KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kids Quest

Engaged Employer

Kids Quest

Add a Review

Kids Quest Employee Reviews about "casino"

Updated Oct 19, 2020

Found 4 of over 57 reviews

3.1
Kids Quest CEO Troy Dunkley (no image)
Troy Dunkley

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some of the kids and some of the coworkers were great(in 5 reviews)
  • "Play with kids and be a kid! Flexible hours and great co(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kids Quest and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "casino"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

There are never two days the same. Fun and rewarding place to be employed.

Sep 17, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The staff gets paid to play, who can say that at their job? You get good benefits and pay. You can create a fun, safe environment for the little guests that you can take with you to future endeavors.

Cons

Dealing with the casino guests and its environment has its issues. Definitely not banker hours, but flexible schedules. Having to deal with intoxicated guests is no walk in the park.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Kids Quest Response

Director of Human Resources and Compliance

Kids Quest is a fast-paced work environment--but it's fun getting paid to play! So happy to hear that you enjoy your time at the center every day!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Fun college job

Oct 19, 2020 - Teammate in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Good job for college students Opportunities for raises and promotions Fun environment Short shifts No shoes required Get to play with kids and be goofy Holidays are fun if you have to work them

Cons

Sometimes hours were super limited if the business was not doing well (fluctuated depending on school schedule) Could be physically exhausting if not everyone is being a team player Hard to get holidays off Different work schedule each week Lot of complaining from staff in my experience Casino environment Parents often unable to pay or were drunk and rude Depending on how many kids are in the center, you might stay late pretty often or go home way too early if you are working in the AM Being stuck in the tiny tot room with five tots is a horrible feeling if you don't have support or help from your lead and coworkers, or if the night is crazy busy You will feel underpaid

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good summer job, but barely.

Jun 10, 2013 - Teammate in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

if you love kids or want to pursue anything with kids or you are a babysitter trying to find a legit job it is very useful in gaining experience.

Cons

they don't hire men for their in casino locations, they say they don't discriminate but even my supervisor would tell me when guys came in for interviews that we'd never see them. your hours aren't promised, you constantly work hours past your scheduled time off. and sometimes you have to wait to clock in, and breaks aren't promised either and trust me, this is the type of jjob you need a break with. you wont get a steady number of hours. they rarely hire full-time for this reason. but they will give you 40+ hours in the summer even though you are hired as part-time. it is based off number of kids who are in the center. you get called in on off days constantly and are expected to answer. sure you can say no, but how does that look with your supervisors and manager?

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good chance to get experience with childcare and customer service.

Apr 12, 2014 - Teammate in Montville, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working here for over a year, when I was eighteen years old. It was a great chance to get professional experience in childcare with ages six weeks old to twelve years old. Because of this job, I was able to get better babysitting and nannying jobs later. When I first started this job, I had a good boss and a good team to work with. I was well trained.

Cons

Working in childcare at a casino brings two kinds of difficult together. You deal with unreliable, sometimes belligerent parents. Our schedule is wildly unpredictable because everything depends on ratio. For every ten children, we need one staff member on the floor (not including those up front at the desk), and one for every four tiny tots. At any given time, there could be anywhere from 10 to 140 children and babies. You could be schedule to work from 6pm to 11pm, but you may be needed from 4pm to 1am, or just 7pm to 10pm, or not at all. On your day off, you may called in because it's extremely busy, and if you say no, you better have a real reason. We're obligated to work holidays, and of course, nights and weekends. You may unexpectedly work a very long shift- which (with over a hundred children) can be extremely tiring and stressful. Morale declines quickly in this kind of work place- it's a chain reaction. In my opinion, however great this business may seem on paper, children are just not meant to be cared for en mass in this way.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Kids Quest Response

Director of Human Resources and Compliance

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you feel that working at Kids Quest was a good place to gain experience in working with children. Please understand that every point you shared is given to our corporate team for discussion. Staffing for the business we are in is predicated on traffic trends and as much as we try, sometimes we still experience unanticipated fluctuations that require increased or decreased number of teammates on the floor. Whenever possible, we want to accommodate families who depend on us for child care and that requires some flexibility of our staff to meet that demand. Thank you for being one of those teammates who went the extra mile! It did not go unnoticed!

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews