving for the better (in 5 reviews)

1. "Overall great experience"

I worked at Kids II full-time

Pros

Kids II had a great culture and departments become like your family. Loved being in an office filled with creativity and of course, filled with toys!

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen in many departments, Kids II went through some growing pains but are starting to settle some I think

Advice to Management

Let your employees feel empowered and motivated to actually go above and beyond. You started to do this, but then still made people feel like it didn't matter or wouldn't go anywhere because of how many things would get shut down. Be more open-minded and flexible

"Not that great"

Current Employee - Assistance Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistance Teacher

I have been working at Kids II full-time

Pros

Good staff , paid holiday

Cons

Less people for coverage

3. "A great Place to work if your a team player"

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at KidsII full time. Overall it is an excellent place to work and the people, culture and product make it special. However you have to buy into the system. If your an individual who wants to do it your way, while your encouraged to think outside the box and bring creative ideas, you are an employee of the company and management may take you places you are not inclined to want to go. However if your a team player and your recognize the company needs your help in an area that you may not want to go, eventually your efforts and dedication will pay off. Overall this is an excellent place to work. While many complain about the leadership, I find the executive team to be passionate about success and about their employees. I also see many folks complain about leadership in so many ways here but honestly they care, they do listen and in the end you need to be a team player. That is not for everyone for sure. I left and as I reflect back it was something I should have realized,( I was not willing to be a team player, so I learned and I miss that place alot. There were so many more great things i did not realize until i left. So consider the fact the fact that the grass is always greener but this grass is very green itself.
    1.Benefits
    2. Culture
    3. Great co workers
    4. Great Work Environment
    5. Great Product
    6. Passionate leadership

Cons

1. Trying to grow to fast without fixing some internal issues first
    2. A lot of turnover
    3. work life balance

5. "Kids II"

Former Employee - Voice/Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Voice/Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people, the office setting, the people we ultimately worked for... The Kids!!!

Cons

If I don't have anything positive to say then I don't say anything..

Advice to Management

Thank you for the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic movement! Thank you very much

"Great Place to Work"

Pros

Beautiful office (some of the best views of Atlanta you can find), parking space in the middle of Buckhead, excellent benefits, casual dress code. Coffee, fruit, and bagels available for free in the office. Flexible scheduling allows for a great work-life balance. Competitive pay. Mostly young, energetic, very friendly and inclusive group of people to work with, on top of being knowledgable and experienced in their fields. Off-site company activities several times a year as well as in-office learning opportunities and the freedom to attend relevant conferences.

New employees are hired on both skill and how well they fit into the culture. If you can't deliver on your job or you're an excessive jerk, you won't last.

I compare this job with other professionals in my field and I have it really great here. My particular role also offers a lot of creative freedom and the opportunity to work on multiple, various projects.

Cons

There are some negative reviews on this site and a more than necessary amount of complaining that takes place in the office. If you can avoid the gossip and negative talk, actually learn to think for yourself and not just share the opinions of others because they're "cooler than you", or have been here a long time, or are jaded, I think anyone can see that this company is a great place to work.

There's a lot of turnover but the company is constantly evolving for the better. If you're passionate and committed to your job and this company, you'll find a reason to stay. A lot of people jump ship because they're scared - it's a business.

Honestly this company is a pretty sweet deal. Believe me - others think so too, they just get caught up in the negative.

Advice to Management

I think there need to be a lot more open conversations with employees to start fixing some of the internal issues we face. It's obvious we can produce great product, we need to prove to the internal teams that their opinions are heard and, more importantly, valued. A lot has already been done to improve but we seem to stay in the same place of jadedness.

Unfortunately some of the upper management positions are filled with "great speakers" instead of "great leaders", which at the end of the day gets us nowhere. The true talent and inspiration comes from the non-management employees. A lot of our high-position holders have a lot of things to say that are simply...things to say. Not inspiring, not progressive. This isn't true about all of the managers or all the execs, of course, but it's disappointing when you see it. For the managers and execs that are passionate and taking the time to care for your employees, you pull a lot more weight than you know and are likely a lot more respected than you realize.

"Fun job, minus the nepotism"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The actual work is enjoyable, many people are very friendly. The toy and packaging departments are close knit and a fun bunch.

Cons

If you're not friends with the right people you may get passed up for opportunities. Dress is "casual" but if you are female there is an unwritten expectation to be pretty fashionable.

Advice to Management

There is a deep lack of trust in upper management, everyone is too scared to complain about things that are bothering them.

8. "I love this company!"

I have been working at Kids II full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great. I've only been there a short time, but this job is fantastic. I love the opportunities that are available and how they care for you to succeed. We also make top of the line products

Cons

There are people that seem to want to throw other people under the bus rather than working towards a common goal.

Advice to Management

I have no advice for management. They have all the right people in place. I'm excited for the direction of Kids II.

"Really?"

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some really great people... decent benefits.

Cons

Too many Chiefs... Everybody wants to be the "BOSS" and half of them don't have a clue how to manage employees. :(
    I have seen longtime employees fired for "having an opinion" and those employees took with them a lot of knowledge. These newbies have no idea what they are in for.

Advice to Management

Walk around and talk to your employees. They are the people who are driving and keeping your company afloat. You HR team thinks it can boost morale through intimidation... NOT!!!

10. "Great place to work"

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Former employee. A lot of bad reviews for the company and fake reviews but if it's green, I'll say it's green and blue is blue.

The company located in a beautiful building with lots of place to enjoy nice panorama of buckhead. There's a great break room and play room as well. Free bagel on certain special days.

The CEO and CEO are great people and will treat you like a human being instead of a number. They would know you by name. Most managers are qualified and have different styles of managing people (mine's perfect). It is a flexible work environment which is good for employees with family or young kids.

Overall, a great place to work.

Cons

A lot of turnover in a year I was there. Some being let go and some left voluntarily.

In contrast to the company's 21st century and beautiful building, some computers,especially the monitor, urgently needed to be replaced :). Systems are slow and hard to understand. Data are scattered and unorganized. Basic reports are not easy to get. Not really bad but it could be better.

Pay is a little lower for a company located in buckhead. Parking is limited. It could take as long as 10 to 15 minutes to get in or out of parking. No work from home policy for non management except senior employees.

Advice to Management

Reduce the turnover.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Consumer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consumer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kids II full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pros is that I was able to leave with a better outlook on the future.

Cons

I stayed too long management and diversity is nonexistent in certain departments Consumer Experience is an example of that. Supervisor is a backstabbing you know kisser

Advice to Management

Get some knowledge of Business and management skills