- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - South San Francisco, CA
- - Virginia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Arlington, VA
- - Washington, DC
- - District of Columbia
- - South Carolina
- - Myrtle Beach, SC Area
- - Myrtle Beach, SC
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom Area
- - London, England
- Singapore - All Cities
Found 61 of over 63 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Nice people for the most part." (in 6 reviews)
- "Great people, great Leadership Team and great technology!" (in 4 reviews)
- "Great team members and colleagues and (at least in engineering) a lot of helpful people" (in 3 reviews)
- "Good benefits, insurance and fair pay." (in 3 reviews)
- "My manager is also good at making sure I don't burn myself out." (in 2 reviews)
- "They ousted the CEO and a large chunk of staff due to some concerns around how revenue was booked and a combination of abysmal revenue under a new CRO." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 1, 2022 - Manager in Arlington, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Amazing, differentiated tech in hyper-growth segment - Happy customers who are expanding - Brilliant CEO founder who attracts uber talented engineers
Just your typical differences between a start up and larger orgs.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★May 3, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I have been working at Kinetica for over two years. When I started we were doing pretty well (on the outside) but it felt more like a lumbering corporate company than a nimble startup, weighed down by a lot of marketing buzzwords (whole lotta hot air) and an enterprise led growth strategy. Things went sour pretty rapidly as covid hit. And we had to go through a few rounds of layoffs and leadership changes. But we have turned it around over the last year thanks to excellent leadership, a shift to a more open developer oriented strategy and improvement in the usability of the product (and a lot of hard work from a lot of committed folks). We just closed on our best quarter yet and it feels like we are on the cusp of a remarkable period of growth. The tougher times have also had a cleansing effect on culture. There is more straight talk and its brought everyone closer and made it a far more collaborative environment.
Let's keep moving in the same direction.Continue reading
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 14, 2021 - Operations in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
My time there was short and the team completely changed but overall it was a good company to work for.
Too many problems with upper management, disorganized.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 23, 2021 - SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Incredible DB performance using GPU as a performance advantage.
Services intensive solution. Questionable product stability.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 10, 2021 - Software EngineerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
New founder-ceo is what the company needs, but rest of leadership is missing.
Product is buggy and has too many unused features instead of quality.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jun 11, 2021 - Solutions Architect in Arlington, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
nice people, interesting work, good location, sometimes remote work
some clients are walking red flags, but they pay the bills
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Solutions Engineer in South San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The data warehouse, analytical capabilities, and engineering staff are truly special.
Lack of diversity, honesty, transparency, and integrity amongst the go-to-market leadership and CEO. Continuous turnover and instability with poisonous attitudes and a lack of humanity. The professional services, sales, solution engineering, and the rest of the go-to-market organization have an awful and depressing culture.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Mar 22, 2021 - DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Fast Paced, never boring, always learning
You may need to wear several hats, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Mar 6, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Very fast database for large scale data projects. Lots of talented engineers in the Arlington office. For certain use cases no one can do what Kinetica does. Competitive pay and benefits.
The use cases that can applied to this kind of technology are not mainstream. Few companies seem to have the data requirements that warrant this performance. Made it hard to find customers. Not great market recognition still lots of evangelizing that needs to happen. Lack of developer community means lack of organic growth. Tough to compete with household names such as databricks snowflake mongodb and others.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Feb 26, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
*One of kind product that has the potential to change the data cloud market *Best in class talent, including an outstanding engineering team *Leadership that listens and offers transparency on what is and is not working
*Company is healing after tough but necessary organizational changes.Continue reading
Kinetica DB Reviews FAQs
Kinetica DB has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 63 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Kinetica DB to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
56% of Kinetica DB employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Kinetica DB 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.