Cover image for Kimley-Horn

87% Approve of CEO
4.0
Kimley-Horn CEO 	Steve Lefton
Steve Lefton

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kimley-Horn and is not affected by filters.

4.7Asian (13)
4.2Black or African American (5)
4.2Hispanic or Latinx (35)
3.6White (108)

Raleigh, NC
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people and management are amazing. They all work very hard to help you succeed and learn in your position.

Cons

none the people are great

2. Any referrals for any civil engr opportunities? I have 1.5 YOE (new grad-ish) proficient in microstation, and I want to focus on solar/renewables/substation engineering. I have interned at Kimley Horn and CTA and would love to discuss more. I’m not happy at my job due to management issues.

11 comments

Engineer 1

Black & Veatch is hiring. However, there is massive dissatisfaction with the new CEO. Local/lower management is fantastic!

View 11 more replies
        Atlanta, GA
        Recommend
        CEO Approval
        Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive starting salary with significant annual pay raises, an out-of-this-world performance-based bonus program, zero-premium healthcare option, massive annual 401K / profit-sharing contributions, spot bonuses (i.e. "red envelopes") and solid employees who are passionate about what they do and smart in how they do them. KH staff also gives analysts a degree of autonomy and opportunities to be task leaders early on, so there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. On paper, KH is among the best consulting firms to work for, however it comes at a cost.

Cons

To be happy at KH, you must fully buy into the company culture, a demanding workload, and an almost robotic system of checks and monitoring to keep up that workload. There are very high utilization (UT) goals for analysts and mid-levels - higher than other consulting firms - so you will be spending many hours outside normal working hours to try to meet it. There is a bit of a corporate-y have-cake-and-eat-it-too mentality in the company culture, one that tries to emphasize fun and socializing with coworkers and happy hours, but at the same time demanding exorbitant amounts of your time to meet UT plus a host of annual trainings and marketing pursuits. To meet UT, you will often have to look for filler tasks, and as a one profit center, those tasks could be from anyone and anywhere across the country, so there tends to be a no-excuses mentality if at the end of the year UT is not met. The company culture apparently works for many people at KH, but if you do not buy into it 100%, it is very difficult to be happy there.

2. Join the Kimley-Horn team
        See Our Latest Jobs
      3. Could anyone refer me to any of these companies? Please DM me if so. Thank you! Allied Universal HCA Healthcare SYNNEX Bank of America Cisco Hilton Marriott International Rocket Mortgage, LLC Intuit Orrick Alston & Bird LLP New American Funding HP Workiva Nationwide Kimley-Horn Synchrony Baird Plante Moran HubSpot Red Hat Edward Jones Perkins Coie PulteGroup Keysight Technologies, Inc. Box Credit Acceptance First American Financial Corporation Progressive Insurance Bain & Company

4 comments

Associate 1

Are you looking for an attorney role? I work at Perkins Coie.

View 4 more replies
        Where is this from?
      4. My firm, Kimley-Horn, is expanding in the Pacific Northwest and we’re looking for a recruiter to lead and continue this expansion. We’re hoping this person has 5+ years of experience. We offer a competitive total comp package. If you contribute 4% to your 401K the firm gives 18%. Must sit on-site in our downtown Seattle office 4 days a week. Please DM me your info if you’d like to learn more!

7 comments

Talent Acquisition Specialist 1

Genuine question - why on EARTH would a recruiter need to sit in an office in a particular city, in a specific building at a specific desk in order to be successful in this job? It literally makes no sense to me. Recruiting was remote friendly before the pandemic. this o Single requirement shrinks your talent pool by 99%. I’d love to hear back a rationale if you have the time. Thank you.

View 7 more replies
        Where is this from?
      5. Has anyone worked for Kimley Horn? What was your experience?

2 comments

Booz Allen Hamilton 1

I don’t but my neighbor works there and loves it. He always has positive things to say. We team with them on some projects too; they have an excellent reputation. I believe they are employee owned, which is nice.

View 1 more reply
      Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,035 Reviews
      </>Embed

Kimley-Horn Reviews FAQs

Kimley-Horn has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,173 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Kimley-Horn to a friend and 85% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kimley-Horn employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kimley-Horn. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

74% of Kimley-Horn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kimley-Horn 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kimley-Horn to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Kimley-Horn Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

193.7K

Senior Sales Recruiter

15 Red Flags That You’re Interviewing at a Toxic Company (msn.com)

0 Comments

Project Manager

I interviewed at new company for the same role I currently do, so I have all the skills they need and more. I went through 5 stages of interviews, including pp in person and final 1 was on Friday over week ago. I was expecting to have news by last Friday. No news, so I emailed them last Friday asking for indication when can I expect the results,but we have Tuesday evening today, and no one emailed me back. This is the 1st time I have to wait so long after final interview for news-Should I worry?

1 Comment

Analyst

How long to typically hear back from a mid-sized company (200-300 people) after an initial interview? Their internal recruiter told me “a few days” and it’s been a week. Interview went very well (I thought!) Thinking of following up on Thursday if I don’t hear.

0 Comments

Glassdoor has 1,173 Kimley-Horn reviews submitted anonymously by Kimley-Horn employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Kimley-Horn is right for you.