Kinecta FCU Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1
Kinecta FCU President & CEO Keith Sultemeier
Keith Sultemeier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Amazing Benefits to Supplement Goals and Work/Life Balance (in 8 reviews)

• There were great benefits and the pay was decent (in 5 reviews)

Cons

1. "Desktop Support - Temp"

Former Employee - Desktop Support in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Desktop Support in Manhattan Beach, CA

I worked at Kinecta FCU (Less than a year)

Pros

With approx. 1000+ users, I was constantly busy which made the time go by fast.

Cons

All large-boxed items such as monitors, printers, and computers should be delivered on site via freight services instead of employee vehicles.

2. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Kinecta FCU full-time (More than a year)

Pros

below average pay, but worked her throughout college. Some managers were cool and others not so much.

Cons

Micro managed, boring, slow. Would not recommend. Repetitive monotonous work. Glad I no longer work there, but paid the bills.

Advice to Management

Please no more micro managing, be original and stop copying other organizations. Poorly run organization.

3. "If you are not management......."

Former Employee - Loan Serving Liaison in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Serving Liaison in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Kinecta FCU full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The El Segundo building was very close to my home.

Cons

If you are friends with management or management yourself you have got it made at Kinecta. The only other way to be successful at Kinecta is if you give up all of your free time participating in the volunteer projects that are going on almost every weekend because you are smoozing with upper management as well and getting your face out there and familiar to them.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the middle management that show favoritism to the employees that have come with them to Kinecta from other companies. These employees receive preferential treatment.

"Been through some changes but on a good trend"

Current Employee - Business Services in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Business Services in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Kinecta FCU full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, great co-workers, culture supports the community and employees take pride in serving the less fortunate. Management values the input from employees.

Cons

There has been significant changes in mid and high level management that have scared some long term employees away. Those who fear or don't welcome change will struggle here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Take input into consideration from all levels. Change doesn't always have to be painful. Those who embrace the vision will work through it.

5. "sr operation specialists"

Former Employee - Senior Member Service Representative in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Member Service Representative in El Segundo, CA

Pros

upper management is fairly friendly

Cons

middle management is not friendly

Advice to Management

pay more attention to people who do not want to travel to and from work

"Not your typical company"

Current Employee - Vice President, IT in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President, IT in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Kinecta FCU full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Caring Staff, Wonderful Peers, Member Centric, Employee Centric, Community Centric, Competitive Salary, Great Benefits, Smart People, Greatest Boss, and yes Awesome CEO!!!

Cons

Commuting on 405 can be annoying

"Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Great Executive Leadership Team
    Amazing Benefits to Supplement Goals and Work/Life Balance
    Core Values with a Focus on Integrity
    Unbelievably Talented Employees
    Competitive Compensation

Cons

Training and Development Programs are Limited (as it is in many smaller companies)
    Career Path Options Lack Direction
    There is No System Set Up to Identify/Develop Future Leaders
    Some Departments are Understaffed

Advice to Management

-Allocate more resources to talent development and training, specifically a new manager on-boarding training program
    -Create a program to identify talent with leadership abilities
    -Create organized career path directional charts for each position so one-on-ones are more structured. (Although they each individual goal is different, sometimes we need help in knowing what the next step could be.)
    -Implement 360-degree feedback performance appraisals to get better feedback of your organization as a whole
    -Hire more talent to support departments which may currently be struggling
    -Keep on rockin' those core values!

Keith, Joseph, Sharon, Doug, Luis, Maria, and Mark: You make your organization a great one! I have nothing but good things to say about Kinecta and all of you make this possible. Keith, your leadership is the best I have ever seen in an organization. You set the perfect example of the core values you stand for and your constant search for improvement makes you a great leader.

...and a shoutout to Maria and Sharon. I LOVE it when women can rock their heels in executive roles. Kudos to you, ladies!!!

"Same as working at a WF or Chase"

Current Employee - Msr in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Msr in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Great community involvement.
    Most of the managers at my branch try their best to help us.

Cons

I believe Kinecta is forgetting it's a credit union and wants to be a big bank in disguise. I think the executives are at fault here, as their financial goals are way too lofty and idealistic. A credit union is supposed to be special and always looking for the member's best interest. This doesn't happen when branch employees are pressured be pushy selling products that will truly not help the member. There is extreme anxiety going to work every day knowing if you don't hit that number you could be fired (these go up every month). The high up position salaries are insane for a nonprofit, its just.. eerie. Being one of the biggest credit unions is not necessarily a good thing when you become so detached from your member's true needs. You're so focused on making more money that your members are closing accounts because you're failing to meet their true needs!

Advice to Management

TKX is too pushy, time consuming, and pretentious.
    Executives and upper management need to spend less time LECTURING the hard working branch employees and more time HELPING them get better at identifying TRUE needs for a member. (And no, "needs" do not always mean selling!!)
    Remember what it means to be a credit union.
    I'm pretty sure a few of these recent reviews are fake....

"So Far So Awesome"

Current Employee - Clerk in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Clerk in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Kinecta FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kinecta is a great company. Seriously, the people are grand and the work is plenty. I happen to be in contact with 30 of the Nix branches on a daily bases and they are always a wonder to speak to.

Cons

The only con is my pay; I guess the position isn't an important one. I really don't remember being disappointed by my job... Other than not being compensated well.

"Some senior execs should resign - they micromanage, think they know everybody's job and make extremely poor decisions."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at Kinecta FCU full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Most of the people there are awesome to work with, smart, know the business and have a great sense of humor.

Cons

Some managers and directors don't have a clue as to what they are doing. They micro-manage, retaliate when you don't agree with them. There is no trust from the top down. Despite what some people think, there is no work life balance.

Advice to Management

Replace the CIO. Stop micro managing and start showing more respect and trust for staff members. Understand that it is the employees that make or break a business - focus on keeping employees happy. Stop making bad decisions.