KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 1,897 of over 2K reviews

3.1
KinderCare Learning Centers CEO Tom Wyatt
Tom Wyatt
Pros
  • "Working with children everyday is rewarding(in 69 reviews)

• "Bonding with children and families(in 47 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay with high responsibilities(in 98 reviews)

• "Classrooms are consistently overcrowded not meeting state standards(in 62 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of KinderCare Learning Centers and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Hard working teacher

May 6, 2021 - Teacher in Livonia, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoy seeing all the kids and each of there smiles. Working with the kids has been so encouraging each child is unique in there own way. My director and assistant director make me feel like i belong. I enjoy meeting all the parents. My coworkers make coming to work enjoyable.

Cons

Don't really have any issues

Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! As a company that's built on relationships, it's wonderful to hear that you found this connection with your students, families, and coworkers. Our ultimate goal is foster warm, welcoming environments to help everyone at KinderCare thrive. Thank you for everything you do to help this be a reality!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Flexible schedule

Apr 7, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management worked with your schedule. No matter if it was school, a 2nd job, doctor visits. Family emergencies. They were always supportive and flexible and Free lunches!

Cons

No overtime. If you go over 40 hrs you could take long lunch break. Leave work early or come in later to balance 40 hrs.

Recruitment Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad to hear you had a positive time with us and had the support and flexibility you needed! Teachers are the heart of everything we do, and we are dedicated to creating warm, positive work environments -- it's great to hear that was successful with you. Overtime rules can vary depending on the team or center, so we are sorry you were not able to get what you wanted in that regard. Overall, we hope you had a great time with us, and thank you for everything you did while you were here!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great working with children, but management determines whether or not you have a good work environment...

Jun 7, 2021 - Assistant Teacher in Smyrna, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome kids, awesome parents, fun to watch them grow

Cons

Lazy management that only corrects things when state comes to visit.

Continue reading
    4. 4.0

Best Place To Work

Jun 21, 2021 - Lead Childcare Teacher in Norman, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive environment, teamwork, supportive upper management

Cons

Demanding enrollment needs, communication barriers with COVID

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really depends on the building

Feb 28, 2021 - Teaching Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had some great times. Parents were great, co workers taught me a lot and I got to be creative. The company will help with your education which is awesome.

Cons

I left because the head staff really did not treat me fairly. For example, their was a dress code I followed 99.9% of the time. Other co workers did not as in wearing things that looked unprofessional. One time I wasn't able to do laundry, so I wore pants that would normally be an appropriate for a Friday attire on a different day. I was yelled at in front of parents in the middle of the center for a first ever miss dress. I am not saying wearing patterned pants on a day where we should wear black or khaki was a good think. The fact that I was embarrassed in front of employees and families for a first ever mistake was not ok of the assistant director. After many incidents like this there was a mass exodus of center regulars people who had been their for years left and went to other centers or left the company completely.

Continue reading
    6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Healthy work environment, growth opportunities, and safety protocols followed

Jun 11, 2021 - Student in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

reliable source of work; safety for the children and staff is number one priority, KinderCare offers employee growth and educational/training opportunities

Cons

Childcare is difficult and it has its challenges presented but if you have a good director and management team, your workday can go as smooth as possible (for a preschool teacher).

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Love the kids unsure about company

Jun 12, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on child care for my infant

Cons

Even though I get a discount on child care I still can’t afford it on top of paying for the required state courses. Breastfeeding and not aloud to breast feed my baby on the clock which I get, but not really sure what the difference is between me giving her a bottle of breast milk on the clock or breastfeeding. No space for breastfeeding mom to breast feed if she wants to come in and breast feed her child. Not sure how you accrue PTO health insurance for a family is to expensive. No opportunity for promotion or raise. Favoritism for certain employees

KinderCare

We're glad you found connection with the kids! ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​KinderCare's mission of childcare isn't just a business decision, it's a heartfelt calling, and that should be reflected in all we do. Creating an environment that supports the growth of our employees is intrinsic to all of our success, and we work hard to make KinderCare the place to grow, learn, and thrive. It sounds like your experience did not meet that standard, and we regret that. We make sure to invest in our people through medical & dental insurance, 401K, education assistance, childcare tuition discounts, mental and financial wellbeing resources, shopping discounts, and career paths throughout our organization. KinderCare believes in truly supporting our people's needs by seeking feedback and listening, so we appreciate your input as we grow towards better supporting our people. Thank you.

8. 4.0

Great stepping stone

Jun 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is ready, if you are starting out in the field they provide curriculum

Cons

Not every location provides the same quality

KinderCare

We're quite proud of our curriculum, which is rooted in a profound respect for children and helping provide them the best start in life. We are committed to accreditation for all our centers -- which means that our practices and curriculum have outside feedback proving it is of the highest-quality supporting kids. Additionally, we assess all of our practices to ensure that each child gets what they need to thrive. We know consistency is a big part of making sure work environments are positive and supportive, so we appreciate the feedback there as well! Thank you.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

Only cares about the company dollar

Jun 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The children and families are sometimes lovely

Cons

They under staff so that you can never just leave to use the bathroom, unless you use the intercom to ask for help. And you’re lucky if someone is free to relieve you. No flexibly here. They make your coworkers leave the room as soon as number of children goes down, so there’s no way to simply grab supplies, use the bathroom, run for help if child is being violent. You’re literally stuck because of children ratios. This is the only childcare center I’ve worked at that staffed this way and it took an enormous mental toll on me while I was there.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Jun 17, 2021 - Teaching Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

It has some good hours

Cons

It’s an eleven or 10 1/2 hour shift

KinderCare

Thank you for you feedback! It's great to hear you're having a positive time with us. We hear you about the long hours. We are responding as quickly as we can to the national crisis for teachers, and are implementing new recruiting and training methods to help address staffing needs as they arise. Thank you for everything you do to make KinderCare a great place to work!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,897 Reviews