Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Guest Service Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants CEO Mike
DeFrino
Mike
DeFrino
  1. "Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Manchester, VT

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants part-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of room to grow and friendly staff

Cons

Long hours with no to little break time.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2020-02-22

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kimpton creates a family like atmosphere, has many incentives and provides rewards to their employees

Cons

The new set of managers are only looking out for themselves and doesn't seem to interested in helping you advance in the company

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2019-07-11

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Response

September 25, 2019Your Friends at Kimpton

Managers are meant to uplift and empower; we're sorry that wasn't the case here. Feedback like this is important for us to hear and we'll be sure to share this so we can keep improving.

"Kimpton"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome company to work for, they truly care about there employees. They have a culture that is fun and free, you can be yourself and make guests have exceptional service.

Cons

None that come to mind. It is a new property so many kinks still need to be worked out but they are slowly fading as we have built a cohesive team that takes responsibility.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2016-04-10

"Guest Service Agent"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Washington, DC

Pros

Kimpton is an amazing company to work for. The management knows what they're looking for in new hires and that helps to create a team that is strong, supportive, and driven to be the best. They prefer to promote from within and management is very helpful in assisting with training and promotions. Aside from the company benefits, there are rewards for daily accomplishments that create a drive to do your best.

Cons

Could be difficult coming from other hospitality industries. Kimpton management is adamant about giving the power to each and every individual. They are there for support but prefer that every department have the ability to handle situations for themselves. The team is personality-driven which is very different from other more scripted hotels.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2015-12-30

"This Review is MOSTLY for THE BRICE in Savannah, GA"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Savannah, GA

Pros

Team work is amazing, most tools are available to successfully complete job, the reputation of our hotel is beneficial.

Cons

Management is not professional, competent, professionally supportive or reliable. '0' security! '0' care for not having security. Pay is not competitive. There is never a listening ear despite the "Open Door" joke of a policy.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2015-12-11
  6. "Fortune 100 for a Reason"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent

Pros

Kimpton creates an empowered work environment where agents have the opportunity to work outside of the SOPs of a normal hotel company. Being a boutique hotel company, Kimpton also allows for greater creativity and personality. They offer a rewards system for employees based on guest interaction, and offers great opportunities for promotion within the company.

Cons

Kimpton's hierarchical pay scale doesn't seem based upon merit, but upon position and time at the company. Thus, high performers must wait to be promoted. But, the corporate culture and opportunities make up for this.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2015-09-19

"The industry"

Guest Service Agent in Miami, FL

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros

This company is growing quickly, leading to many excellent positions and opportunities for the right candidate. They offer you the chance to be unique, but professional, which allows for a positive work environment.

Cons

The company is still trying to figure itself out and sometimes can lead to confusion for the employees.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2015-07-06
  8. "not great"

Guest Service Agent

I worked at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants

Pros

it was a job when I needed it

Cons

terrible management. Only concerned with numbers and favoritism

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2015-06-02
  9. "Room for improvement, always."

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Miami, FL

Pros

They do their best to accommodate everyones schedule and are fun to work with. Management is always willing to listen

Cons

Unprofessionalism from certain employees in high-ranked positions really don't do the company well.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2014-07-04
  10. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent

I have been working at Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing and expanding pretty fast so there will be lots of opportunities for career advancements.

Cons

Only if you are willing to relocate. Also, being a luxury boutique hotel, they try to accommodate the guests as much as possible..sometimes it went a little too far. All in all they do whatever it takes to make the guest happy.

Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants2014-05-08