Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 20, 2020

3.2
Kindred Healthcare President and CEO Benjamin A. Breier
Benjamin A. Breier
Pros
  • "Good pay, remote work environment option(in 56 reviews)

• "Good Benefits and Career Advancement(in 43 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company that really takes care of it's workers."

5.0
    Former Employee - Cable Tech in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlike most travelling jobs at a tech where I'd be away from home for weeks or months at a time. Kindred flew me between home and work every week. Pay was good with all expenses paid and per diem.

Cons

Depending on the project you would get alot of pressure from upper management to complete it in less time then is practical resulting in rediculously long hours which isn't particularly safe when climbing through ceilings and on ladders.

Continue reading
  2. "The same as every other rehab company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Occpational Therapist in Bryan, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

Setting is clean and pretty

Cons

Communication is challenging; all upper management is remote

3. "Good starter job"

1.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great PTO benefits that’s about all It’s a good starter job to get experience

Cons

The company only cares about nurses and belittles all other staff . They allow their favorites to do whatever they want and even when they don’t get the job done upper management is quick to blame other staff members that had nothing to do with it. They will put their CNA to have 18 patients by themselves with no help from nurses sometimes then get upset when CNA can’t get to everyone

October 7, 2020Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience as an employee of Kindred. We hope you will consider talking further with our team. We consider your concerns as crucial for our current and future employees. I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you may remain anonymous and report your concerns by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835. Thank you, Chris B.

4. "Good"

4.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

Management was at best ok

Cons

Upper management was not attentive

"Hypocritical management that cuts corners and makes sure to save every last penny"

2.0
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist - RehabCare

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Great team of therapists at my facility - Flexible scheduling - Somewhat flexible PTO - Company reimburses for some supplies and CE

Cons

- Management completely out of touch with the day-to-day operations and conflicts being a therapist in a SNF/LTC facility -Productivity trumps promoting quality care at the end of the day. Regular mandatory "inservices" on ethical practice, yet the company doesn't practice what they preach. Point-of-care documentation? Not feasible for quality, patient-centered treatment. -Post-PDPM, company pushes for group treatments - Red flag! - Sub-par health benefits package - Company let go of majority of PRN staff, instructs full-time staff to drive an upwards of 2 hours to other facilities that need help when that facility's census gets high. - Upper management implements new policies, middle management and the therapists finally get the memo 2 weeks to months later. - Do I even need to mention CEO's multi-million salary when the company has had a "wage freeze" in place for the treating therapists for at least 2 years? Many of my coworkers haven't had a single raise in 5 years. If you threaten to leave, if you are LUCKY you may get a marginal one. - No performance reviews. - Therapists putting in their two weeks notice, then middle management groveling on their knees and offering significant raises in response. And then they want to ask how your non-existent performance review went....

6. "Weigh your Options"

2.0
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Various office locations in the metro Atlanta area.

Cons

No room for growth and raises are not an option. There is extreme favoritism and corporate does nothing about it. All upper management positions are not minorities.

January 11, 2020Director of Social Media

We appreciate your thoughtful words. We know this special calling requires special people, and we’re glad you’re here.

"Unethical"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing positive about working at this company

Cons

Unethical company! Upper management is dishonest, unless you are willing to engage in illegal and unethical practices don’t work for this company.

December 28, 2018Manager of Online Reputation

Would you be willing to share your experience in more detail? We can be reached at experience@kindred.com. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

8. "Client Coordinator/HR/CNA Supervisor"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

The company was bought from other companies and the staff and policies changed. The office staff was great and would try to help the clients and C.N.A out as much as they could.

Cons

Stressful and undermining people from upper management - no raise -no benefits -took away additional pay incentives - does not care about the employees - lack of communication between employees and office - bad turnover -

October 9, 2018Manager of Online Reputation

We understand that both past and present employees contribute to our culture of properly caring for our patients. Would you be willing to reach out to me with more details? If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can call our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Eric B, Director, Kindred Healthcare.

9. "Kindred/Girling"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare part-time

Pros

The clients. Hours. Travel to clients were not too far. Work was easy. No wait times. Clock in/clock out east.

Cons

Getting paid. Upper management not returning phone calls.

September 13, 2018Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive.

10. "Kindred House Call Doctor Reveiw"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

They provide a much needed service to an increasing population of elderly and homebound patients. Office management tries to create a collaborative and positive environment.

Cons

Upper management seems unorganized and they make changes last minute with no planning that throws the office into chaos. Seems to be a constant feel of putting out fires.

August 8, 2018Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. We would appreciate the chance to talk to you about your concerns so that we can prevent this from happening again – the impact of sharing your concerns is key for the future experiences of other employees. If so, I can be reached at experience@kindredathome.com, or you can remain anonymous by calling our compliance hotline at 1-800-359-7412 to report your concerns. Thank you, Amanda H, Director, Kindred at Home

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 English Reviews