Cover image for Kin + Carta

132 Comments

Consulting

410.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Kin + Carta~643120
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Innovation, Accountability and Making the World a Better Place: That's Kin+Carta

Mar 7, 2022 - Vice President - Technology in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kin+Carta is an amazing organization! Not only do we successfully operate on the leading edge of design, technology and data, but we're also a certified B Corporation which demonstrates our commitment to working for people and the planet and not just profit. The company has a diverse group of talented employees (we call them Kin) whose experience and skills range the entire spectrum of capabilities required to drive digital experience transformation. K+C embraces kin around the world which allows for diverse viewpoints, cultural backgrounds and insights to be woven into our work. We fully support remote, hybrid and in-person working experiences and the company has gone above and beyond to ensure that each Kin has the opportunity to work in the way that suits their lifestyle and needs. K+C has deep investments in ensuring that all of our Kin connect together not only on work assignments, but on fun activities, as well. Finally, I just can't say enough about the diversity of interesting and fun work there is to do here. We work with large, well-established organizations who are trying to disrupt their industries, small start-ups who have fresh and innovative new ideas to bring to the market and a plethora of well-known brands that we get to work with on a daily basis. In short, if you are looking for a place where you can leverage your knowledge of technology, experience, data and transformational business strategy, look no further than Kin+Carta.

Cons

Like any organization that is growing rapidly, there are the occasional growing pains. The management team is transparent about how we grow, evolve and transform our operating model, which I appreciate. Transparency helps to drive understanding. Still, it's great to see our rapid growth is being directed in a way that is responsible & true to our cultural values.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

One of the best companies thus far!

Nov 1, 2022 - Client Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life Balance Compensation Ability to work on some really great projects Growth Leadership Diversity

Cons

None I can think of so far!

3. Join the Kin + Carta team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Run, run away fast

Nov 1, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

B-Corp status and interesting people. Internal challenges can be fun - just wish allocated time on the timecard given the supposed focus on planet, people and profits

Cons

Zero leadership or direction. Getting assigned ("casted") is black art with zero match to skill or experience. Conducted interviews for less expensive international resources when better qualified employees benched.

5 people found this review helpful

Kin + Carta Response

Thank you for sharing your perspective. With everything we do at Kin + Carta, we strive to balance our client work alongside our people and planet initiatives. And while there is seasonality to each client relationship, our average five-year client tenure points to the strength of this foundation. It seems like your experience has been different. As a current employee, I’d like the opportunity to connect personally to discuss your concerns and experience. Don’t hesitate to save time on my calendar. Thank you for your review. - Adam Hasemeyer

5. 3.0

DO NOT TAKE THIS POSITION

Aug 17, 2022 - IT Support Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool workplace .. with a total of 4 people occupying it. Nice view on 16th floor. Lounge area for meditation and naps. Free beverages.

Cons

This post is specific to the CDS(IT) department. Unfortunately, this may seem like a pro but in the long run it's truely a con. I am reffering to the excess of freedom. In an enrty level, learning position there has to be guidence and leadership, which there was a lack of. It seemed like a free for all at the beggining and I felt I had to learn it all on my own and the onboarding training was non existant. Onsite, the CDS department was highly disorganized with physical devices and shipping scattered everywhere. The was quite embarissing. The software systems and tools within the company were simply overrun by the Devs/Engineers demand as well. Virtual meetings with this group were extremely weird and a waste of time because Chicago leadership would not come prepared and just leave the group to talk openly about anything, usually nothing work related. Being the jack of all trades is unfortuantely one of the worst positions to be in with tech because you are always over worked and underpaid. I was with the company for almost 1 year and the turn over rate in CDS was horrible. At my exit I was working with numerous new employess compared to my arrival. I would not reccomend working in CDS!

3 people found this review helpful

Kin + Carta Response

This year we have put more investment in our CDS function to support scaling and structures for growth. This is evidenced by one of three strategic initiatives for the year focused on foundational processes and systems that run our business. Previous years have been focused on other priorities related to navigating the COVID environment and necessary growth investments. Our CDS team has evolved quite a bit over the past year, building the foundation for how we will continue to scale as a business. I am grateful for the team’s drive, and wish you had a more positive experience. I wish you the best in the next step in your own journey and thank you for the time you had with us. - Kelly Manthey

6. 3.0

Good Company, Lacks some vision

Nov 10, 2022 - New Business Development in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great co-workers, everyone motivated to do their job and a great company culture/atmosphere. Had in person events that bonded a lot of different teams, everyone is welcoming, and felt like I was doing good to the world with where they stand on B Corp.

Cons

Leadership seems to change strategy before adequate time to see results. Also feel like they could do a much better job at growing internal careers. Saw too many good workers leave or take another job because there wasn't a focus on growing good talent.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Decent company

Nov 17, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Pay is decent - Benefits are great

Cons

- Culture is poor, no diversity - Disorganized org-structure - lengthy projects that get pushed off

8. 5.0

Consulting with Work-Life Balance

Jun 21, 2022 - Data Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership actually listens to its employees - Work is very consistently at 40 hours per week, only going over for in crunch time - Able to make a flexible schedule and work when desired - Can work remote pretty much anywhere in the US - Folks are really nice and smart - Variety of affinity groups and a strong diversity and inclusion program - Clients absolutely love us and our work - Able to move around and pursue opportunities that seem exciting - Great place to develop skills and get practice - Mentorship program in place with great mentors

Cons

- Not all offices have much office culture or participation - Client work doesn't feel necessarily "impactful" or "meaningful" in the broad societal sense since most clients are just big corporations - Pay isn't competitive with the big consulting firms or large tech companies off the bat (worth the trade off to me for work-life balance) - Since K+C is made up of lots of acquired businesses, there isn't always a cohesive culture across the locations with some feeling isolated

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Oct 3, 2022 - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work/life balance Unlimited PTO (but no more than 4 weeks if you want to keep yearly bonus) Salary quite big for low lvl engineers

Cons

No stocks Almost no additional compensations except salary

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Overall a great company to work for

Oct 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They genuinely seem to care about their employees and the planet

Cons

The leadership structure can be a little confusing and disorganized

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to kick off your carrer

Oct 14, 2022 - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Great company environment Most clients work with the latest technologies

Cons

Difficult to get promotions or pay raises Bonus depends 50% on the overall department and not 100% on your work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 468 Reviews
</>Embed

Kin + Carta Reviews FAQs

Kin + Carta has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 556 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Kin + Carta to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Kin + Carta employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Kin + Carta. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of Kin + Carta employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kin + Carta 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Kin + Carta to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Kin + Carta Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Kin + Carta? Share Your Experiences

Kin + Carta logo

Kin + Carta Careers

Cover image for Kin + Carta

Welcome to a company where the values of compassion, connection and courage run through every working day. We put our people first because...More

• Our work
  • A look inside
  • Our impact
  • Our promise

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

15 days ago

Company News
Live: Thread magazine - How To Craft Intelligent Customer Experiences. Intelligent Experiences are fast becoming a hot topic for organizations that want to get ahead and stay ahead. But, why are they so crucial and how can you, in your role, achieve them? Thread’s third edition is here to answer all those questions and more, with insight-packed features and interviews. Download Thread magazine at the link below!
Shared image - Thread magazine
Thread magazine
www.kinandcarta.com

100 days ago

Company News
At Kin + Carta, we're always thinking about what's next, especially when it relates to sustainable digital transformation. That's why we created Thread, a quarterly publication for individuals who want to use business as a force for good. The second edition was just released this week, with four articles that cover emissions tracking, business resilience, the Better Business Act campaign and a formula for ethical AI. Check it out at the link below!
Shared image - Thread magazine
Thread magazine
www.kinandcarta.com

Kin + Carta Photos

+ Add Photo
Kin + Carta photo of: Solsties at the 2019 JP Morgan Corporate Challenge!
Kin + Carta photo of: Pay it Forward, our annual day of giving back, in Tucumán!
Kin + Carta photo of: Pay it Forward, our annual day of giving back, in Denver!
Kin + Carta photo of: Pay it Forward, our annual day of giving back, in Chicago!
Kin + Carta photo of: A note for our new Kin
Kin + Carta photo of: We're #WorKinHybrid across the world!
Kin + Carta photo of: Kin + Carta – Buenos Aires Office

Vokal Logo
Vokal

3.9

Compare

Glassdoor has 556 Kin + Carta reviews submitted anonymously by Kin + Carta employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Kin + Carta is right for you.