Kindercare Teacher Reviews | Glassdoor

Kindercare CEO Tom Wyatt
Tom Wyatt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very low pay for job responsibilities (in 61 reviews)

• A lot of the upper management they are hiring are business managers from retail (in 33 reviews)

1. "Make it about the kids"

Former Employee - Teacher in Fairfield, OH
    Former Employee - Teacher in Fairfield, OH

I worked at Kindercare (More than a year)

Pros

They have a great curriculum for the children.

Cons

The summer camp program is severely lacking.

Advice to Management

Its about the children, not the paperwork.

2. "Malvern kindercare"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher Infants in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher Infants in Malvern, PA

I worked at Kindercare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The staff & management are some of the most caring and amazing people I’ve had the pleasure of working with
    The staff cares for each child wellbeing & works hard to provide them with the best care possible.
    They form relationships with families that attend the center which helps families feel at ease

The new management has been working hard to improve the center and is doing an amazing job at it

Cons

Sometimes hours are long but who doesn’t love making a little extra money

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Love & miss you all

3. "Corporately Cares About Corporate"

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great teaching experience, decent hours, some Directors are good, benefits offered

Cons

Low pay, no opportunity for overtime due to salary freeze by corporate, forced to take 2+ hour lunch breaks to avoid overtime (but NOT allowed to leave the facility grounds during this unpaid break), parents are not encouraged to pick their kids up on time, shifts are supposed to be based on seniority, but often based on favoritism

Advice to Management

Be consistent with your shifts, do not change the rules to suit you just because your kid is in the class, enforce parents need to pick their children up before the facility closes

4. "Love my Career with KC"

Current Employee - Teacher in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Teacher in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make a positive impact in children and families lives! I feel like the company cares about children which makes it a great place to work!

Cons

Like any education job... it can be exhausting.... however, the hugs and love you get over powers that!

Advice to Management

The staff moral is up! I think this is due to increased communication and doing staff engagement events. We appreciate the positive improvement!

5. "Nasty Director"

Current Employee - Teacher in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good staff, Good benefits, good parents

Cons

Not good choice of director

Advice to Management

Pls hire experienced directors.

6. "Infant lead"

Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Easy trainings and great opportunities.

Cons

Demanding and can be overwhelming and long hours.

7. "Corporate is delusional."

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-teachers are wonderful, nice playground, some freedom with schedule and curriculum.

Cons

Children and teachers are constantly moved from room to room during the day to be more "efficient", directors are clueless about what actually needs to happen daily, so are regional managers. Very little support for teachers. Curriculum doesn't always make sense for age group. Teachers are expected to be superhuman. Hours aren't great.

"New Look into My Future"

Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Preschool Teacher in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initial process of becoming hired is very professional and completely thorough. Thereafter, most of my contact was with the director. She implement a very positive and patient professional status. Also the staff was friendly and welcoming. The classrooms clean and orderly. Most of all the children are well cared for and happy. Their family/ parents enter and exit with a trusting and confident smile. Last but not least, my job offering very much to my expectations.
    This is the place to be for me.

Cons

No job is ever perfect!!

Advice to Management

We are all on the same team. just different position. Together, lets all continue to aim for what we say we believe in and what our passions reflect. (THE CHILDREN!!)
    Professionalism, Communication & Empathy is the key.

"Kids were great, Standards and Training not so much"

Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Country Club Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Country Club Hills, IL

I worked at Kindercare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coworkers were genuinely interested in the development of the children and worked together to try and make everything run smoothly.

Cons

Leadership in certain locations were flawed and didn't know how to run smoothly.

Curriculum didn't allow for different types of learning nor did it make it easy to prepare children for the next age group, which meant some kids were behind when they moved up.

Didn't allow teachers to be creative and do outside of the box learning. They basically shunned anything that isn't in their written curriculum, although parents enjoyed the extra learning.

Leadership doesn't always stick for their staff.

Expect staff members to do multiple positions throughout the school but don't allot them enough time to prepare for each position. I at one point was the cook, the music teacher and then I was moved around to several different classrooms as the lead teacher.

Advice to Management

Take the time to get to know your staff, don't stretch them thin by giving them several task and not hiring enough staff because you don't want to pay out extra money. Allow your teachers to develop their own style of teaching as well as being able to add things to their curriculum. Actually take the time to ask parents what they want including the urban areas. Urban children do not learn the same as suburban children. Try to allow teachers to adapt to those type of situations and allow them to mold children. The purpose of the school is to prepare them for kindergarten why not prepare them and have them be further along.

10. "Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Assistant Director/Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Director/Lead Teacher

I have been working at Kindercare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Families are awesome and supportive. Great curriculum that's followed by teachers.

Cons

Communication isn't the best. Management isn't too involved or seem to care about staff. No support from management in classrooms. No training.

Advice to Management

It's hard advancing in management when they pick their favorites or people who are qualified or have experience. Which also ends up leading to a high turn over rate.