KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kindred Hospitals

Engaged Employer

Kindred Hospitals

Add a Review

Kindred Hospitals Employee Reviews about "kindred"

Updated Nov 14, 2021

Healthcare

7h

a

Counselor

Just started a new job as an LMHC 7 weeks ago. It’s fee for service. Was told during the interview I’d have a full caseload always and have more stable clients. However, I’ve been getting at least 1 no show/cancel per day and found out that I don’t get paid for it unless the client pays. Now with these no show / late cancels, I have less clients and no new intakes are being put in my schedule even though I’ve alerted the intake dept several times. Is it bad I want to leave already?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay was good after a while but had to be there for a long time before compensation truly balanced out.(in 117 reviews)
  • "Atmosphere is great and the people with small exceptions are very friendly and willing to help out.(in 93 reviews)
  • "Staff were friendly and helpful(in 78 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great(in 61 reviews)
  • "The Salary was good.(in 31 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kindred Hospitals and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "kindred"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Working Environment

Jul 7, 2021 - Physical Therapist in Ballston Lake, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Kindred has been the best decision I have made in the past few years as a Physical Therapist. We had a change in our Executive Director and now our working environment is positive and extremely support with all the office staff and clinicians. We are flourishing!

Cons

No cons at this time

Manager of Online Reputation

We are happy you shared your experience with us. Our employees are at the core of our mission! -Keenan B.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company claims patients are priority but they are not

May 10, 2021 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

A Few co workers in organization are very capable nurses.

Cons

Sr Administration cares about money over quality care and lacks capable inspiring leadership. Fear is their primary method of motivation toward employees. Local administration trickles down fear messages from Sr administration. Too many patients for too few staff…especially night shifts. Benefits are worse than hospitals. Pay is poor for RN Would never recommend to anyone to work at Kindred if they care about quality of the clinical care.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience. We value every piece of feedback we receive and we know it takes time out of your busy day to complete. -Keenan B.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Neither positive nor negative

Jul 28, 2021 - Crew Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

Massive support due to the amount of chiefs employed by Kindred

Cons

The overhead at Kindred does not allow for comparable merit increases compared to other organizations in the city. Getting messages was a lot like playing the game "telephone" at recess. DVP>area lead>city lead>building lead>bedside caregiver for messaging meant something was always missed.

Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your experience. We would appreciate the chance to talk to you about your concerns so that we can prevent this from happening again – the impact of sharing your concerns is key for the future experiences of other employees. If so, I can be reached at experience@kindred.com, or you can remain anonymous by calling our compliance hotline at 1-844-760-5835 to report your concerns. Thank you, Keenan B.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Pay, Hard work

Aug 26, 2021 - ICU Registered Nurse in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kindred pays better than any other hospital in the city

Cons

Bad staffing ratios and often very few experienced staff.

Manager of Online Reputation

We appreciate your sharing your experience working on our team. -Keenan B.

5. 1.0
    Former Contractor

Laid off

Nov 4, 2021 - Help Desk Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a foot in the door for me.

Cons

Unfortunately, Kindred laid off their entire internal IT support division in 2019.