Kim Graham & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kim Graham

1. "Progressive and Creative Company"

Current Employee - Account Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Account Director in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kim Graham & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Friendly co-workers - very collaborative and team-oriented; we work hard, but also have fun while doing so
    * Senior management acts more as mentors vs "bosses" - lots of regular feedback and open communication
    * Lots of interesting clients - no two days are alike, so if you like variety, you'll definitely get it here
    * Very strategy-oriented and creative - coming from a traditional PR firm, I have learned lots working here about non-traditional PR and digital media; has made me a more well-rounded PR professional
    * Amazing location close to St. Lawrence Market - lots of options for lunch, and on Thursdays, the company offers catered lunch to staff members - a great perk
    * Summer office hours
    * Flexibility to work from home

Cons

* The open-concept environment can make it difficult to concentrate at times, but because we have flexibility to work remotely those that need a quieter space can work from home
    * Parking in the area can get expensive if you drive

2. "A growing team with great culture"

I have been working at Kim Graham & Associates full-time

Pros

Kg&a is a growing company that focuses on hiring smart, passionate, and kind people. With an open office environment, collaboration is encouraged, and regularly scheduled brainstorms fuel the team’s creativity. There’s great opportunity for growth within the company, and team members truly care about culture and values as is evident by the work produced.

Cons

As with any company that is quickly expanding, there are growing pains associated with that. Management and operations need to support that growth. Kg&a is, however, doing a good job at ensuring that the two are keeping pace.

3. "Creative and career building"

I worked at Kim Graham & Associates full-time

Pros

My time at kg&a was incredibly valuable to my career. I developed skills in media relations that you would rarely be able to develop through either professional courses or employment in large corporations. During my time there, I was able to develop creative event marketing campaigns, communications strategies and earned media pitches -- regardless of your position, you will be able to be involved in strategy and almost every element of the campaign.

Because the agency is dedicated to the idea of doing nothing by textbook, you’ll be expected to work really hard, but you’ll be also build a portfolio of highly-unique and successful campaigns.

The office is beautiful and expansive in a restored heritage building and the team is incredibly friendly, which lends to a casual and inviting environment.

Cons

While the agency’s anti-textbook approach fosters creativity, it can also feel ambiguous and means that there’s a steep learning curve.

"Disorganized and stressful work environement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Kim Graham & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling.
    Great rooster of clients.

Cons

Management was very disorganized, lacked empathy, spoke badly of employees & clients, both past and present creating a hostile work environment.

"All talk no practice"

I worked at Kim Graham & Associates full-time

Pros

Interesting projects.
    Flexible work schedule.
    Opportunity for creativity.

Cons

Disorganized.
    Hostile work environment.
    Incredibly unprofessional environment.
    Little to no understanding of pr practice or ethics from management.
    Passive-aggressive behavior passed down from management to team
    Management encourages office politics by bad-mouthing staff and clients to anyone who will listen.

Advice to Management

No advice - it's a sinking ship.

"Abusive."

Former Employee - Former Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Kim Graham & Associates full-time

Pros

They'll hire people with little to no experience, so if you're desperate for a gig fresh out of school your odds are pretty good.

Cons

Literally everything else. Complete and utter lack of: organization, training, company culture. Competition between employees seemingly encouraged.

Advice to Management

I don't think there is anything that can be done to fix this company as long as it is under current management, bad decisions are seemingly the only ones ever made.

8. "Satisfying and stimulating"

Current Employee - Publicist in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Publicist in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Kim Graham & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am so proud to be part of the quality of publicity work and brand consulting that comes out of that office. Work culture promotes creative thinking, sharing of ideas and group brainstorming, but also highly values independent work ethic. Hand picked team - everybody brings complementing strengths and skill sets to the table. Good chemistry between colleagues. Playful and bright work environment with both Mac and PC options. There is lots of flexibility and opportunity for career growth - employees have the opportunity to shape their jobs.

Cons

Open concept office sometimes makes it challenging to focus.

"Disorganized and stressful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Kim Graham & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You'll never be bored - there's so much to do and not enough people to do it
    - Junior employees seem to get a lot of experience in a short amount of time

Cons

- Complete lack of organization
    - No employee appreciation
    - No company culture
    - Lots of unpaid overtime
    - Little to no training (resulting in lack of employee trust and lots of micromanaging)
    - Not a positive learning environment
    - Still no office computers after 2+ years of being a company (have to use personal laptops)

Advice to Management

- Contract an office manager strictly for organizational and administrative tasks
    - An effort needs to be made to satisfy employee needs - provide them with the tools they need to do their job *efficiently*
    - A "we value you and want to keep you" mentality should be adopted over the "everyone has to pay their dues" mentality