Want a Free Job Posting?

• Any Status
Kimley-Horn and Associates President John C. Atz
John C. Atz
1 Rating

• Kimley-Horn also provides unparalleled benefits in the industry in the form of profit sharing contributions to individual (401k) retirement accounts (in 25 reviews)

• Strength in the diversity of the firm and it's one profit center (in 11 reviews)

• It is on you to achieve an acceptable work / life balance (in 34 reviews)

• Extra effort required to exceed goals (in 27 reviews)

1. An opportunity to grow and pursue your desires throughout a long rewarding career for the benefit of your family.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Kimley-Horn and Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, you have the opportunity to become a practice builder, serving the type of clients and projects you want throughout your career. You are rewarded for excellent client service and profitable work. You control your own destiny; you have the opportunity to become a partner. The benefits are excellent, and even though my wife has worked throughout her career also, KHA gave me the ability to raise a family, taking care of all health issues, and put 4 children through college. After working hard during my career, we will retire comfortably and enjoy life, volunteering to help others as we choose.

You must learn and work hard at striving for a balance between work and family life; it has been and it always will be a struggle; and everyone deals with it differently. While KHA promotes that each should be aware and maintain a balance, it can easily become blurred. Success and rewards can breed pride and greed. The family life can become stressful more than it already would be normally. The culture of high expectations of excellent quality and service, makes you more aware that we are surrounded by worldview culture of people who expect nothing more than average. This is disappointing.

Advice to Management

Don't loose the culture of our core purpose and values. Promote, celebrate and reward selflessness and selfless leadership. Equip employees to maintain a balance in their life, and discourage greed and prideful behavior.

Showing 1 of 213 review