Kindred Healthcare "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Kindred Healthcare Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 25, 2018

3.1
Kindred Healthcare CEO Benjamin A. Breier
Benjamin A. Breier
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management not returning phone calls(in 66 reviews)

• "Patient care/quality of care not as important as productivity(in 49 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company that really takes care of it's workers."

Former Employee - Cable Tech in Louisville, KY

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlike most travelling jobs at a tech where I'd be away from home for weeks or months at a time. Kindred flew me between home and work every week. Pay was good with all expenses paid and per diem.

Cons

Depending on the project you would get alot of pressure from upper management to complete it in less time then is practical resulting in rediculously long hours which isn't particularly safe when climbing through ceilings and on ladders.

Advice to Management

Listen to your techs and PM's. Many of them are very hard working and if they say it's not practical or safe, it isn't. If a job is bid for 1 week but should take 2, that shouldn't be the techs problem to fix; the person who did the bid needs to spend some time on projects to get a better idea of what kind of obstacles to watch out for that can grind a cabling team to a crawl and will need extra time to complete... correctly and safely.

Kindred Healthcare2013-09-12

"Unethical"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nothing positive about working at this company

Cons

Unethical company! Upper management is dishonest, unless you are willing to engage in illegal and unethical practices don’t work for this company.

Kindred Healthcare2018-12-26
  3. "Client Coordinator/HR/CNA Supervisor"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

The company was bought from other companies and the staff and policies changed. The office staff was great and would try to help the clients and C.N.A out as much as they could.

Cons

Stressful and undermining people from upper management - no raise -no benefits -took away additional pay incentives - does not care about the employees - lack of communication between employees and office - bad turnover -

Kindred Healthcare2018-09-26
  4. "Kindred/Girling"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

I worked at Kindred Healthcare part-time

Pros

The clients. Hours. Travel to clients were not too far. Work was easy. No wait times. Clock in/clock out east.

Cons

Getting paid. Upper management not returning phone calls.

Advice to Management

Call back those who leave a voicemail. Never ever make the employee feel like they don't matter.

Kindred Healthcare2018-09-08
  5. "Kindred House Call Doctor Reveiw"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time

Pros

They provide a much needed service to an increasing population of elderly and homebound patients. Office management tries to create a collaborative and positive environment.

Cons

Upper management seems unorganized and they make changes last minute with no planning that throws the office into chaos. Seems to be a constant feel of putting out fires.

Advice to Management

Better communication, better planning and better implementation of plans overall so that day to day responsibilities do not get side lined to put out fires.

Kindred Healthcare2018-08-07
  6. "Credentialing Specialist"

Former Employee - Credentialing Specialist in Alameda, CA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, leadership was very understanding, good work place environment

Cons

Communication was horrible. There was no support from upper management. Advised us that our jobs would be safe, but we were notified a few weeks later that they would be closing our department. They did not give us an exact date, and when we were given a date, it was the same day that they laid us all off.

Kindred Healthcare2018-05-14

"BAD PLACE TO WORK"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nationwide company that has made a name for themselves in terms of being business-minded. Kindred has a very large foot print in the American healthcare landscape. Employee benefits are satisfactory.

Cons

Absolute lack of care for the employees. Upper management looks out solely for their own job security. Management created a never-ending cycle of rules, regulations, policies,and procedures under the guise of efficiency to justify their own existence while creating workloads that were nearly impossible to manage. There is no job security for the field employees.

Advice to Management

Nurses, Therapists and other caregivers are not machines!!! Employees give you their all, then they get sick and die from the stress that is put on them.

Kindred Healthcare2018-02-03

"Corporate goal is making money; not patient care"

I worked at Kindred Healthcare part-time

Pros

Great therapists who cared about the patients; interacting with patients and other lower level employees.

Cons

It’s true what another reviewer stated, feels like we are set up to fail. All upper management cares about is money, not the patients. I applied and accepted a part time job but it felt like it was more of a full time job with the amount of hours that I was working but without any benefits. For a company that supposedly cares about its employees; part timers do not qualify for any health benefits. I also earned... less than the CNAs at the facility where I worked.

Advice to Management

Upper management had no idea how much work we had to do. Don’t set employees up to fail; lower level employees love what they do but when they are only hearing negative comments from upper management it just wears them down until they leave. Training can be greatly improved upon; most of the time I was shown/trained on a new procedure for about 1/2 hour or less.

Kindred Healthcare2018-02-17
  9. "Radiology technologist"

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Kindred Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work, very slow pace if you like that, good for new grads maybe

Cons

Low pay, upper management(CCO, CFO, CEO) is way over paid while all the works are under paid. I worked just less than full time and never received any benefits at all. Even though I was almost full time the labeled me as a per diem employee. High turn over due to poor benefits and pay so protocols are not followed properly and the patients may suffer because of this.

Advice to Management

radiology manager was nice(in Seattle)

Kindred Healthcare2017-10-07

"ICU RN"

I have been working at Kindred Healthcare

Pros

Noc Supervising is good. Some noc RN’s are good to work with. ( have your back). Noc supers are helpful.

Cons

Staffing ratios are high risk to RN’s. No positive feedback from upper management. Moral is poor, makes job very taxing.

Advice to Management

Utilize acuity scores.

Kindred Healthcare2017-10-14