KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Kindred Hospitals

Engaged Employer

Kindred Hospitals

Add a Review

Kindred Hospitals Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 18, 2021

Healthcare

10h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Hey everyone, I’m wanting to transition to tech from healthcare. I have 5 years experience, working front office (clinic scheduling, admin etc), currently back office (referrals, prior authorizations) , I have basic medical billing/coding knowledge & also provider credentialing experience. Any recommendations for tech roles that could be a fit with my background? I do NOT want to be in customer service or call center type role if at all possible though.

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Pay was good after a while but had to be there for a long time before compensation truly balanced out.(in 117 reviews)
  • "Atmosphere is great and the people with small exceptions are very friendly and willing to help out.(in 94 reviews)
  • "Staff were friendly and helpful(in 77 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great(in 59 reviews)
  • "The Salary was good.(in 35 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Kindred Hospitals and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company that really takes care of it's workers.

Sep 12, 2013 - Cable Tech in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlike most travelling jobs at a tech where I'd be away from home for weeks or months at a time. Kindred flew me between home and work every week. Pay was good with all expenses paid and per diem.

Cons

Depending on the project you would get alot of pressure from upper management to complete it in less time then is practical resulting in rediculously long hours which isn't particularly safe when climbing through ceilings and on ladders.

Continue reading
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Typical healthcare setting

Nov 18, 2021 - Speech-Langauge Pathologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

At one time they paid decent amount for therapists per hr

Cons

Upper management is driven by $$$$

Kindred Hospitals Response

Manager of Online Reputation

Thank you for sharing your experience working on our team. We appreciate your sharing feedback with us. -Keenan B.

3. 4.0
    Former Temporary Employee

kindred hospital

Aug 6, 2021 - Anonymous Temporary Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work. Good nurses and good environment to work with

Cons

Not enough pay for the workload Poor upper management Canceled shift

Kindred Hospitals Response

Manager of Online Reputation

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Okay place to work if starting your career and don't rely on money

Apr 29, 2021 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff and flexible schedule

Cons

If you are hired as full-time it is not guaranteed you'll have 40 hours. I averaged at 15-25 hours for the past 3 months and before that only 35 hours max. Never reached full 40 hours the entire time I was employed. So if you heavily rely on money look elsewhere. The company is pro-profit so they only care about making the most money, so they will micromanage everything and get on your case constantly about productivity, how much time you should spend with patients, with nurses, time span you should clock in/out, etc. Sadly, most of the time you'll be caring more about making sure you're meeting Kindred's expectations rather than patient care due to management always changing and adding new expectations as well as getting on your case. It is really hard to meet productivity when caseload is low and despite giving them valid reasons, upper management doesn't understanding and will still pressure you on meeting productivity.

Continue reading