Kinetica Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Kinetica Media Reviews

3.8
Chris Swemba

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Bush-league and dishonest business practices"

Former Employee - Web Programmer in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Web Programmer in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Kinetica Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back for the most part. A few paid holidays.

Cons

Inconsistent deadlines.

Boss will not tell you about jobs until 2 days before they are due.

No AC in small, cramped office.

No sound baffling at all, you hear everything every person is doing at all times.

Old, outdated equipment.

The owner/manager outright misleads customers into paying for services that are free or he doesn't intend to deliver. (Charging over $1000 to install Wordpress)

Owner uses employees for side jobs, and doesn't pay for the extra work.

Owner often takes credit for the jobs workers do when presenting to clients despite having zero programming knowledge.

Immense micro-management. Wants you to explain everything you do, provide task lists of things you worked on for every minute of the day. All while manually monitoring you so he can find any inconsistency.

Advice to Management

You know what you're doing wrong... just stop.

Oct 31, 2014 – CEO

If this is a legit post, then so sorry you had this experience. Let me reach out to you directly so we can talk about this. If this is a bogus post from the same person that continues to slander us... More

"Entry level, passe "maketing firm""

Former Employee - Web Developer in Perrysburg, OH
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Perrysburg, OH

I worked at Kinetica Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Personal office space, good location to downtown Perrysburg, quiet, not a lot of pressure since things were prett slow, coffee, good opportunity for first time entry level job, christmas bonus

Cons

Disorganized, technology is very outdated, kind of a run down office, no air conditioning, old equipment, no real production environment, pay is far below industry norms but the company is set-up more as a "pump out templates" rather than true strategic partnerships, sometimes the "salesy" environment makes things feel a little dishonest towards clients, company hasn't really evolved with the industry. Designs look the same as they did 10 years ago.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing, I dont think you really have enough knowledge to take your company beyond the "off the shelf" kind of packaged solutions.

Oct 31, 2014 – CEO

3. "Overall its been a great relationship."

Current Contractor - Social Media Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Current Contractor - Social Media Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I have been working at Kinetica Media as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with Kinetica on a freelance basis.

They asked If I could write a review of my experiences with them which we've had for over 4 years.

I like working with them because they are honest, smart, pay well, let me do my thing and bring my OWN vision to projects which I appreciate that. You don't get the kind of creative freedom from most of the other agencies I work with.

Overall its been a great relationship.

Cons

I wish they used use slack instead of Skype and maybe another project management tool for projects. Base camp is fine, but there are a few other CRM tool that I like better.

Advice to Management

Again, I would look into to using other project tools and also provide more work to me would be great :> Maybe some big brand projects would be nice..

4. "Awesome Team to Work With!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Kinetica Media as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

challenging projects
    good easy to follow development system
    Chris is awesome to work with
    fast payments with bonus

Cons

remote working
    have never met the team in person- but hope too soon
    want more work from them

Advice to Management

want to work for you more, please

5. "fun place to work"

Pros

I like the freedom, the people, the clients and the projects. I'm very excited for the new projects that Kinetica Media is engaging in. We have great client retention rate and the clients for the most part seem pleased with our services and recommend us a lot.

Cons

The things I don’t like about Kinetica Media are few at this point. Sometime the deadlines get stressful and there never seems that there is enough time in the day to complete all the work I have (which is a lot mostly). There isn’t any A/C in the building so it can get pretty hot in here.. Other than that, I like working with the team and Kinetica’s clients.

Advice to Management

Chris, stay focused on the big picture and work on the business..... not in the business. You are a much better entrepreneur than a manager :) Stick to what you are good at and let your staff do to what they are good at.

Oct 31, 2014 – CEO

Thanks for the great post!