Kimberly-Clark Reviews in Neenah, WI | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kimberly-Clark Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Falk
Tom Falk

Cons

1. "Solid company and environment"

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer II in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Packaging Engineer II in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good co-workers at KC, great brands

Cons

Not a whole lot of complaints

"Planning"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, medical plans ok, company very involved in the community in a positive way

Cons

Company ego centric and tends to promote only certain types. Lots of great people are held back from jobs they are qualified for based on Team Leader opinion and recommending that they don't apply for a variety of reasons. If upper management were aware of how often this goes on I don't think they would be happy. Only 4% match on 401k. Lots of great employees but the few who are "headstrong" are not dealt with and continue to bully to get their way. Claim to have work life balance as a priority but there is no consideration of this at the tactical levels.

Advice to Management

Upper management and HR needs to become more involved with the processes that can be detrimental to peoples upward movement and get in tune with what is really going on. It might surprise them (upper management and HR) as to the reality of what is happening. Culture of Accountability doesn't exist and needs to be reinforced if this is truly what the company wants. It needs accountability at all levels and its not happening. The company has a track record of introducing change that it never truly embraces. Its been three years and there is little to no change for the culture, people still go straight to managers to complain while not giving people a chance to hear about it before it goes to that level. I have seen many good people leave because of situations like this, people who have been well promoted and who hold experiences that the company should value.

"Job title is not indicative of area of profession."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture is fantastic. Freedom in my org is wonderful. Love the flexibility and the robust amount of tasks. Come work here!

Cons

Work/ role responsibility very fragmented. Leadership often says one thing and does another. Resourcing can be an issue that is often ignored or shrugged off by leaders.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Opinions are often ignored, and leadership narrative constantly trumps ideas and logic of people who actively participate in day to day operations.

5. "Excellent people and products..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful people, culture of accountability, and challenging work make this organization a destination.

Cons

Opportunities for both functional and regional collaboration. Slow decision making at times, and opportunity to provide more transparent communication.

6. "Product Development Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Neenah, WI
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. Managers were helpful and involved. I greatly enjoyed this co-op experience. I felt challenged in my role and was able to work on meaningful projects,

Cons

Coming in to work I did not have projects right off the bat. Would have liked to have had a more defined role and plan for my entire term coming in.

Advice to Management

Management should keep up the good work. Managers were very approachable and had an open door policy. As a co-op I felt very safe and welcomed with my new ideas.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Planning Specialist in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Planning Specialist in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very respectful place to work, great career development.

Cons

More transparency on staffing decisions.

Advice to Management

Help your employees develop their skills - it will pay off immensely.

"Human Resources"

Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

K-C was an awesome place to work. My coworkers and bosses were great. K-C is very community oriented and the leaders of the company are authentic and have very strong integrity even in difficult situations. I really enjoyed the fact that everyone I worked with was wicked smart and really fun to work with.

Cons

Work/life balance seemed very dependent on role and manager. I personally found my schedule to be flexible and really enjoyed the summer hours (half day Friday's in the summer).

Advice to Management

Continue to stay in touch with what employees are saying and keep up the high standards of integrity.

9. "Short term Co-op student term."

Former Employee - Co-Operative Education Student Worker in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Co-Operative Education Student Worker in Neenah, WI

I worked at Kimberly-Clark (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest employers in the Fox Cities. Has proximity to Green Bay. They know what they're doing with forest products. They are mindful of continuing improvement and innovation. They have good pilot plant facilities and coordination with production. Central management very close to most locations and interacts well.

Cons

Fox Cities are relatively remote from major city centers MSP and Chicago. Could have better intersection between departments apart from safety program.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Engineering Co-Op in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pros of working at kimberly clark are vast. At kimberly clark we have very flexible working conditions and the co-op program is very progressive. We also have summer hours which is so much fun!!

Cons

Some people are not fond of the location, but because I am from the area, I don't mind. Also, the pay is a bit less than other engineering co-op positions. Which is a real shame.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that management interacts more with co-ops so they can really, truly see how to interact with their future employees and employers. This would really help a lot, in my opinion.

11. "Perfect for me!"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Neenah, WI

I have been working at Kimberly-Clark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am able to drive my career while balancing my family. Great team members and that "family feel".

I am also given creative freedom to run and design many different marketing and shopper programs.

Love our leadership team!

Cons

Lack of new hire training process for off cycle hires, but other than that I can't think of anything else they should work on.

Advice to Management

Formalize a marketing training similar to GMU, but hold once a month.