Kinapse Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Life Science Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Life Science Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Kinapse (Less than a year)

Pros

-Wide breath of projects
    -Really great colleagues (very smart and capable, but collaborative vs. competitive)
    -Really strong and positive cultural values
    -Relatively flat organization - anyone can contact the CEO directly
    -Good place to build your career

Cons

-General support infrastructure (IT, Finance, Operations, etc.)
    -Standard growth pains associated with a successful / growing business (i.e. changing processes etc.)

Advice to Management

-As we grow, strive to retain and instill in new hires the Kinapse values - they are a big part of what makes Kinapse special
    -Improve and standardize training (onboarding and on-the-job training)

"Fast-growing, values-driven company with supportive team and rare culture"

I have been working at Kinapse full-time

Pros

Culture - very rare to find a company that lives by its values and teams who consider themselves close friends
    Caliber of people - keeps you on your toes professionally without turning into an unproductive, competitive atmosphere
    Positioning - capabilities truly are unmatched, providing a very positive outlook for future success with clients

Cons

Company is finding it challenging to provide efficient operational support amidst fast paced growth. Also, despite opportunities to advance when experience warrants, compensation might not be as competitive as other, larger consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Focus on operational excellence and bridging the occasional gaps in coordination/communication between regions. Hold on tightly to the "start-up"-like culture as the company continues to grow. At the moment the pros far outweigh the cons making for a very satisfying career experience - need to continue striking the right balance.

3. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at Kinapse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it has a good work culture

Cons

high internal politics in office

"Wonderful organization, amazing culture, human values focused on. Thank you for the fantastic experience."

Former Employee - Associate, Clinical Trial DIsclosures in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Kinapse (More than a year)

Pros

Work culture, moral values, open communication.

Cons

None for me and I mean it.

5. "Humiliation of Employees"

I have been working at Kinapse full-time

Pros

Company is all about Employees as well as client satisfaction. But it only try to empisise on clients. And not able to get both.

Cons

The Organization is good but work culture is not so good and it is just because of few of managers. How are just playing with system and making fun of values of company.

Advice to Management

I joined kinapse with lot of hopes and had a plan to stay here for atleast 2-3 years.But in my project the manager was psycho, where he is always demotivating the team, insulting us in public, and never in a mood to talk to anyone.
     There is no training and they push us to come in production without giving enough time. From day one they start sending QC failure and start insulting and demotivating.
    I don't think that kinapse will be having such managers, who torture us like machines and ask for daily in time and out time.
     They ask for mandatory weekend working especially when we have an extended weekend.
     The whole project gets screwed if manager is not having good mood. He is not ready to talk.
    He himself is enjoying like anything playing fussball and having tea breaks for hours cracking cheap jokes.
     I am so upset with all this. I will never suggest this company to anyone.

6. "Good company to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Medical Writer in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros

Working hours flexibility
    Good culture
    Wfh option
    PDG culture

Cons

Compensation
    Too liberal attitude of management
    Needs to get more projects

"Disorganized"

I have been working at Kinapse full-time

Pros

- Flexible working hours, incl. working from home
    - Some passionate and smart colleagues wanting to make an impact in the sector
    - Some senior management keeps trying to do the right thing

Cons

- All focused on the bottom line now to meet the overly ambitious growth targets to "repay" the private equity who bought the company, at the expense of employees' morale and compensation
    - Minimum support to staff for development
    - Loss of culture and values that were put in place before
    - Very poor operations support

Advice to Management

Focus back on the people for real (not just talks) in order to grow the company successfully before they all leave

"Going downhill very quickly"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

I worked at Kinapse full-time

Pros

Pre 2016, it was a very pleasant place to work. Friendly staff, good management, office is ok. Good bonus scheme, though not equal for all. Previous CEO very present in UK and good to work for.

Cons

New CEO is driving the company down, morale became extremely low by the time I left, benefits being taken away (annual company retreat) and constant reshuffles of structure meant no consistency.
    CEO treats the business like a toy, throwing money around in strange places, not honouring contractual agreements made before he came in and all round not nice to work with.

Management poor at planning and seem flippant when it comes to job security, they don't listen to staff and are very driven towards their own goals. they make snap decisions, and do not communicate those decisions effectively or why they have even been made.

Seems to be no consistency with salary and salary reviews - it is apparently based on how liked you are and if you're willing to work 24/7 for no overtime. Reviews are based on whether a senior manager likes you or not.

HR is absent and bias in the UK - fully supportive of senior manager decisions regardless of whether those decisions are justified or even make sense.

There is also bias bringing Oxford applicants into the business which makes the atmosphere elitist and uninviting to non-Oxford people.

the values that used to be ingrained in the business - values that won large contracts worth millions - have almost completely vanished from the business.

Advice to Management

Remove all bias from the business, particularly in the management team. Replace the new CEO with a leader.

"good"

Pros

great work and business life

Cons

salaries too low and weak leadership

"Free us!!!!"

Former Employee - SMW in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Former Employee - SMW in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I worked at Kinapse full-time

Pros

I made good friends there.

Cons

I worked in the ctd group in India for 1 years. They overload you with work and don't promote. The department head is cruel and only promotes favorites. We are never to speak of how we are treated otherwise we are removed. I suffered verbal abuse. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing people to be treated like slaves. We don't have a voice just a person who keeps us in line