Kindercare Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay for job responsibilities (in 55 reviews)

• A lot of the upper management they are hiring are business managers from retail (in 31 reviews)

"Unorganized"

Former Employee - Assistant Pre-K Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Pre-K Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some teachers turned into my friends.Discount on my baby.

Cons

Over child to teacher ratio every day shifting kids room to room every day instead of hiring sufficient amount of teachers they want more kids more money.rarely ever had enough food for what they were suppose to get in portion size.employees told to come to work even if sick even with dr note pink eye fever cold same with their children even with diareah fever pink eye.my baby went there 4 months & had to incident reports.1 older baby bit her in forehead she could not protect herself she's only 5 months was laying on boppy.other she was passed from employee to former boss by 1 arm.Too many babies & no way they hold every baby that crys 4 babies to 1 teacher.babies crying in cribs or on the floor who slid off boppys including mine multiple times.I walked in & had to get her out of crib crying or pick her up off hard floor or in slumped position.

Advice to Management

More teachers to children.If teachers are getting complaints re train them.Completing separate room for babies & toddlers not just a wall.Do not make sick employees and kids come in.Stop shifting kids.Hire more teachers so rooms are not over.Worry less about how room looks & more about children's needs.Stop letting supplies run out.Special needs children need their own teacher &
    /or own room.Children with behavioral issues need to be assessed.Violent children need to be removed.

2. "As an Assistant Director you get to learn about the details of the company."

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Wheaton, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Wheaton, IL

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children, An environment built to learn and develop in the Early Childhood Education Field. You can also contribute ideas and encourage the staff to be creative.

Cons

The pay is not good. Your work capacity depends on how many kids attend school. Not a. consistent schedule. Different workers from other centers may come help if you're short staffed. This may lead to unnecessary mistakes.

Advice to Management

Always show your employees that they're valued.

"Teacher"

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Love my co teachers

Cons

Don't work here!!!! I'm only 3 weeks in and today was payday and they didn't have my check because I wasn't "technically" hired until 2 days ago! SUCH BS!

Advice to Management

Be actual managers

4. "Great Summer Employment for College Student"

I worked at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Fun lesson plans and field trips planned for kindergarten and school age kids make it a fun place to work.

Great place if you like working with kids.

Cons

Can get very chaotic in the summer when all of the kids are off of school.

May need to be capable of switching to different rooms with different ages of kids day to day.

Advice to Management

Can be tricky to keep a large number of school age kids quiet during nap time for the little ones. It would be beneficial if the rooms were better separated.

5. "amazing"

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Helps their employees develop growth and furthur their education.
    Pay is great and the children are AMAZING!!!!

Cons

I have no cons for this company.

6. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Love my management team. Provide opportunities for continued development.

Cons

Limited areas for professional advancement.

7. "Its a shark pool."

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Laguna Niguel, CA

I worked at Kindercare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, childcare benefits... if you find one you want your child to go to.

Cons

Money ALWAYS comes before children and staff. There is a culture of dishonesty and back stabbing. Management covers up issues instead of solving them, there is an excuse for everything and they will lie outright to save a buck.

Advice to Management

Happy teachers have happy classes, happy parents, and full rosters. A policy is a hardline, not a guideline, and sometimes you have to own your mistakes and eat the consequences.

"Two Faced Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at Kindercare full-time

Pros

The children and co- workers

Cons

The staff is overworked for minimal pay.
    There were never enough supplies for the students for curriculum.
    Management was very two faced.
    Management would always complain when teachers ask for help.

Advice to Management

Sitting in the front office worrying about what your going to have for lunch isn't what you get paid for. You will be losing some amazing teachers by the actions you make.
    The state visiting all the time is simply not only because of our csr's being filled out incorrectly but because when someone calls down to ask for help they recieve attitude about having to be in a classroom. Employees are constantly told "Management doesn't belong in a classroom". Last I knew we were suppose to be a team. Its Okay for the three of you to gossip about your life and what you'll be having for lunch, but as soon as someone else gossips they get deterimanded. Lets not forget about the time child abuse was reported and two of you witnessed it first hand and it still took almost a week for this person to be determinated, then when the state comes you cover yourselves by saying this is the first time you've heard this. When almost every employee had addressed you with how this employee was handling children.

9. "Interview"

Pros

Great company to work for. Able to move forward & up if you want to make it a career . You do need to have patience, be a people person & able to multitask on a daily basis

Cons

Always going to be some changes last minute but it's expected. Working in this type of environment can cause for frustration but the safety & well being of children is always first

"Educator/Administrator"

I worked at Kindercare full-time

Pros

Good learning opportunities for directors.

Cons

Poor management from regional directors and above.