KidsPeace Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
William R. Isemann

Pros
  • Loved my job and the people I worked with (in 5 reviews)

• The associates working at KidsPeace are very talented and caring people dedicated to helping kids, adults and families (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • working weekends and holidays, low pay (in 8 reviews)

• They say no raises in 8 years, and kids are getting more violent than when they first started working there (in 7 reviews)

1. "very ok"

Pros

multi-tasked job-never bored.Always on the go.Between all of our campus sites.There is always a problem that needs to be solved.

Cons

salary is not up to local standards. All the work that is required of me constantly on a daily. i a under payed . In the last four years the only thing I have received is a 2% paycut.

Advice to Management

Communiction,lack of support.Need the cell phone back.The old radio never work when there is a emergency.E.P.P. / On call pay. EPP is always overtime pay the on call pay is not.Holiday no overtime until after working a full 40 hour week.Epp is overtime no matter what.The on call is for emergencys also?

2. "Treatment Team Supervisor"

Pros

Great team work. Rewarding and energizing work that improved the odds of at risk children by offering treatment.

Cons

Highly stressful environment that is mentally taxing.

3. "KidsPeace Georgia Cares"

Current Employee - Child Care Counselor in Bowdon, GA
    Current Employee - Child Care Counselor in Bowdon, GA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Support of local leadship, hiring from within, encourages employees to report concerns/problems internally or externally, focuses on safety, always looking to improve their services, associates support one another

Cons

Over regulated by the State, Wages low due to state reimburements, no retirement plan, some youth need high level of care

Advice to Management

Need a raise, need retirement plan that company contributes, need more activities on campus,

4. "BSC"

Pros

Great training opportunities, Great supervision

Cons

Must have flexibility in schedule to see clients

5. "Good company, sometimes!"

Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Bethlehem, PA
    Current Employee - Youth Care Worker in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for full time employees.

Cons

Low pay for entree level positions

Advice to Management

Raise the entry level job salaries

6. "Extemely busy with opportunities to broaden my skill set from every angle."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Flexible schedule
    Countless training opportunities
    Great employee benefits
    Networking networking networking
    Working with a great team!!
    Did I mention the learning opportunities? They really are endless.

Cons

Sometimes we get in our own way. We are so focused on doing the right thing for our clients that we could be better served when we step back and just breathe.

Advice to Management

Hold everyone accountable for their actions or lack thereof.

7. "An organization with an established track record of helping children in crisis"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Allentown, PA

I have been working at KidsPeace full-time

Pros

KidsPeace has more than 130 years of history backing up its services. The name says it all -- we strive to bring peace to kids and their families by offering top-notch behavioral and mental health care. If you want to work in a field where you truly feel you are making a positive difference in the lives of children in need, this is the place for you. It won't always be easy, but it will be rewarding. Many associates have worked their way up the ranks through the years from direct care to the administrative side of the business.

Cons

Nonprofits are not known for their rich compensation packages, although KidsPeace is actually at a higher tier than some smaller nonprofit organizations. The organization is large, with a continuum of services spanning 10 states, so there is sometimes a disconnect between people in different locations because of the fast-paced nature of the day-to-day jobs.

Advice to Management

Find little ways to thank employees, even if funds are not available for large monetary rewards.

"life-changing job"

Pros

making a positive change in the kids' lives, the coworkers, you feel appreciated

Cons

working weekends and holidays, low pay

"Mental Health Tech II"

Former Employee - Mental Health Technician II in Orefield, PA
    Former Employee - Mental Health Technician II in Orefield, PA

Pros

Being able to see a difference in the life of a child that you are helping. Other pros-the people you get to work with everyday are excellent-they have your back and you need to have theirs. Training is par to none.

Cons

Too much favoritism shown. Feels like high school at times with the gossip. Upper management-corporate doesn't care about employees at all. They go on firing sprees to save money and get rid of good tenured staff. They tell you to write staff up for things the staff hasn't done and then threaten your job if you don't comply. Company has its core value of hope, help, and healing to children, family, and communities-but does not really care about that. They are money hungry. Kids on flakka-cops can't contain them-they sure as hell don't belong there. Benefits are ok-cover a lot, but high deductibles and 30% co-insurance. Should be cheaper with the amount of employees you have.

Company went bankrupt in 2008 and pulled all its money out of its employees 401k's that they had matched. And they're bankrupt again as of 2016.

Advice to Management

If you give raises, make sure they're fair across the board. Someone with 6 months experience shouldn't be making more than someone with 14 years experience.

Pay your staff what they're worth, give a damn about their well being. Don't take kids that belong in jail. Staff are not properly trained in PPCT, some are former cops, but not everyone.

In a nut shell make your staff feel important, you did a survey almost a year ago. Most of the people that did it you have fired for no reason other than trying to make your company on what it was originally based. Hope, help, and healing for children, families, and communities. the founding father I'm sure is rolling in his grave to see the destruction you all have caused.

10. "CSI"

Current Employee - Csi in Bowdon, GA
    Current Employee - Csi in Bowdon, GA

I have been working at KidsPeace (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff very helpful when training

Cons

None everything has been good

Advice to Management

None