Kimball Electronics Reviews | Glassdoor

Don Charron

1. "Short time there"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at Kimball Electronics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most of the employees are nice to work with and perform their job well. Many employees have been there a long time so they have seen it all.

Cons

Schedule is not very flexible, you start to feel like a robot after a while. Other then that it is not so bad if you don't mind a very repetitive schedule.

Advice to Management

Adjust culture of engineering to attract more talent. Hard to get changes implemented because everyone likes to keep doing things the same way.

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

I worked at Kimball Electronics (More than a year)

Pros

This company is top notch. From Management on down they care about their people and their customers. They always strive to do the right thing.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"Feels great when all the efforts begin to pay off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time

Pros

Continually improving in every area you can think of
    Management's way of treating everyone with respect, all situations are considered and different options are provided to help employees in any way they can

Cons

Some employees just don't care - management has done a good job of removing most of these people but there are a few left that think the place owes them something
    For a couple of years the bonys plan didn't pay well - finally the plan is paying high percentages and headquarters is committed to making sure bonuses stay high

Advice to Management

Continue to remove those people that are negative cancer grows fast. People should be thankful to have a job

5. "Good company with room to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jasper, IN

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is never a dull day. For those that want more than just punching a time clock and putting in your time, this is the place to be. Good growth strategy. Everyone is friendly and seems to want to achieve the goals set. Turnover is very low.

Cons

Benefits are average. Some individuals could be better qualified for their positions. Jasper is not the most welcoming to newcomers. This isn't necessarily something Kimball can fix, but it does factor into your decision to re-locate here.

Advice to Management

Find the right talent for key positions and don't settle. Look at the current bonus program and re-scale it to better reward those plants that are performing.

"Great place to work"

Pros

I worked as a production worker out of the Jasper plant. Great people to work with and a great environment to work in. Very clean and comfortable. All the jobs are easy to pick up no matter what department you work in. Everyone is very friendly and open. I felt like I could talk to anyone there if I had a problem, from my supervisor all the way up to the president of the company. Great guy by the way. Good benefits package as well.

Cons

I never worked as a production worker before but it's terrible what you get paid as a production worker. Some of the workers who have been there 10, 15, 20 years is making the same as someone who's been there for six months. Sure anyone, and I mean anyone can do these jobs but it would be nice if there was more room for pay advancement.

Advice to Management

When hiring within, don't make "talking in front of large crowd's" a requirement. How often is that required anyway? I see the same speakers speak at each and every meeting.

7. "Professional"

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time

Pros

Open and honest environment.
    Values reliability and experience and offers opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Nothing really to say here. Busy environment; unreliability is not tolerated.

8. "Family Atmosphere"

I have been working at Kimball Electronics full-time

Pros

Autonomous, Fast moving Environment. Ability to make an impact and changes to processes. Lean/Six Sigma environment. People care about each other. Flexible.

Cons

Not enough resources to cover the work from an engineering perspective.

9. "A great experience"

Former Employee - Order Enter Coordinator in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Order Enter Coordinator in Reynosa, Tamaulipas (Mexico)

I worked at Kimball Electronics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the Company is well known in the manufacturing field, highly competitive, friendly and respectful job environment.

Cons

Staff and Managers need to encourage personal growth & development in the workers, motivate individuals for don't let the company.

Advice to Management

Promote update curses for all areas. interchage ideas and personal with oher plants of the same organization.