Kimco Realty Administrative Assistant Reviews | Glassdoor

Conor C. Flynn
  1. "Very flexible"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Rosemont, San Diego, CA

I worked at Kimco Realty full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very flexible hours and casual dress.

Cons

Cannot think of anything at this time.

Kimco Realty2019-05-15

"Poor Management"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Timonium, MD

I have been working at Kimco Realty full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Love the company and staff. Great place to work.

Cons

There should be systems in place that everyone has to follow, including Management.

Advice to Management

During recent cuts, positions were eliminated. In the future Company should consider eliminating those employees that are costing them money by lack of productivity. Especially those that are in management or those with obvious issues that should be addressed to ensure the moral of the office. Ignoring issues, while letting go of those that are an asset, will eventually cause a large concern.

Kimco Realty2014-05-27

"I wasted over a year of my life working here..."

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Kimco Realty full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bragging rights to say you work for a publicly traded company. My annual bonus was 7.5% of my salary which is better than average. They pay 90% of employee health insurance and it is a good plan.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard. Work load is unrealistic. As a PM you are responsible for 12 shopping centers. This should be a team of 5, but they expect one person to do it all with one (low paid) assistant. They expect you to use the company issued Blackberry (yuk!) and be on call 24-7. Tenants hate Kimco because there is no customer service. Tenants call and yell at you because they are frustrated and upset. I never...

Advice to Management

Need positive roll models, a mentor program and healthy environment so people can learn and advance job responsibilities. Need to be recognized for being an outstanding employee with an annual review and a bonus. Need constructive feedback on job performance. Pay needs to reflect the cost of living where your office is located.

Kimco Realty2013-10-03
  4. "Vista, CA office is a nice place to work"

Former Employee - Temporary Administrative Assistant in Vista, CA

I worked at Kimco Realty for less than a year

Pros

As a temporary administrative worker, I was given direction and support as well as independence to do my work. The staff is professional and friendly. Upper management is accessible and recognizes your performance. The female staff have bonded through lunchtime on-site yoga classes. Keurig coffeemaker with a variety of tea & coffees is a nice perk.

Cons

Could use more computer equipment. Heavy amounts of paperwork to be processed.

Advice to Management

See if you can streamline the paperwork and get more IT equipment on site.

Kimco Realty2013-08-01
  5. "Kimco is a nice place to work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Kimco Realty

Pros

They offer great benefits to full time employees. Good medical, dental and other perks. Medical insurance here is well subsidized by the company. Your payments for your premiums are low-even for the whole family

Cons

The salary could be higher. I believe there should be more opportunity to advance in the company. You usually start off with the company as a temporary employee, then hope that there is an opening to move to permanent status. When you're a full time employee, you are then eligible to receive a wide variety of benefits. The New York employees seem to have more perks than the other branches across the country.

Advice to Management

they need to be more involved with the day to day operations and see what's going on

Kimco Realty2008-10-19