Kimberton Waldorf School Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "An amazing place."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kimberton, PA

I have been working at Kimberton Waldorf School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Dean of School is a solid leader and is the right person for the job. The Board of Trustees really cares about the success and the sustainability of the school. There are no other schools that education children as well as Waldorf schools do, and KWS is the second-oldest Waldorf school in North America. It has a long history of graduating amazing people.

Cons

There is always more work that can be done, and that can feel overwhelming. The pay is low for the amount of work that is expected.

2. "Supportive, family friendly environment"

Former Employee - Various in Kimberton, PA
    Former Employee - Various in Kimberton, PA

I worked at Kimberton Waldorf School part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kimberton Waldorf lives what they preach. They teach the children to be a part of a wholistic community, and their employees are as central to their community as the parents and administration. While at many private schools, being a "teacher's kid" may be looked down upon, at Kimberton the children themselves see it as those parent/teachers and their kids as being intimately connected to the community. In my years variously as an employee, volunteer, and parent, I've always felt embraced and respected equally.

Cons

The school isn't big enough to support many full-time positions with benefits, outside the core administration and the core teaching staff. This causes a lot of turnover - not drama laden turnover, just people moving on to more practical options. I would gleefully go back to work for Kimberton, but for pesky things like health benefits.

Advice to Management

Find ways to improve employee retention. I loved working for you, and I believe everyone I worked with did too. But short hours and no benefits isn't sustainable for most people. The entire school, children and coworkers alike, would benefit from more consistency and retained knowledge.

3. "Kindergarten Assistant"

Former Contractor - Kindergarten Assistant in Phoenixville, PA
    Former Contractor - Kindergarten Assistant in Phoenixville, PA

I worked at Kimberton Waldorf School as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with great teachers and being around children. Going on walks with the kids, being outside. Organic food.

Cons

No benefits, some days it rains or is snowing. Not a con in my book but for some it might be.

4. "Caring for Children"

Former Employee - Private Teacher in Kimberton, PA
    Former Employee - Private Teacher in Kimberton, PA

I worked at Kimberton Waldorf School part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring for children in a great environment and with a great curriculum preschool through elementary school. Varied curriculum for high school. Community support when members are in need.

Cons

Small private schools generally do not have the financial resources nor amenities of larger, public schools. Uncertainty of employment. Desire to keep teachers/employees not always possible because of financial concerns. Some long-term employees are reduced to part time employment, unfortunately.

Advice to Management

"Is it Waldorf or is it us?" Although, it has improved of late, staying with old ways of doing things is not necessarily the best way. Adherence to the Curriculum is important, but staying current for needs of community is important.

5. "private school"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kimberton, PA

Pros

philosophy of education to believe in

Cons

private school salary range low

Advice to Management

Management philosophy fluctuates with different years and different parents. Current management seems to be working the best way compared to past years of some poor management practices.