Kinetico Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newbury, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newbury, OH

I have been working at Kinetico full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company that's not well known outside of Geauga County. Excellent benefits, perks and company culture. Headquarters is situated on a beautiful campus that allows for lunch time breaks or you can use the onsite fitness facility that was recently upgraded with new equipment. They also have a very robust wellness program. If you are looking to share new ideas, make an impact and get involved, this is the place to do it since management is very open minded and new ideas are embraced. Truly a great company to work for.

Cons

Somewhat limited career advancement, but that's starting to change as the company continues to grow.

2. "Territory Manager"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Kinetico full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, good product, Ohio made

Cons

Boys club management, does not like older employees

3. "Solid, little known/underrated company"

Former Employee - Middle Manager in Middleburg Heights, OH
    Former Employee - Middle Manager in Middleburg Heights, OH

I worked at Kinetico full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great culture, almost no politics. Good benefits and good people

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity to advance internally. Fairly flat organization. Slow decision making and weak or inconsistent direction can be an issue

4. "Right for me at the time"

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Newbury, OH
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Newbury, OH

I have been working at Kinetico full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are able to make a big impact at the company because in my mind it is a small company. I feel that I can walk in and talk to the CEO or any other VP at any time.

Cons

There is no opportunity for growth if you are a professional. Upper management isn't a cohesive unit. Many managers are micro managers. Several are also very emotional and will make emotional decisions instead of rational.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page!

5. "Was a wonderful company to work for . . . until the cofounders sold to an investment firm."

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Kinetico full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their products are phenomenal, and their health benefits are to die for. They have some great people working for them who still really care about satisfying their customers

Cons

Management. Since the take over, there's no value placed on any employee, middle management bullies subordinates, moral is at an all time low and everyone distrusts/disrespects them. Far too many people were brought in to "lead" the company who took no time at all to actually learn the industry, product or existing culture. They went from the best place to work to the worst.

Advice to Management

Sack your middle management, find new (or past employees) with experience in the actual industry and give them time/encouragement to learn the product. Most of all, remember that the company was built on a customer-first attitude for 35 years, and the numbers will follow.

6. "Corporate Employee"

Pros

Great company with a positive atmosphere. Employees are valued. Great benefits.

Cons

Getting some things done takes much longer than necessary.

7. "Best Company Culture"

Pros

I have been employed at Kinetico for 4 years, and daily count my blessings that I made the decision to come here. I was recruited, and at the time, was working in a job that I loved. During the interview process, I felt at home so quickly, and I was inspired by the vision of the leaders to grow the company, while keeping focused on the "family" culture and values. Kinetico is passionate about social, environmental and financial sustainability and truly takes care of its own.

The benefits that the company offers are outstanding, and the pro-active focus on employee wellness is amazing.

Cons

Kinetico is located in Newbury, Ohio; a beautiful area and campus, but not easy to get to.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Great US company"

Pros

Fast paced and a lot to learn. Great products. Great company. They have some of the world's best water filtering and conditioning technology in the world. Rarely an unhappy customer.

Cons

Poor use of technology and slow to release updates on technical maintenance bulletins or how to fix equipment can sometimes impact service technicians in the field however the equipment rarely breaks.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to find documentation on line and through internal network resources. Encourage dealers to Reward technicians for their work through sales training or opportunities to progress in the company or provide other opportunities.